Follow

Scorpion

Character » Scorpion appears in 62 issues.

Once a member of the Shirai-Ryu clan of Ninjas, Hanzo Hasashi a.k.a. Scorpion for vengeance. was killed by the Elder Sub-Zero in battle while his whole family and clan were slaughtered by the menacing sorcerer: Quan Chi. Scorpion returned, but as a Ninja spectre out for vengeance.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Scorpion DLC Revealed

• 112 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Pros: Jim Lee redesign, Martian Manhunter tease at the end.

Cons: Picking Scorpion seems like such a waste when there's such a vast roster of DC characters to choose from and so many are in high demand. I say that as someone who loves Scorpion, too.

His power attack seemed a bit lack luster when weighed next to the jaw-dropping ones in the game, too. Honestly, I thought his victory scene was cooler. Oh well.

FierceYouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Nope. I'd spend way too much money on just about any other DCU character they could think to include, this is just disappointing.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

So much for that lie about there being no MK characters in upcoming DLC.

NixonV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really angers me. Before this game was created they said the roster would be diverse and yet we get nothing but batman characters, the games called gods among us not batman and pals. Now we lose another dlc spot to scorpion, who I'm sure wont be abused by the millions of spammers who already inhabit the servers. This just proves they don't listen to fans or read comics because if they did we'd get people like animal man or booster gold or someone other than a batman character but no now we are getting this red hood and subzero so thank you netherrelm

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@k4tzm4n said:

Cons: Picking Scorpion seems like such a waste when there's such a vast roster of DC characters to choose from and so many are in high demand. I say that as someone who loves Scorpion, too.

His power attack seemed a bit lack luster when weighed next to the jaw-dropping ones in the game, too. Honestly, I thought his victory scene was cooler. Oh well.

Agreed.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

Oh my sweet lawdy...

THAT WAS EPIC! I mean yeah, it's a waste of a character spot as we could've had another DC character tossed in but damn dude! He has a WICKED power set, far better than what was showcased in MK9. I can't say that I'm disappointed and a Black Lantern Superman suit? Colour me impressed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Does anyone else feel like the Martian Manhunter tease at the end was added because they knew this would upset comic fans? It's almost like saying, "Yes, we know you don't want this character, but chill because you'll get one you've been annoying us about next, okay?"

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think it's great that they had a DC artist design the MK guy. Makes it feel well-balanced.

Meizzner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Meizzner

Why did I even buy this season pass...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it looks cool but I royally suck at fighting games....I made it through the story mode and some of the Star Labs stuff and tried one match of multiplayer where I didn't get a single hit in and that's where I stopped playing....these types of games are no fun when you suck as much as I do at them

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blitzing Superman; Respect

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@k4tzm4n said:

Does anyone else feel like the Martian Manhunter tease at the end was added because they knew this would upset comic fans? It's almost like saying, "Yes, we know you don't want this character, but chill because you'll get one you've been annoying us about next, okay?"

i wouldn't be surprised if it's just a eff you. MMH fans have been very vocal about J'onn's exclusion and Ed loves trolling people. He's getting a little vengeance. When Zod is announced next, MMH fans will be pissed and Boon will be laughing his ass off, counting his money.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@avenging_x_bolt: I'm aware the leak has been accurate thus far and Boon messes around on Twitter, but if this is really just trolling it'll be a huge disappointment.

DarkWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: LOL!! Looks like we're in the same boat, bro. I've never been a fighting game guy, but this game was too pretty to pass up. Like you, I finished the story, I'm working STAR Labs now, and my online record is something like 7-9283 LOL!!! XD It's horrible, but I figure you only get better by beating the best. I'm pretty damn proud of those seven wins :D

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like everything about him, tho his Super Move could have been more eventful. I'm still really hoping Black Canary and Captain Cold will make it in

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Pity we cant just paint him green and pretend he's the Atomic Skull.

Meizzner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@or35ti: if the leaks are true the next five are Zod/MMH/Red Hood/Powergirl/Sub Zero

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I guess Zod, Sub-Zero, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl and Red Hood are also going to be in the game. I don't mind Scorpion and Sub-Zero in the game to be honest. \

Also anyone else think they are foreshadowing DC vs. MK 2?

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I hate that I cant shoose for my "season pass" which dlc I want to pass on, I dont want scorpion :/ or any mortal combat characters. Zod how is he going to be different from superman, the same can be said for power girl. Should have done someone like beast boy, swamp thing, zatana, constentien, and Doctor Fate.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@k4tzm4n said:

This is actually a very good summation of how I felt.

it looks cool but I royally suck at fighting games....I made it through the story mode and some of the Star Labs stuff and tried one match of multiplayer where I didn't get a single hit in and that's where I stopped playing....these types of games are no fun when you suck as much as I do at them

I agree. I am absolutely terrible. I couldn't even finish the tutorial without having to skip because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do some of the combos...I felt like I was hitting the buttons but it wasn't doing what it said those buttons did. I am a little shocked I was able to finish the campaign, honestly.

halovsmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am liking the Jim Lee redesign for him. I agree that the slot should be a DC Character, but I assumed this would happen the second I heard Netherrealm Studios was doing this game. I figured wither Scorpion or Raiden would be involved somewhere. I do want to play Scorpion. Its funny they pitted him against Black Lantern Superman since if Scorpion was in the DC Universe he would have gotten a Black Lantern Ring

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Damn, I was seriously hoping he'd do a fatality at the end. I can't wait to see Zod's gameplay.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@danhimself: for this reason i'm not even attempting to play the game.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

