Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4409 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Wanda in Uncanny Avengers 14(spoilers)

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think she's really dead? Because it doesn't make sense to me. They made such a big deal about bringing her back into continuity. I mean come on they published an entire mini series about it and then made her central to AvX. They wouldn't really bring her back after eight years just to undo M Day and then kill her off again a year later would they?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@avengers_4everxx: I couldn't bear it if she did die. But I don't think she will! Wonder Man said he only came back to be with Wanda again, he's going to do everything he can to revive her. And my guess is that, being that he's low on power, he's going to have to choose her life over his ultimately. He did assure her there wouldn't be any goodbyes but I really do think it's the end for him. I never imagined he was the love of her life but apparently she was his and I find it so sad to see him go.

Rogue will come back too, reconstructed using Wolverine's healing factor, and then she'll realize what a belligerent, hypocritical scumbag she's been and hopefully feel bad about herself a little. Then start being nice again.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Comic deaths mean nothing so don't lose sleep over it.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hexthis said:

@avengers_4everxx: I couldn't bear it if she did die. But I don't think she will! Wonder Man said he only came back to be with Wanda again, he's going to do everything he can to revive her. And my guess is that, being that he's low on power, he's going to have to choose her life over his ultimately. He did assure her there wouldn't be any goodbyes but I really do think it's the end for him. I never imagined he was the love of her life but apparently she was his and I find it so sad to see him go.

Rogue will come back too, reconstructed using Wolverine's healing factor, and then she'll realize what a belligerent, hypocritical scumbag she's been and hopefully feel bad about herself a little. Then start being nice again.

Don't know about Scarlet Witch, but the preview for Uncanny Avengers #15 (out December 18th) confirms Rogue's death: Uncanny Avengers #15 Preview - Confirms UA#14

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think she's really dead? Because it doesn't make sense to me. They made such a big deal about bringing her back into continuity. I mean come on they published an entire mini series about it and then made her central to AvX. They wouldn't really bring her back after eight years just to undo M Day and then kill her off again a year later would they?

At the end of the first issue it shows a future scene with Havok, Sunfire, and Scarlet Witch being attacked by a fusion of Red Skull, Onslaught, and Professor Xavier, so I'm willing to bet that Marvel and Remender isn't done with Wanda quite yet. As for how she comes back, that'll be another matter entirely (although it'd be great if Triage and Elixir worked together to heal her). The upcoming Earth X storyline seems like an alternate universe story that I'm sure will get undone by the arcs end.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@hexthis said:

Don't know about Scarlet Witch, but the preview for Uncanny Avengers #15 (out December 18th) confirms Rogue's death: Uncanny Avengers #15 Preview - Confirms UA#14

They do it in such an obnoxious way with that solicit, I can't possibly believe they're serious about it. And she's a skeleton in the preview but she's got bits of flesh all over her, she's going to probably re-materialize. They desperately want us to believe it'll stick but you have two characters like Rogue and the Scarlet Witch facing off in every issue, they're headed for more resolution between the two.

Marvel just needs to stop killing characters in such a flippant way and kill them when they're really, really sure it's a good move. In the 90's, 80's, 70's or 60's those deaths stick out in our minds often because they were a rarity so you knew Marvel meant business. Now they're obsessed with killing for publicity then resurrecting. Killing to make an arc seem serious then resurrecting and killing someone else for different arc for the same gimmick.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.