Wanda's accent?

#1 Edited by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we meant to read her in an american or a romanian accent? I've often wondered this and the thought came up again when I was reading Uncanny Avengers.

#2 Posted by cameron83 (7520 posts) - - Show Bio

SHALALALALALLALALAH.......RRRRRRR?????/

#3 Posted by HexThis (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, during the "Endangered Species" arc, Beast confronts Wanda in Transia and he notes that she speaks with a perfect American accent in spite of the fact she thought she'd never left in her amnesiac state. Of course, that version of Wanda was doombot but it was a convincing duplicate if Hawkeye had sex with it and never noticed anything different.

#4 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

Actually, during the "Endangered Species" arc, Beast confronts Wanda in Transia and he notes that she speaks with a perfect American accent in spite of the fact she thought she'd never left in her amnesiac state. Of course, that version of Wanda was doombot but it was a convincing duplicate if Hawkeye had sex with it and never noticed anything different.

I always read her in an american accent with the voice of Ali Hills ( Liara from Mass Effect).

#5 Posted by OmegaHans (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, it should have a slight, Eastern European accent to an otherwise cultured and I would imagine, sort of soothing tone, but similar to not so much Romanians, but more to Serbians or Hungarian in style. Much like I'd imagine Doctor Doom, although Doom would of course have a bit more aggressive regalness.

She and Pietro would definitely have a lot of fluid Americanization to her speech I would imagine.

I know what this is like all too well, as I am Russian born (similar but not the same, I know) but more time I have lived here in America, I have really developed an American fluidity, and for many of this experience it can be easiest to pick up when in youth than anything. Wanda and Pietro were still young when they moved to New York, and I'd think they have a clear and literate mixed speech.

I love this topic. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.