Follow

Schism

Story arc »

An X-Men event that will tear divisions down the mutant nation of Utopia. What mystery threatens the X-Men? Who are the new Hellfire Club? Will the young mutants survive the clash between Cyclops and Wolverine?

Potential False Spoilers for X-Men's Future

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

Hi there, anyone read this yet? Oh, am I allowed to link to another website? Anyone the link includes some potential hints and details of what will happen in X-Men Distant future and its something that a few of us, have talked about and considered. Since its so far away though, I mean things might change. Remember Reckoning War? lol Sounds legit though, for a number of reasons. Okay last time warning though, might be spoilers?  So you know, if you ere on the side of caution with plot details months/years from now? (but they are more like rough outlines, likely to change so, I dunno, stop pressuring me!)

Link to article 

Oh and sorry if there is a thread already. >.>

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

I am semi excited by this potentially false idea, rumor, what have you, but at the same time, I mean, these two characters some more? I'd prefer two different characters. Marc Silvestri though? My anticipation returns, potentially liking Cyclops again as a character? Anticipation revved up? Wolverine basically running with Children's Crusade attitude 24/7? Meh... anticipation down faster than Storm in her fight with Rulk. Speaking of Storm, her, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Emma, all characters I would like play a leader or co-leader. There is the amount of discussion with the characters around a certain X-Team, that rhymes with Tansunny Smex Horse though that I am interested in though.  

Force and necessity, safety and need, differences between the good and the bad and the dead etc, I want X-Characters to discuss this and maybe they might? Extra bonus points if colors are used as well for team designations lol

Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Jubilantlad
    @SC: So two X-teams eh. Wonder where the X-Kid'll be placed on.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Jubilantlad said:

" @SC: So two X-teams eh. Wonder where the X-Kid'll be placed on. "

X-23 will on Wolverines side naturally, so, in direct response, Surge will be on Cyclops side. Cuckoos and Pixie will be on Cyclops side, after he whispers in their ears to them too, when he tucks them in at night for their nap. Rockslide and Anole, the X-Dudes will be on Wolverines side, so Cyclops team better get ready to be ROCKED! Hellion will be on Wolverines side, in part to Laura's presence there, and because he still doesn't think Cyclops has any balls. Ironically Hellion will lose his low body half in the final battle. Karma will also lose an arm. Armo will be on Wolverines side, Dust on Cyclops, but she will try and be neutral. For Laura's sake. Greymalkin Wolverine, Ink will die.  

Cipher will be there too, but no one will notice, just like in Second Coming when she was the only one to run and try and remove Bastions arm from Nightcrawler. 
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jubilantlad
    @SC:  That leaves like Loa, Trance, Bling, Indra, Match and afew others lol.
    Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6  Edited By spider-man 2996

Sounds cool
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Edgeworth_11

What about the senior members? I wonder about this... sounds intesting I just hope no one dies and that they eventually become a big happy family again.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

I’m told the members of the X-Men are planned  split into two very distinct teams and books, each with a different moral outlook, aligning along the traditional Xavier/Magneto divide. Scott Summers, Cyclops, will lead the Xavier-minded team, while the Magneto-motivated will be led by… Wolverine!  

To me this doesn't make sense.  Cyclops has spent years distancing himself from Xavier's path.  I anything, Wolverine should be the one to follow Xavier's way while Cyclops takes up Maneto's example.  After all, he's spent time creating Genosha Mark II (or is that Asteroid M Mark III?)
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By doddy

Scott has drifted away from professor's philosophy having been forced by circumstances to take them down, so I don’t think he will lead the xavier-minded team…  

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @xerox-kitty: Yeah I was thinking the same thing
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @doddy: @buttersdaman000: Maybe the rumours of a split are true, but some of the facts have been mixed up.   

Personally I would like this split.  It seems to be what the titles are all headed towards.  Like the good old days of that Gold & Blue teams but with even more of a clear distinction.  But I really hope that they've got the details about Cyclops following Xavier's path/ Wolverine following Magneto's way the wrong way around.  That would just ruin an otherwise good premise.
    taqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By taqs

I think the split would be cool to see but with someone like Storm leading the Xavier minded team while Scot goes off along lines similar to Magneto. 

