Follow

Schism

Story arc »

An X-Men event that will tear divisions down the mutant nation of Utopia. What mystery threatens the X-Men? Who are the new Hellfire Club? Will the young mutants survive the clash between Cyclops and Wolverine?

Are you ready for the Schism?

• 64 results
    Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@aussiebushwacker said:

"so no one thinks quinton q will show up from grant morrison's run. "

I would have thought of Quentin but since this arc is about the fight for leadership, I am ruling him out. Now if this arc was about the fight over the pheonix force then I would have to agree with you. 

Like the guy after you I am going with Cassandra Nova, the Sentinels pretty much says it all. How? I have no idea. I was never that much of a fan of Cassandra. Her Origin was ridiculous, the idea of her being about to destroy to genosha was ridiculous,   

I am skipping this and just will wait to till someone here gives the spolier for me. Cykes vs Wolvie for leadership is not doing it for me and it doesn't make sense why Wolvie give a crap now all of a sudden to step up a be a leader for the mutant race. . If it was Cyckes vs.......I don't know Storm then maybe i would be interested. 

is it me or has the rooster of the X-men really favor females. I'm looking at the poster submitted baddog and there are way more females than males. It's like 3 females for every guy.  

I think I might do a blog about that.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By papad1992

Possible candidates for the villain are: 

Quire 
    Nova 
    Xorn 

am I forgetting anyone!?!?
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By jrock85
    @xerox-kitty: 
    You speak for me.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By pixelized
    @zombietag said:
    " i dont really like that art and im kind of sick of x-men events.... it seems like theres another one every month or so and they feel really similar  BUT jarson aaron is writing. and i love jason aaron. so i might check it out. "
    There's so many with so little impact on X-Life that you have to ask, "what's the point?"
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By zombietag
    @pixelized said:
    " @zombietag said:
    " i dont really like that art and im kind of sick of x-men events.... it seems like theres another one every month or so and they feel really similar  BUT jarson aaron is writing. and i love jason aaron. so i might check it out. "
    There's so many with so little impact on X-Life that you have to ask, "what's the point?" "
    its so true. Xevents were cool when they firsted started doing a good job making them, like Xcutioners song and stuff. but with so many all the time, they really lose their impact. plus its hard to read any xmen without feeling like you have to buy 4 books a month to keep up. 

but again, im not going to hate on anything before it comes out. maybe this one will be really good. jason aaron doesnt really put out bad books.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By jrock85
    @pixelized: 
    The point is that the editorial staff are starting to realize just how many disgruntled X-Men fans are out there, so they're scrambling to try to generate more interest within the X-titles. The fundamental problem is that instead of abandoning the failed concepts which have left so many of us disenchanted, (Cyclops is king and everything revolves around him and a few other characters) they persist with them. And now it seems that the "earth-shattering" event of the year will be Wolverine telling Cyclops "no". Wow, very intriguing. Give me a break!

Based on what I've read over the past few days, things aren't going to get better any time soon. They've promised that Iceman will have a very prominent role in late 2011, which basically means he'll probably be promoted from the wallpaper cast to one of Cyclops personal sycophants. lol
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jubilantlad

So is it actually like the X-Men splitting up into two teams?

This would be interesting, if Marvel didn't have a "special event" every month now.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#58  Edited By time1

Not a bad plot 4 a story, bad picture, which probley means bad artists

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lokheit
    @papad1992 said:
    " Possible candidates for the villain are:  Quire Nova Xorn  am I forgetting anyone!?!? "
    John Sublime! I think he is my fav. villian from Morrison's run.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#60  Edited By papad1992

@Lokheit:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Sublime

So...:

Quire

Nova

Xorn

Sublime

Wonder who it's gonna be!?!?

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lokheit

Well I haven't read the later issues because in Spain there is a great delay of many months, but I've read that Sublime or his legacy was involved on the quarantine plot. Maybe they connecto from there or something. Nova was involved with sentinels but she isn't tied to sentinels, and Quiere last time was defeated by no-girl on nation-x mini, I think he isn't stronger enough on his actual state. Xorn is a possibility, I would love someone to finally clarify what happened with him, I think that Morrison's idea for him was to be the real magneto but Marvel decided to change that so Magneto wasn't decapitated and he could pick his insane daughter after dissasemble.

Avatar image for massagingmytemples
    Massagingmytemples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it me or do all these "Civil War" arcs seem to center more around the relationships of the characters than in the conflict of the story?  I'm all for character development, and we've definitely have had a lot of that over the years, but when does the "big bad" get a little more interesting and less convenient. 

Has anyone seen that South Park episode where the kids start a professional wrestling show but it ends up just being "Jerry Springer-like theater."  That's the course I feel a lot of popular culture in comics, t.v., and film usually takes.

Or as any of you who were fans of Buffy or Angel will remember, the late episodes treated each weeks villain as secondary to the soap opera drama between the characters, and that got real tiresome.

I still wonder what Professor X is up to, when the generic plot lines with Cyclops/Wolverine will end, and when Jubilee will get her bloody powers back.  Otherwise, yes, the writers are just rehashing our favorite mutants into the back issues of mediocrity.

massagingmytemples

Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Kain

Lol at people saying Cyclops is likely to die. He's too important and liked to kill off, not to mention there is absolutely no reason for it.

The most you'll probably end up getting out of this event is two separate X-men teams. I also doubt it's going to be as clear cut as Wolverine Vs Cyclops for leadership. They have a disagreement on their direction but I doubt he's going to aim to be the new leader. He'll probably fight to depose Cyclops and that's it.

I'm interested in what sides people take. Most of the telepaths have a thing for Cyke so you can safely assume they'll all be with him. Wolverine will probably get the primary physical guys like Colossus and Warpath, etc.

People also need to stop whining about going back to the mansion. That is the absolute last thing they should do. It would be better if they went back to the greymalkin institute in san fran if they ever leave utopia. Better than going back to square one all over again. People really need to start accepting change instead of wanting things to go back to "dem good ol' days"

Oh and Cyclops>>>>>>>>>>>>>95% of all the X-men. Just for the sad little haters out there :-)

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lokheit
    @Kain:  I'm included on the group who think Scotty is going to die and I'm not a hater, he is my favourite character along with Nightcrawler. But last time they did a civil war scenario, a very important character who really didn't need to die, was killed (ok, later reconnected in the CA reborn series), and the last time there was an important discussion, before they could solve that, one of the 2 involved was killed (Kurt Wagner). That's why I think that Cyclops will end up sacrificing himself during the event for the sake of mutankind.

Anyway, I really don't get this arc, really, wolverine should be the last one to confront Cyke about morals and decission making when he is keeping x-force even after the war time passsed. If they end up giving a lame reason for this schism when there wasn't one after Second Coming and the reveal of what Scott and Logan did, I know people will rage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.