Fear Itself, MMXI and Juggernaut

Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless I am mistake, I would assume that the images that have been released from Fear Itself of this guy

Are Juggernaut, aka Cain Marko.
Has anyone else noticed that in the teasers for MMXI, we see Colossus holding a very familiar helmet.

Uncanny X-Men #540

Can it be that Colossus takes on the Juggernaut mantle after Fear Itself? I could believe that Peter would do anything to save Kitty and if that meant being the avatar for Cyttorak, I think he would do it. Is it possible that Cain dies or losses his cyttorak powers when Fear Itself is over?

Could these events be less connected and less thought out than I am giving them credit for, or is this part of the master plans to change everything we know about these characters and to forever keep Peter and Kitty apart? 

MMXI seems to want to change a lot of what the X-men have been, this could be a huge shift for all characters involved.

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Good prediction. We'll see, I guess. 

#2 Posted by Mutant God (3055 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its going to be a showdown between Kurrth (Juggernaut) and Colossus
#3 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God: Given the claw marks, I would assume that wolverine might be fighting him with the Avengers and then Colossus does something
#4 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he's had it with everone acting so timid and calm about Kitty's condition and Colossus is gonna take it into his own hands!! Just a thought!!....
#5 Posted by sithfrog (909 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they are trying to make a not so clever pun about Colossus being "unstoppable" in his quest to help Kitty? 

But picking up the mantle of Cyttorak's avatar after Fear Itself seems much more logical.
#6 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
His head and helmet is way too small O_O 
#7 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to get this.

#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyttorak has been angry at Cain before and reduced his power for not being his avatar of force. I think taking up the hammer is gonna be the last straw for Cain and he's gonna lose the powers of the Juggernaut.

#9 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

Cyttorak has been angry at Cain before and reduced his power for not being his avatar of force. I think taking up the hammer is gonna be the last straw for Cain and he's gonna lose the powers of the Juggernaut.

This. Everyone else just go with this, its the most logical answer (Shockwave would say).
#10 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

that's one of the weirdest things I've seen in comics in awhile, and I've seen lizard Storm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.