So If Wanda Is To Be Charged For Her Crimes....

#1 Posted by XsPectre28 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

Then When Are All The Others Who Have Messed Up On A Drastic Scale Gonna Be Punished.....

Xavier- Onslaught, Juggernaut, Vulcan & his team

Wolverine- has killed thousands maybe even millions

Antman- Created Ultron

Magneto- Do I Have To Go There

i could go on too

#2 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4114 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28: you forgot cyclops- killing xavier

anyways, i heard the life seed force possessed wanda making her not responsible for her crimes and it was dr doom causing no more mutants....i think its a marvel writers cop out......i blame marvel

#3 Posted by CJStriker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

anyways, i heard the life seed force possessed wanda making her not responsible for her crimes and it was dr doom causing no more mutants....i think its a marvel writers cop out......i blame marvel

Guess you can Say "Speak of the Devil" LOL, hey Hope! =)

Really in the Context of Everything, Scarlet Witch has already Payed Heavily for what happen, if she ever needed to pay at all.

First off, just by Real Life time frame, Wanda has had one of the longest "Hero Went Bad but not much Context Given" Time periods, or aka EXILE from the Marvel U. than any other hero know, or a Hero of this Importance (Wanda has been in Exile for Almost a DECADE!). She has also in the Comic book World Sense been in Exile as well too, not being in ANY major Marvel Events or Stories, and be banded from places she may call home (AvX #0, when Vision Banned Wanda from coming to the Mansion when Ms. Marvel & Spider-Women want to bring her back).

Also, the Idea of Jail or a Trail on the Standards of our or the World's Laws would be pretty hard to do. Most of the people that where Killed during HoM are alive, the Mutants are back and the power that lead to all of this is GONE (will explain that Shortly). So, in the courts or Groups who Might then deal with kind of stuff, in Children's Crusade by the end of it Cyclops who could and wanted to put Wanda on a Utopia Trial (Would of been more like a Kangaroo Court!) at the end decide to let Wanda Go since she was not a threat anymore, there by ending any Mutant Justice Trial since Summers was the leader of Most Mutants at that time.

As for the Avengers, it also would be hard to judge by human law as well, since most of all of HoM happen on a Magical Plain Level and now has been fixed.

But the Ultimate Reason why she would might be mostly if not all innocent of the Events is this:

What REALLY Happended to Wanda, and the Avengers Now KNOW this is that Wanda got Fully, 100% Possessed by an Entity called "The Life Force" that made her do all those bad things, that was explained if you read Children's Crusade. This is the exact same kind of story as Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix), Charles X. (Shadow King, Onslaught), Hal Jordan (Parallax Entity) and more. Here is a link that has the info strait from the comic:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/owie...-avx/87-83185/

You can also Fined More info at this link too:

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/reviews/164643-review-avengers-the-childrens-crusade-5

If you have any more questions let me know, Thank you. =)

#4 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen this thread before.

#5 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is currently in Prison so technically he's being charged for his crimes already as opposed to those that are at least in terms of being charged got away without punishment. As far as Scarlet Witch is concerned, I read Children's Crusade the justification with Scarlet Witch by Cap as to why she's free is that she had just lost her children and is not in the right state of mind plus the whole Life Force thing. But even then it's basically applicable to what Scott was experiencing given his role as the guy leading the mutants, the schism where some friends were leaving, the death of friends and family as well as being constantly hounded by anti-mutant extremists. Than you have the Avengers constantly saying how it is impossible to control the PF so you have the two things that they used to justify Wanda's freedom. A crisis that would heavily affect a persons emotion and being under the influence of a greater force than themselves.

#6 Edited by CJStriker (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

Cyclops is currently in Prison so technically he's being charged for his crimes already as opposed to those that are at least in terms of being charged got away without punishment. As far as Scarlet Witch is concerned, I read Children's Crusade the justification with Scarlet Witch by Cap as to why she's free is that she had just lost her children and is not in the right state of mind plus the whole Life Force thing. But even then it's basically applicable to what Scott was experiencing given his role as the guy leading the mutants, the schism where some friends were leaving, the death of friends and family as well as being constantly hounded by anti-mutant extremists. Than you have the Avengers constantly saying how it is impossible to control the PF so you have the two things that they used to justify Wanda's freedom. A crisis that would heavily affect a persons emotion and being under the influence of a greater force than themselves.

Good Post their My Friend, but what happen in the P5 and Summers in AvX is in Different Comparison to what happened to Wanda in Disassemble and HoM.

