Anyone else hate these Hellfire kids as much as I do?

#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

And I don't mean hate as in 'they're the bad guys, I hate them'. I hate the characters themselves, they are ridiculous, seriously the worst part of Schism is a bunch of pre-teen rich kid super-geniuses.

#2 Posted by DATNIGGA (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest i find them stupid... i also find that fact that they managed to defeat magneto , emma frost , colosis and namor extremely stupid

#3 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole thing was a let down. 

#4 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I only liked it when it was just one kid because it would be very much like the omen's damian but they over did it by having a whole group and they are just irritating and the fact they took out some of the biggest heavy hitters is a stretch even for comics 

#5 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX: I agree, one kid is kinda scary, the team is just bad.
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate them too. And I rarely use the word hate for these kind of things. It was just absurd that a group of children put down Emma, Bobby, Magneto, and Colossus as easily as they did. That's up there with Rulk lifting Mjolnir. 

#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (16896 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. A bunch of evil kids can't defeat X-Men heavy hitters in five minutes. That's the worst part of Schism.

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys guys...has anyone tried grounding them?

Anyway, yes they're the worst part of schism, and that's not saying much.

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

I hat 3/4 of them the first one he was alright

#10 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: They did kill all there parents first...

Social services anyone?

#11 Posted by Meowshi (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the idea is so silly, that it actually works. I like them. A lot actually.

It sort of played into Logan's point about having kids fighting, killing, and dying for all of mutantkind. Here we see what kids who have really lost their innocence look like.

#12 Posted by Kairan1979 (16896 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope Fantomex finds them and treats them with the same kindness that he showed to Apocalypse Jr.

#13 Posted by zzax (50 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that characters with as much experience and training as the X-men could be defeated by these children is just lazy writing on Aaron's part. He has proven in this series that he does not respect the X-men's experience or legacy much. Rather than creating a foe who is smart or powerful enough to pose a threat, he simply makes the X-men seem amateurish.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.