What is your opinion on Scarlet Witch at the moment?

#1 Edited by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

She did destroy almost all the mutants on Earth, but she's trying to make up for her past mistakes. Now that Wiccan and Speed are back into her life, I don't think she would go psycho again. A lot of what pushed her over the edge during the HoM is because she lost her sons. She seems to have gained the control of the lifeforce and used it to defeat phoenix threats 3 times. The people she killed have been resurrected. Hawkeye and Vision have forgiven him for killing them, Antman is brought back to life, even Jack of Hearts is alive again. There were some deaths resulted indirectly from her actions, but if Magneto is redeemable for all the horrible things he did, why shouldn't his daughter be as well? Some people even sympathize with Dr. Doom. I feel like when female characters make a mistake, fans tend to find it harder to forgive them than the male counterpart. I get annoyed when DC characters as well as fans giving Wonder Woman crap for killing. I really feel like people should give Scarlet Witch a chance to redeem herself. Part of AvX seems to be Scarlet Witch's road to redemption. If it wasn't for her, the Avengers would have been gone several times already. Namor would have destroyed Wakanda and everyone in it. Plus, she was pretty awesome in recent issue: "Don't you know who I am" "Don't you know what I can do". She proclaimed these as she took down Magik. That was a crowning moment for her. I love the new arrogant Wanda.

#2 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

judging by what she's gonna be wearing when this latest god awful event is over she's obviously crazier than ever lol, But honestly i'm just glad she's back.

#3 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's good to have her around again. It's fun to see the others nervous around her.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers need her, but I'm more curious about what happens when this is over. How will mutants handle working with her, and will she have to anwser for her crimes?

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate her. She is a good woman who was in a bad place. But now she's better and doing her best to make up for past mistakes.

#6 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Confused...............why are her powers rivaling the Phoenix force? Does this have to do with her being destined to have kids who could rival eternity?

I feel that since she's weakened, which means she's good. Welcome back Ms. Scarlet

#7 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

The Avengers need her, but I'm more curious about what happens when this is over. How will mutants handle working with her, and will she have to anwser for her crimes?

She will be working with the Avengers, and they don't have a lot of mutants on their teams. Most of their members become superheroes because of some kinds of chemical or radiation. I don't think they mind much since it doesn't affect them as much as the X-men. In general though, I would expect ex-mutants to be mad at her and even want to kill her. The Avengers have already forgiven her during The Children's Crusade. I don't know how her presence would affect the relationship between X-men and Avengers though. I hope the tension doesn't just disappear. Even though Wanda wasn't in her right mind at the time, she should still be held responsible for what happened. I hope they explore that more in the new Avengers book. She needs to meet with the ex-mutants and their relatives to see the damages she caused to them. I still hope that people would eventually forgive her for what happened. If they can find it in their heart to forgive Magneto who wants to destroy humankind in favor of mutants then they should be able to forgive Wanda. In the first place, it was Quicksilver who pushed Wanda into recreating the universe and led to the death of many mutants with his crystals. He was able to redeem himself, so Wanda should be, too.

#8 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Confused...............why are her powers rivaling the Phoenix force? Does this have to do with her being destined to have kids who could rival eternity?

I feel that since she's weakened, which means she's good. Welcome back Ms. Scarlet

Her two kids, Wiccan and Speed, don't seem to be that powerful. Wanda is as powerful as she is because of the chaos magic, as well as the life force. I'm thinking that the power of the life force is connected to phoenix which allowed her to defeat 2 phoenixes with ease. At the moment, I don't think she's weakened yet. If her connection with the life force is the reason why she could hurt phoenix then it would mean that she could still have the power she did during HoM. I do hope they don't weaken her at the end of the series. It's fun to have a female version of Thor (Superpowerful team member) on the team.

#9 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry: MY opinion of the Scarlet Witch is that she may be a bit overpowered, it could be a lot WORSE! At least she's not some unkillable monster like so many writers want the Hulk to be. She needs to CONCENTRATE before she can be a goddess-like being.

#10 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

*some spoilers*

@Redberry: But didn't Wanda lose her Life Force powers during CC? I mean, that was the whole reason she couldn't undo the damage she did with the mutants, right? Though i think you're on to something about her Chaos Magic.

Also, Wiccan has shown to be rather powerful as he's able to disarm a nuclear bomb, put 10 guys into comas, and knock his team, the avengers,and most of the area flat on their back with a single thought. And that's just because his boyfriend was threatened. Not to mention Doctor Strange considered him a candidate for the Sorcerer Supreme title. Given the right motives, I'm sure he could become something big. Speed, with his reincarnation, probably not so much. But in HoM it seemed both children had reality altering abilities.

*end of spoilers*

But I'm glad Wanda's back and some of the Avengers are willing to give her a chance to make things right. I just wished we could see more family interaction with her. Its kinda sad that she's back only for a little while and she's already facing off with her father and half sister with only her brother at her side and her kids nowhere to be seen.

#11 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

It is good to have her around again and i look forward to hear about her in uncanny avengers.

