Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4412 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Ultimate Scarlet Witch's Power

Tessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tessa

I'm new here so I don't really know where to post this, but I have a question about ultimate scarlet witch's power. How is it possible to "do the math" in some cases. I mean how can her probability powers turn Longshot into a cat. The chance of someone turning into a cat with no means other than chance is 0.

FrancoFerret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FrancoFerret

Scarlet witch has never turned longshot into a cat in the ultimate universe but she did once in the regular time line,  the probability of one turning into a cat is 0/1, she can turn that number into 10/5, thus changing someone into a cat. get it? and the scarlet with has studied magic endlessly so when you combine magic + enhance probability one can really do whatever one wishes.

in the ultimate universe she has to do the math as in calculate the probability, she needs to know the numbers she is working with, let's say she wants to bring an airplane down, she would need to know all the weak points of the plane and then go into an elaborate calculation and she wha she is working with, in the regular time line this calcutation is done automatically by her power

FrancoFerret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FrancoFerret

Scarlet witch has never turned longshot into a cat in the ultimate universe but she did once in the regular time line,  the probability of one turning into a cat is 0/1, she can turn that number into 10/5, thus changing someone into a cat. get it? and the scarlet with has studied magic endlessly so when you combine magic + enhance probability one can really do whatever one wishes.

in the ultimate universe she has to do the math as in calculate the probability, she needs to know the numbers she is working with, let's say she wants to bring an airplane down, she would need to know all the weak points of the plane and then go into an elaborate calculation and she wha she is working with, in the regular time line this calcutation is done automatically by her power

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @FrancoFerret: Yeah actually, she did turn him into a cat in the Ultimate universe. 
    jedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jedd

what story arc was that???

Tessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tessa

I'd say unless she was a genius, ultimate scarlet witch's power is more of a hassle. And I don't remember which storyline, but I think it was a little bit before Emma Frost's school meets the x-men.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Belladonna

The Ultimate Scarlet Witch was my favorite, he powers are more, how can you say, meta human. As this incarnation focused more on realistic term of using her powers (i.e. Using her powers, she needed to know the math.) while the original was more magic intoned.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Charmix said:
    "The Ultimate Scarlet Witch was my favorite, he powers are more, how can you say, meta human. As this incarnation focused more on realistic term of using her powers (i.e. Using her powers, she needed to know the math.) while the original was more magic intoned. "
    I agree, she was one of my favorite Ultimates, and I hated that she died in Ultimates 3. And I did like how they did her powers, the whole "doing the math" idea was very smart and made her powers way more believable.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe
    @War Killer:
    good power tho a little over shadowed by the ick factor with quicksilver, come on theyre from eastern europe not alabama
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

Well physicists say that technically anything is possible some things are just highly improbable.

Kamionero111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kamionero111
    @PrinceIMC said:

" Well physicists say that technically anything is possible some things are just highly improbable. "

Her powers work pretty much like Arcanna's from the latest Squadrom Supreme universe... the one from Ultimate Power... where they basically can pull stuff from parallel alternate realities. They can alter quantum randomness to pick and choose which reality becomes the future. Like Wanda said when fighting thor she would "find the universe where he is a defenseless baby seal" and make it the reality. Or where Arcanna chooses a reality where instead of a missile, they threw them flowers.

At least thats how they worked till Ultimatum/Ultimate origins where they pretty much said she had reality altering powers... Altho Ultimates 3 and Ultimate Origins contradict eachother since in U. Origins Savage Land had dinosaurs long before Magneto set up base there... while Ult 3 says Wanda pulled the dinosaurs into this reality when Magneto sent Wolverine to kill Quicksilver.

Boy... the ultimate universe became a bloody mess
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Belladonna
    @Kamionero111 said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:

" Well physicists say that technically anything is possible some things are just highly improbable. "

