would wanda have gotten away with the decimation in DC

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

In marvel she killed alot of people and ruined quite a few lives with the decimation and the marvel heros did nothing about it no one even suggested locking her or quicksilver up or anything after this event my question is would the DC heros have the same response as the marvel heros who as usual seem to only care about the mutants who are either on the team or currently trying to kill them

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147056 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't she disappear after M-Day? Even if they wanted to punish her, no one knows where she is right now.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: what about pietro he was partially responcible
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147056 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  He said that a Skrull committed his crimes. Not sure though.
#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: is that just gonna be a running excuse now for characters going bad then back to good 
#6 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

But it's the best excuse ever!
"Spidey, you made a deal with the devil?! SATAN himself! You! A role model for children?!"
"Wasn't me, man. It was that skrull impersonator!!"

Anyway, from the few DC "magical" stories I've read, namely "Day of Vengeance" and "The Trials of Shazam!", I kinda imagine the DC heroes would have been able to track down and "capture" Wanda... Maybe even cancel/stop her from erasing mutants!

#7 Posted by 614azrael (10306 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the page she lost her powers an memories shes living another life as another person if she remembers one day(an she dam well beter cuz i miss her) then ther wil b hell 2 pay but if u have no recollection then wht is ther to drive home about?
#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" In marvel she killed alot of people and ruined quite a few lives with the decimation and the marvel heros did nothing about it no one even suggested locking her or quicksilver up or anything after this event my question is would the DC heros have the same response as the marvel heros who as usual seem to only care about the mutants who are either on the team or currently trying to kill them "
Absolutely not. Because the heroes of DC are for the vast majority, real actual heroes. Not uncaring douchebags, plot induced idiots or anything that allows most of the crap that makes up Marvel to happen.
#9 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah people like Zatanna and Dr.Fate would never let Wanda Get away with what she did. Even Bruce though he would say thank you for experiencing his parents alive.

#10 Posted by babywix (90 posts) - - Show Bio

As 614azrael said, she doesn't remember anything. She currently resides in a village near Wundagore Mountain, and she thinks that she's lived in the village her whole life.

#11 Posted by 614azrael (10306 posts) - - Show Bio
@babywix: thats why i think she got a way with it 
@Crom-Cruach: this seems rash, ppl hold there afinities to series so i wont touch on that mater, but ur simply saying no. She dosent remember she is at the moment another person. She dosent relate to anything that can hapen an is powerless(i could be mistaken on powerless she is however clearly not useing them) can u literly say u would punish her for nothing she is now conected to? Where not dwelling in split psych but pure disconection. @Eyz: She dosent erase mutants she warps things droping the count an placeing Magneto as ruler, thinking she would be helping the conflict.  
Out of curiosity can 1 xplain also how one would stop the event so flat out as some here have said?
#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio
@614azrael said:
"
@Crom-Cruach: this seems rash, ppl hold there afinities to series so i wont touch on that mater, but ur simply saying no. She dosent remember she is at the moment another person. She dosent relate to anything that can hapen an is powerless(i could be mistaken on powerless she is however clearly not useing them) can u literly say u would punish her for nothing she is now conected to? Where not dwelling in split psych but pure disconection.? "
It doesn't matter if she doesn't remember at the moment, she was aware of what she was doing when she did it.  That's beside the point I was making however. My point is characters in DC act differently then in Marvel. And in turn that is why Decimation would never have happened. Because they would not have stood by and let a whole population be wiped out by a mad lady.

All of the heroes would have acted to stop her the minute they had been aware she went crazy. And since many heroes do have the power to stop it, they would have.
#13 Posted by 614azrael (10306 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: A valid point it could of been avoided. 
My opinion still stands that it would be unjust to do anything to her now.
#14 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Either The Spectre or The Phantom Stranger would have been made aware of her future intentions..and magical characters like Zatanna or the Enchantress (the DC one) would have been able to revert the world back the same way as her...and then a group like the Shazams, The Shadowpact or the 7 Soldiers of ..something.. (don't remember their name) would have been able to trap/capture her and made her defensless... (like Etrigan, trapped in stone in the oblivion bar)

Anyway, that's my own opinion :P

Nuff said~

#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" In marvel she killed alot of people and ruined quite a few lives with the decimation and the marvel heros did nothing about it no one even suggested locking her or quicksilver up or anything after this event my question is would the DC heros have the same response as the marvel heros who as usual seem to only care about the mutants who are either on the team or currently trying to kill them "
Absolutely not. Because the heroes of DC are for the vast majority, real actual heroes. Not uncaring douchebags, plot induced idiots or anything that allows most of the crap that makes up Marvel to happen. "
Sniff, that was so beautiful and completely accurate. 
#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Sniff, that was so beautiful and completely accurate.  "
"It is the responsibility of intellectuals to tell the truth and expose lies" -Noam Chomsky.
#17 Posted by 614azrael (10306 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
@Crom-Cruach:
A good quote. i still feel that comic preferances aside its unjsut to inprison Wanda now. Do u truely feel it xceptable to contain someone powerless an non threatinig bcuz the past life was dark? The Scarlet Witch at the moment dosent xsistant to have her locked up now would be equivalent to locking me up for a crime my ancestors did
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13701 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @joshmightbe said:
Absolutely not. Because the heroes of DC are for the vast majority, real actual heroes. Not uncaring douchebags, plot induced idiots or anything that allows most of the crap that makes up Marvel to happen. "
Sniff, that was so beautiful and completely accurate.  "

@Crom-Cruach said:
" @joshmightbe said:

No it really isnt accurate 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.