#12 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Why do i see "she's making up for her past mistakes" "she's doing good things" around here ? The woman has doesn't JACK since The Children's Crusade other than stick her nose where it's not concerned.

#13 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her.

#14 Posted by HexThis (894 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

judging by what she's gonna be wearing when this latest god awful event is over she's obviously crazier than ever lol, But honestly i'm just glad she's back.

I think it'll be a good change. There's one cover that looks iffy but John Cassady has her in like a red Emma Peel getup which I prefer. I want her to have a bit more mobility anyways and preferably not a mess of curls up top. And anything but that damn Force Works costume! I'm excited to see how she interacts with Rogue too and I hope & pray Cap falls for her again- those two are dynamite together.

#15 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never liked her

#16 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wanda I always have even when she was crazy. She seems so tragic and broken she needs a break. I don't like how her powers lack definition.

#17 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her quite a bit.

#18 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: @x_29: @Imagine_Man15: @HexThis: @Blood1991: @Madame_Mist:

the only way for her to pay for her crimes is to burn her at the stake........

#19 Posted by HexThis (894 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

Well she just saved the world and restored mutants so.........

#20 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

her costume makes me happy. the new marvelnow not so much.

#21 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6607 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't bother me.

#22 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Lower than low

#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs to be in jail.

#24 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

How about you instead?

#25 Posted by CJStriker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a VERY High Option of Scarlet Witch Right now. After all she has been threw, she still works to Save the world and correct the problems of the world by helping Hope destroy the Phoenix and Create More Mutants.

Oh and for the HoM story she was Possessed by the Life Force explained in Children's Crusade and it was the Entity that used her like a Puppet. It was like getting 100% of the Phoenix force all at once!

#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Suffer not the witch.

#27 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: all im saying is if scott goes to jail shouldnt the scarlet witch pay for her crimes or should she get off scot free because shes an avenger and captain america doesnt want any avengers to look bad

@BlackArmor: @AgeofHurricane:

#28 Posted by CJStriker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: all im saying is if scott goes to jail shouldnt the scarlet witch pay for her crimes or should she get off scot free because shes an avenger and captain america doesnt want any avengers to look bad

@BlackArmor: @AgeofHurricane:

Hello, Glad to Talk to you Again HopeSummers. =)

Really in the Context of Everything, Scarlet Witch has already Payed Heavily for what happen, if she ever needed to pay at all.

First off, just by Real Life time frame, Wanda has had one of the longest "Hero Went Bad but not much Context Given" Time periods, or aka EXILE from the Marvel U. than any other hero know, or a Hero of this Importance (Wanda has been in Exile for Almost a DECADE!). She has also in the Comic book World Sense been in Exile as well too, not being in ANY major Marvel Events or Stories, and be banded from places she may call home (AvX #0, when Vision Banned Wanda from coming to the Mansion when Ms. Marvel & Spider-Women want to bring her back).

Also, the Idea of Jail or a Trail on the Standards of our or the World's Laws would be pretty hard to do. Most of the people that where Killed during HoM are alive, the Mutants are back and the power that lead to all of this is GONE (will explain that Shortly). So, in the courts or Groups who Might then deal with kind of stuff, in Children's Crusade by the end of it Cyclops who could and wanted to put Wanda on a Utopia Trial (Would of been more like a Kangaroo Court!) at the end decide to let Wanda Go since she was not a threat anymore, there by ending any Mutant Justice Trial since Summers was the leader of Most Mutants at that time.

As for the Avengers, it also would be hard to judge by human law as well, since most of all of HoM happen on a Magical Plain Level and now has been fixed.

But the Ultimate Reason why she would might be mostly if not all innocent of the Events is this:

What REALLY Happended to Wanda, and the Avengers Now KNOW this is that Wanda got Fully, 100% Possessed by an Entity called "The Life Force" that made her do all those bad things, that was explained if you read Children's Crusade. This is the exact same kind of story as Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix), Charles X. (Shadow King, Onslaught), Hal Jordan (Parallax Entity) and more. Here is a link that has the info strait from the comic:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/owie...-avx/87-83185/

You can also Fined More info at this link too:

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/reviews/164643-review-avengers-the-childrens-crusade-5

If you have any more questions let me know, Thank you. =)

#29 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

opinion on the character indifferent to her writers well lets just say I can think of a lot of painful things they could inflict on there persons.

#30 Edited by tensor (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they over powered her.I mean come on been able to go toe to toe with the phoenix an been the only person powers who can hurt her madness.Avengers vs X-Men was a next bad marvel story arc thank god for ultimate's.

#31 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I have nothing against her. But when they lock up Scott Summers, for crimes far below what she enacted, then I have a problem. But more with the establishment, rather than Wanda herself :P

#32 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

...and?

#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: Wanda got shanked, protecting Rogue no less.

I think she is well on her way to redemption, I actually liked how she told Rogue off, because no one in AVX did what should have been done they all acted like a bunch of snot nosed brats with an attitude problem. She made a mistake and she did her best to rectify that mistake.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.