Follow

Scorpion

Character » Scorpion appears in 62 issues.

Once a member of the Shirai-Ryu clan of Ninjas, Hanzo Hasashi a.k.a. Scorpion for vengeance. was killed by the Elder Sub-Zero in battle while his whole family and clan were slaughtered by the menacing sorcerer: Quan Chi. Scorpion returned, but as a Ninja spectre out for vengeance.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Scorpion DLC Revealed

• 112 results
    ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

*Check calendar*

Hmm. June. So this isn't some awful April Fools and we really are wasting a spot on the roster for NRS' poster boy, just like the disc crackers said as soon as the game released.

*sigh*

Ah well. Not the absolute worst thing they could have done, but I SO wish they'd just let this game stand on it's own without any MK characters. I already played MK9 to death. Plus Scorpion is cheap. :P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#52  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@k4tzm4n said:

@csantilli27 said:

@delphic said:

So much for that lie about there being no MK characters in upcoming DLC.

this

Where was that stated?

When Ed Boon was asked if there was going to be any MK characters in Injustice he said no and "We want the DC characters and injustice to be able to stand out on its own merits, separate from our work with Mortal Kombat."

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Does anyone know a release date yet?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool beans!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By jwalser3

While I love his intro. I'd love to see him teleport into the fight and scream "Not this place again."

Also love the teaser for MM.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@csantilli27 said:

@delphic said:

this

Where was that stated?

When Ed Boon was asked if there was going to be any MK characters in Injustice he said no and "We want the DC characters and injustice to be able to stand out on its own merits, separate from our work with Mortal Kombat."

They also deliberately added a little counter called Kano Transformations in Mortal Kombat 2. I spent a weeks playing as Shang Tsung!!

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!

Loading Video...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, f*ck me. At least he looks fun to play (even if it's just a rehash of his MK9 moveset), unlike Batgirl.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By saoakden

Looks really cool.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Does anyone else feel like the Martian Manhunter tease at the end was added because they knew this would upset comic fans? It's almost like saying, "Yes, we know you don't want this character, but chill because you'll get one you've been annoying us about next, okay?"

You have to look at it from a marketing standpoint; they don't want people to come out of the gate hating the inclusion of Scorpion over much wanted DC characters - so they provide fans a cookie - a glimpse of the much wanted Martian. He more or less becomes a minor shield to help prevent feelings of alienation among-st their target audience and in all likelihood improve Scorpion's DLC chances of selling.

That's how I at-least take the completely random glimpse of Martian in this trailer.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Huge Injustice fan from the beginning. However....THIS SUCKED lol

What a waste of a spot, and you have the nerve to tease J'onn at the end of the video?!!

But so far bad choices, I am Lobo fan so I didn't mind it as much and he is fun to play, but I can see where you would want other characters before you get to him

And the very least round out the Teen Titans squad, and give me a Kid Flash skin or something.

But Lobo, Batgirl and Scorpion and not very solid choices my friends

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Does anyone else feel like the Martian Manhunter tease at the end was added because they knew this would upset comic fans? It's almost like saying, "Yes, we know you don't want this character, but chill because you'll get one you've been annoying us about next, okay?"

You have to look at it from a marketing standpoint; they don't want people to come out of the gate hating the inclusion of Scorpion over much wanted DC characters - so they provide fans a cookie - a glimpse of the much wanted Martian. He more or less becomes a minor shield to help prevent feelings of alienation among-st their target audience and in all likelihood improve Scorpion's DLC chances of selling.

That's how I at-least take the completely random glimpse of Martian in this trailer.

Truth be told many are handcuffed into supporting lack luster DLC characters because there is always that threat if they do not sell well that means there will not be anymore so its a catch 22.