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar

I'd much prefer Cyclops to be neutral and the whole Xavier/Magneto hissyfit to go to others. I don't know about you but I think Cyclops has matured beyond that.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @TheCrowbar: 
    No.....its more like he's matured into it.

@xerox-kitty:
    @taqs:
    I can see Cyclops being the 'Magneto' with Emma as his right hand and Storm or maybe somebody else being the 'Xavier'. Only this time around the line between who's right and who's wrong is a lot more blurred, because personally im gonna be on Cykes side.
    I see Wolverine as a much more neutral player.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Gambit1024

So... It's Mutant Civil War?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @buttersdaman000 said:
    " @TheCrowbar: 
    No.....its more like he's matured into it.

@xerox-kitty:
    @taqs: I can see Cyclops being the 'Magneto' with Emma as his right hand and Storm or maybe somebody else being the 'Xavier'. Only this time around the line between who's right and who's wrong is a lot more blurred, because personally im gonna be on Cykes side. I see Wolverine as a much more neutral player. "
    The considerable difference between Cyclops and Magneto is that Cyclops is all about mutant survival, while Magneto is about Mutant domination. Cyclops pulled away from his more aggressive tactics(the magneto like ones), like the disbanding of X-force, Magneto never let go of a new form of power voluntarily.
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @TheCrowbar: 
    Correct me if im wrong but Cyclops has a secret covert X-force designed to 'deal' with threats to the mutant race. He may not be as radical as Magneto but he certainly is Xaviers man anymore
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @buttersdaman000 said:

" @TheCrowbar:  Correct me if im wrong but Cyclops has a secret covert X-force designed to 'deal' with threats to the mutant race. He may not be as radical as Magneto but he certainly is Xaviers man anymore "

He shut them down at the end of...I think it was Utopia? When Hope returns and Norman goes down. 

It would be like Magneto disbanding the Brotherhood after a Mutant Bill of Rights, he'd never do it.
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @TheCrowbar: 
    No, he has another covert team set up, Uncanny X-Force.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @buttersdaman000 said:
    " @TheCrowbar:  No, he has another covert team set up, Uncanny X-Force. "
    That's not his, they're doing that behind his back.
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @TheCrowbar: 
    He didnt set them up? Are you sure?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @buttersdaman000 said:
    " @TheCrowbar:  No, he has another covert team set up, Uncanny X-Force. "
    Cyclops shut down X-Force at the end of Second Coming.  He isn't aware of Uncanny X-Force.
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @TheCrowbar: 
    ok, nvm, youre right
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheCrowbar

Yeah, what I love about Cyclops, is that he pulled away from the edge. He got damn near close to it, but I hope we're seeing Cyclops really return to his stalwart good guy role.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty:  I get this feeling that X-Editors are no longer really going with an organic approach to with storylines anymore, or at least an attempt to show a natural progression, it really just seems like they set up a situation for the characters and then pull the characters into places like puppets, and the effect is, those of us who pay a bit more attention than the casual fan, we see the strings. 
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheCrowbar

I think the fact that Wolverine is willing to continue X-force while the situation for mutants has changed really speaks to how he's more similar to Magneto than Xavier. Cyclop's back was in a corner, it was extinction or be brutal, and he came back from it the second there was hope(no pun intended). 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator

Thats true, especially how Wolverine acts in Children's Crusade. Still, he hates Magneto, and usually concedes his head isn't screwed on tight enough to take such a proactive role. Its why he has declined leadership in the past and been willing to stab Ray Ray for trying to kill Selene, but been willing to stab other people, just so he could stab Wanda.  

Cyclops also suffered from incompetent writing ever since he took a more aggressive role as well. He wasn't written smart and now he comes off across a hypocrite IMO. (well not him, the character, his handling) 

Still, I am actually looking forward to this. 

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Interesting. Now that the survival of the species is secure (at least somewhat) and the X-Men focused on proving their heroism to the world, I can see Cyclop's leading the mutants on a mission of peaceful co-existence with humanity. So I wonder if this means Wolverine will lead former members of the Acolytes? I can't think of any of the mutants on Utopia that follows Magneto's old philosophy of mutant dominance. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.