Her powers work pretty much like Arcanna's from the latest Squadrom Supreme universe... the one from Ultimate Power... where they basically can pull stuff from parallel alternate realities. They can alter quantum randomness to pick and choose which reality becomes the future. Like Wanda said when fighting thor she would "find the universe where he is a defenseless baby seal" and make it the reality. Or where Arcanna chooses a reality where instead of a missile, they threw them flowers. At least thats how they worked till Ultimatum/Ultimate origins where they pretty much said she had reality altering powers... Altho Ultimates 3 and Ultimate Origins contradict eachother since in U. Origins Savage Land had dinosaurs long before Magneto set up base there... while Ult 3 says Wanda pulled the dinosaurs into this reality when Magneto sent Wolverine to kill Quicksilver.  Boy... the ultimate universe became a bloody mess "
    All Arcanna ever did was make flowers ;P
    But anyways in the Ultimate Power arc, Scarlet Witch stated that Arcanna's "magic" (basically both Arcanna and Scarlet Witch states their power as magic, for some reason, maybe to exaggerate their power a bit.) did not come from the traditional source rather than the underpinning of reality which was her ability to perceive and change the quantum reality, so this means that Scarlet Witch ability to manipulates probability/reality works slightly different. As she can make effect happens while working her math, Scarlet Witch could both manipulate and alter reality while Arcanna can just pull things from other realities. But your statement was more better than mines :)
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By hdorman1

has no one watched hitchhikers guide to the galaxy!?
    everything is possible
    just not very probable

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: I'm not sure if She's a genius, but isn't she still at least FAIRLY intelligent?
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix: I'm not sure if She's a genius, but isn't she still at least FAIRLY intelligent? "
    I never said that did I O___O?
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, I just remember The Scarlet Witch being smart, but she may have gotten even smarter.
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix: Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, I just remember The Scarlet Witch being smart, but she may have gotten even smarter. "
    OOh don't apologize :) we make mistakes, its normal ;)
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix:True, but I remember the Scarlet Witch being a rather mediocre character once but now she's become a total powerhouse!
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix:True, but I remember the Scarlet Witch being a rather mediocre character once but now she's become a total powerhouse! "
    Because she was the passive member in her team, but her ability were so strong she was able to kill hundreds of soldiers with one attack though it left her unconscious, because of the many distinct set of probability out comes.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik
    @Tessa said:
    " I'm new here so I don't really know where to post this, but I have a question about ultimate scarlet witch's power. How is it possible to "do the math" in some cases. I mean how can her probability powers turn Longshot into a cat. The chance of someone turning into a cat with no means other than chance is 0. "
    If the chances are 0 with turning Longshot into a cat, then she obviously knew the math pretty easily. ;)
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: But doesn't that mean the Scarlet Witch isn't totally responsible for ANY of the deaths she's caused?
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix: But doesn't that mean the Scarlet Witch isn't totally responsible for ANY of the deaths she's caused? "
    Where are we getting at?
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: I heard that when The Scarlet Witch went mad, she killed a bunch of people, but since her power makes her so unstable, it's not really her fault!
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix: I heard that when The Scarlet Witch went mad, she killed a bunch of people, but since her power makes her so unstable, it's not really her fault! "
    Thats's 616 not 1610 ;P
    She was mentally stable in the 616, either that she was just incest.
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: What? but I thought she went insane in the 616 universe!
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix: What? but I thought she went insane in the 616 universe! "
    Correct this is Ultimate Scarlet Witch's Power not 616 :)
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: But didn't The Scarlet Witch go insane in "Avengers: Disassembled"? that was a title that takes place in the 616 universe doesn't it?
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Belladonna
    @info nation said:
    " @Charmix: But didn't The Scarlet Witch go insane in "Avengers: Disassembled"? that was a title that takes place in the 616 universe doesn't it? "
    Yes, but what does it have to do with Ultimate, don't get sidetracked ;P
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngelFrost

I prefer Ultimate Scarlet Witches' powers 
    than the current SW.

Her powers then seemed more 'real' and you could probably believe them more. But now, with the whole reality warping and basically doing anything, it's just made me dislike Scarlet Witch. She's gone over the top in my opinion.

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By info nation
    @Charmix: Sorry, I'm kind of freaked out by Ultimate Scarlet Witch, so I subconciously want to forget about her! I know she's never had the best taste in men but QUICKSILVER?! ARGH!!!!
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Cherry Bomb

anyone got any scans of Ultimate Scarlet Witch  doing the 'math' and using her powers?

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thewidowsbite
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    "anyone got any scans of Ultimate Scarlet Witch  doing the 'math' and using her powers? "

I don't think there are any. I read on wikipedia (sadly) that the fact she had to 'do the math' was implied. I'm not sure if Wanda herself stated that she did.
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Belladonna
    @thewidowsbite said:
    " @Cherry Bomb said:
    "anyone got any scans of Ultimate Scarlet Witch  doing the 'math' and using her powers? "
    I don't think there are any. I read on wikipedia (sadly) that the fact she had to 'do the math' was implied. I'm not sure if Wanda herself stated that she did. "
    she did stated it herself, I'll try to get the scan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.