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Makes me nostalgic for the OG Mortal Kombat game for Sega. Loved that game. Craziest thing I'd ever seen as a 12 yr. old.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn i wanted zod

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Bestostero

i ultimately decided to pass on this game because of the lackluster roster, dlc characters aren't helping either

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's also another unfortunate facet to DLC for a lot games (although you could say it's just as applicable to film, television or gaming in general). If fans that are hoping for something more later need what's being offered now to be successful. Which all translates into additional purchases / more revenue.

Nature of the beast right there.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Darn it, they made me like their casting decisions again...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

idk as a huge fan of scorpion I have to admit that was pretty awesome, Injustice hasn't disappointed me yet, and I really like the direction they went with Scorpion with Jim Lee's design

No Caption Provided

I was really surprised tho to see Scorpion instead of Zod. I'll probably not use Scorpion that much idk

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter how good or cool he is, he is NOT a damn DC character. This is infuriating. Just like putting Freddy Krueger in MK9. I'm tempted to boycott this crap.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Come on where's Red Hood!?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter how good or cool he is, he is NOT a damn DC character. This is infuriating. Just like putting Freddy Krueger in MK9. I'm tempted to boycott this crap.

MK made the game, it's kinda understandable

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill allow it since im in love with scorpion and mortal kombat -_- lol

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@lordrequiem said:

MK made the game, it's kinda understandable

I can kind of see both side on one hand Boon is extremely proud of MK and wants to show his love for his character. On the other netherrelm is pretty much saying all we do is MK and we will never ever let you forget it so here is Scorpion. The idea of a guest character was fun in say Soul Caliber 2 when each system got a different one but expecting people to pay for a guest character is pushing it now.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
    victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just go back to the days when there was no Internet. Nerd rage is the stupidest thing cause y'all always complaining bout shiz but will still go out & buy it. Shut the fudge up already.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

LMAO.

Sorry Jim Lee. Your Scorpion looks like crap.

This is so disapointing and a waste of space.

csantilli27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By csantilli27

@trebean said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@csantilli27 said:

@delphic said:

this

Where was that stated?

They also deliberately added a little counter called Kano Transformations in Mortal Kombat 2. I spent a weeks playing as Shang Tsung!!

There is currently a glitch in the IOS version where it lets you use one character 3 times and instead of the character's name being there it says superman prime. It could be there to just mess with people or there could be a superman prime skin coming

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big Mortal Kombat fan and I am not happy about this. The two franchises should be kept separate. Red Hood, Darkseid, Power Girl, Zatanna, and just about any other DC character belongs in this before any MK characters.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#80  Edited By frogjitsu

You guys fan rage is hilarious. How could you not know Scorpion was going to be in this game! I thought it was a given. I'm surprise it took this long to be revealed!

Power Girl being DLC is awesome though, even if she's just another Kryptonian. At least we get the BEST one!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogjitsu: Well as Ed Boon has been saying from the start that there is no way a MK character will ever be in the game and then Scorpion turns up you can see why pepole are pissed

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zantana, Animal Man, MMH, Darksied, AMAZO, Grodd, Captain Atom, Black Volt the list goes on. With so many people clamoring for all these other characters that they could be using why Scorpion? I mean I do love me some Mortal Kombat but I enjoy Injustice so much because it's DC. Also why is he the third DLC character if you really want to bring out Scorpion (and probably Sub-Zero at some point) save them for near the end.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Alak

MMH was the best part of the trailer.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I wish I could actually play this game, when the hell is the digital version released? This is the reason I can't get in to fighting games beacuse by the time it's out everybody online is all ready amazing at it
    2. It's funny that even everybody over at Giant Bomb are pissed at Scorpion being added

What do you mean? PSN has it for sale

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@jonny_anonymous said:
    1. I wish I could actually play this game, when the hell is the digital version released? This is the reason I can't get in to fighting games beacuse by the time it's out everybody online is all ready amazing at it
    2. It's funny that even everybody over at Giant Bomb are pissed at Scorpion being added

What do you mean? PSN has it for sale

I don't have a PS3

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meizzner said:

Why did I even buy this season pass...