SO disappointed at Netherealm for doing this. It's like admitting that's they can't do anything unless it's Mortal Kombat, it's just creatively redundant.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself

@akbogert said:

@danhimself said:

I agree. I am absolutely terrible. I couldn't even finish the tutorial without having to skip because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do some of the combos...I felt like I was hitting the buttons but it wasn't doing what it said those buttons did. I am a little shocked I was able to finish the campaign, honestly.

same here lol! I skipped the tutorial and then it got so bad that I quit the Star Labs stuff...I really wanted to play the Green Arrow Star Labs missions but I just couldn't get far enough to unlock them

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By theTimeStreamer

I think it's great that they had a DC artist design the MK guy. Makes it feel well-balanced.

no it isnt. they're just covering their a$$es as much as possible for the backlash. ed boon cant go 1 minute without fanwanking to MK.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I'm wondering if it's something obvious that I'm doing wrong. I mean, pretty much any combo involving two directional buttons (especially left/right or right/left) I am just outright unable to do, which makes me think that my interpretation of those commands is off.

Because, yeah, it's a really sweet game and I do want to unlock/complete a few of the characters' mission sets, and I can't for the life of me figure out how (same thing happened with MvC3 for me though, so maybe it is just fighting games for me).

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

1. I wish I could actually play this game, when the hell is the digital version released? This is the reason I can't get in to fighting games beacuse by the time it's out everybody online is all ready amazing at it
    2. It's funny that even everybody over at Giant Bomb are pissed at Scorpion being added
    csantilli27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic said:

this

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: I wonder that to....I watch those videos and think it looks amazing but I know that I'll never be able to be that good....it's why I stick to platformers lol

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: I wonder that to....I watch those videos and think it looks amazing but I know that I'll never be able to be that good....it's why I stick to platformers lol

Heh. I just am so confused. I can handle Ninja Gaiden and Catherine no problem, but a simple three-move combo foils me? Really?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@delphic said:

this

Where was that stated?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SandMan_

I thought they were gonna release Zod, just in time for Man Of Steel.

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am liking the Jim Lee redesign for him. I agree that the slot should be a DC Character, but I assumed this would happen the second I heard Netherrealm Studios was doing this game.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@thetimestreamer said:

@ironangelx said:

no it isnt. they're just covering their a$$es as much as possible for the backlash. ed boon cant go 1 minute without fanwanking to MK.

Well that's your opinion. Honestly, this trailer has me excited because at the end with Martian Manhunter confirms Zod, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero. You may not be excited but I know I am.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Delphic
    @k4tzm4n said:

@csantilli27 said:

@delphic said:

this

Where was that stated?

It was on one of the first threads about upcoming Injustice DLC for this site. It was one of those "Injustice DLC Rumor" threads, and they had everything we've recieved thus far, including Batgirl, Lobo, and now Scorpion. Then right after that someone said something about how there was going to be no MK characters attached to the Injustice DLC, and a like was provided to the interview, or something like that.

tojphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Next character is going to be Zod, they where all leaked like 2 weeks ago.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

i wouldn't be surprised if it's just a eff you. MMH fans have been very vocal about J'onn's exclusion and Ed loves trolling people. He's getting a little vengeance. When Zod is announced next, MMH fans will be pissed and Boon will be laughing his ass off, counting his money.

These are both valid points!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By SoA

a red lantern(atrocitus, rankorr, bleez, or skallox), midnighter and/or apollo, plastic man mirror master/captain cold;black manta, gorilla grodd, and etrigan . its a fun game but i will not get my own copy if i do not see any of these guys in there for future dlc . heck even a "mix-bag " character could be thrown in there (AMAZO) . maybe jsa costumes...?

DCVibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DCVibe

Pass...

Sorry if I wanted Scorpion going against DC Characters I would have played DC vs. MK.

This slot and possibly Sub-Zero slot could have been given to Captain Atom or Black Lightning or Zatanna or Vixen or... I think the point has been made.

I'll wait for the next character but wonder if there will be new skins.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mooty_Pass

WOW that was cool

DarkWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

I thought they were gonna release Zod, just in time for Man Of Steel.

Me too; would've made sense. As for the actual announcement, I love Scorpion, but he just doesn't belong here... fresh moves or no fresh moves. Just as many others have said, with ALL of the characters they have to choose from, we waste a roster spot on an MK guy. Smh...

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they expect me to pay for a recycled character with what looks like an identical move set just a new special and new design by Jim Lee? If I did not regretfully buy the season pass I would not of even watched the video.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44  Edited By leokearon

What's the point of having Scorpion if he doesn't go Toastie on someone?

fragmentmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: You have to practice, practice, practice! Fighting games take a lot of effort and can be no fun if you don't practice; that's why there's a PRACTICE option :-). Hope I helped.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was a little dissapointed with the super move, but i liked the outro.

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm upset about Scorpion, but I bought the season pass so I'll live with it.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RoTheKid

*Sigh* I was hoping that all of the rumored MK characters surrounding this game weren't true. It would have been great to have a diversity of DC characters in this game instead of the multitude of Batman characters in there. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I felt that Green Lantern's game play wasn't that great. Seems like no one can get Green Lantern right in a game. The Power Ring is supposed to be the most powerful weapon in the DC Universe, yet, whenever I play as Hal, I feel weak. Admittedly, much of my hype for this game has been deflated because of poor character choices among other things. :-/

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Ha, Boon loves trolling people, remember the Kano Transformations? and Ermac ? and Rain? and Scarlet? and Supergirl vs Wonder Woman? and Aquaman teaser?

But still pros to Boon he always add in those characters in later games (Unlike a certain company out there)

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Nice

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.