For 4 new players :)

I think it's great that they had a DC artist design the MK guy. Makes it feel well-balanced.

Agreed, he actually looks like he belongs in Injustice

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Kiltro95

I think this is a pretty cool addition, and if what I hear is true there might be 2 seasons of DLC characters

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion is my favorite MK character but this idea was just stupid. It is Ed Boons favorite character and he's mentioned this a few times. The costume is okay looking too, except for those stupid ass swords. I don't like them one bit, nope.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, for one, like this. Of course not everyone's going to be pleased. Only a few characters can be added (at a time), and they're not likely to be most people's favorites. But if the DLC sales do well, it will probably mean more DLC in the future. Which means more characters.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GREGalicious

Scorpion!? No Black Canary, no Martian Manhunter, not Zatanna, no Booster Gold but Scorpion...LAME.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@csantilli27 said:

@delphic said:

this

Where was that stated?

There is currently a glitch in the IOS version where it lets you use one character 3 times and instead of the character's name being there it says superman prime. It could be there to just mess with people or there could be a superman prime skin coming

Yeah, the MK Team loved messing with people.

But still Freddy was said to be the most popular DLC mostly because of the novelty of being a guest character, and so was Kratos.

I'd doubt the outcry would be this large if it wasn't an MK character that was guesting.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordrequiem: my exact thoughts, been saying this.

It's stupid. Lets mix it up a little, firestorm, captain cold, shade, darkseid, martian manhunter, static shock, hell even aqualad from young justice. something different. Not the same repetitive abilities.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Vaeternus

Awesome, hes the posterboy for nrs so to not see this coming lol too bad. Rant time:I guess i'm just tired of hearing so much crying over first "death stroke, omg now scorpion, omg, omg too many batman guys omg"

It gets a tad old, think of the positives nrs and wb put out a solid game because dc has soo many good fighting games and comics that sell based off games these days right?This game also doesn't have lackluster roster, seriously? Batman, Am, ww, gl, flash, cyborg, mmh coming soon, iconic characters? What do some people want? lackluster my a$@ lol. I think some fans just live to complain...give it a rest already.

Johny anonymous, heres an idea...dont dl scorpion. ;-)

To quote mr.mackey mmkay....hehe. Pun intended ;) Its not creative redundant, its what wb and nrs sees as profit. They all do it despite the company.

One thing people seem to be forgetting aside from a marketing, profitting standpoint is a lot of mk fans happen to play injustice as well given how successful mk 9 was, so I can assure not everyone hates this move. Scorpion is not my favorite mk character but he is well known and will most likely be better and more enjoyable then lobo and batgirl honestly. I was disappointed with batgirl to be honest but i'm not going to go nuts over it. To be fair to wb and nrs, they did a great job with this game overall and already did a justice for the dc fanbase with the storyline, characters, numerous costumes from various eras of time.

Plus honestly I think it's really cool how nrs let dc's jim lee to redesign scorpion. Much like dc let nrs redesign dc characters. They work together well.

Honestly after the utter disappointment that was batgirl...i can already tell scorp will play better.

I personally think the mmh hint at the end was a teaser and message from boon saying "relax guys, mmh is coming" Hopefully the fans will settle down once mmh is available.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

...no

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we wait for Zod.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97  Edited By DjBest02

@jonny_anonymous said:

SO disappointed at Netherealm for doing this. It's like admitting that's they can't do anything unless it's Mortal Kombat, it's just creatively redundant.

There goes my dream of seeing Zatanna...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djbest02 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

SO disappointed at Netherealm for doing this. It's like admitting that's they can't do anything unless it's Mortal Kombat, it's just creatively redundant.

This.

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Michael_Moran

Kinda disappointed in the game...don't think it was as good as dc vs mortal kombat

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

what a waste of a character slot... Thanks for Being Lazy and delivering a character that frankly we are all a little bit tired of and who brings not even a speck of freshness to the game. I'd rather have had another damn batman related character added than this garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.