Wanda:

She Got the "Life Force Entity" all at once, 100% of it by accident like it it explained in Children's Crusade.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/owie/questions-about-scarlet-witchs-power-in-childrens-crusade-avx/87-83185/

What this means is that Wanda got TOTALLY Possessed and when that happens like with Jean Grey (the Phoenix Prof. X (Shadow king, Onslaught) Wolverine, Gambit, Psyloke (Horsemen of the Apocalypse), Hal Jordan (The Parallax Enity), it Always ends up with the Invading Entity taking Total Control of the person being Possessed. For Wanda it shouldn't be "cause it was about her Kids", but why she is more likely innocent cause "100% of an Entity Possessing you means total Control" meaning she was a puppet getting all her emotion, no matter how small, increased to 1,000x the Bad.

P5 and Scott Summers:

I believe the same could be said for them as well, that the Phoenix force took control of them, and made them not themselves. However, the only Problem with that is that 5 people where Possessed by a 1 Entity Split in 5, so each of the P5 got 20% of the Phoenix Force, so the Total Control argument goes out the window until we get to AvX #12 and him Going Dark. But still, even with only 20%, a case can still be made it was the Enity that drove them to do the things they did, but thier is One Major Flaw beside only having 20%.

The Utopia Community Back the P5 horse and Said they had Complete control of the Power and the P5 said the Same things about them as well!

With this all of their Actions from AvX #6 to #8, and all the side stories as well included, would have to take that fact of having Sanity and Judgement Into account.

That could not be the Case for Wanda in HoM or Scott Summer in AvX #12.

#7 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@CJStriker said:

@JohnnyGat said:

Good Post their My Friend, but what happen in the P5 and Summers in AvX is in Different Comparison to what happened to Wanda in Disassemble and HoM.

Wanda:

She Got the "Life Force Entity" all at once, 100% of it by accident like it it explained in Children's Crusade.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/owie/questions-about-scarlet-witchs-power-in-childrens-crusade-avx/87-83185/

What this means is that Wanda got TOTALLY Possessed and when that happens like with Jean Grey (the Phoenix Prof. X (Shadow king, Onslaught) Wolverine, Gambit, Psyloke (Horsemen of the Apocalypse), Hal Jordan (The Parallax Enity), it Always ends up with the Invading Entity taking Total Control of the person being Possessed. For Wanda it shouldn't be "cause it was about her Kids", but why she is more likely innocent cause "100% of an Entity Possessing you means total Control" meaning she was a puppet getting all her emotion, no matter how small, increased to 1,000x the Bad.

P5 and Scott Summers:

I believe the same could be said for them as well, that the Phoenix force took control of them, and made them not themselves. However, the only Problem with that is that 5 people where Possessed by a 1 Entity Split in 5, so each of the P5 got 20% of the Phoenix Force, so the Total Control argument goes out the window until we get to AvX #12 and him Going Dark. But still, even with only 20%, a case can still be made it was the Enity that drove them to do the things they did, but thier is One Major Flaw beside only having 20%.

The Utopia Community Back the P5 horse and Said they had Complete control of the Power and the P5 said the Same things about them as well!

With this all of their Actions from AvX #6 to #8, and all the side stories as well included, would have to take that fact of having Sanity and Judgement Into account.

LONG EXPLANATION:

Yes and when the P5 was split between the 5 they were doing good. Scott himself committed no crimes against any one.

Let's look at each member. Let's start out with the most irrrelevant so let's talk about:

Colossus. During a mission where electrical super villains were around he instead of giving in to any corruption from either the Phoenix Force or Cyttorak he only talked to the entities. No fighting did the Phoenix Force make it like that? No. As we've seen of the Phoenix Force when it is in full control it is a force that is more aggresive same with Cyttorak. Colossus with 20% of the force was still himself.

Magik even with the PF still only has 1/5th of a soul. The rest is empty dark evil. Her crime is creating a hell like area on earth but did they send everyone to this hell on earth? No. She created the hell on earth only as a means to keep the Avengers who are in the process of assaulting them imprisoned. She could have just killed them but she didn't. From this we can say that she's still the Magik that can follow orders but the Hell on Earth is not something that PF drove her into making. She is really a little insane demon after all.

Namor attacked Wakanda as an act of War. Was this the PF driving his actions or was this his own arrogance and beliefs. At that time the PF was more a tool for him to enact whatever he wanted to do. It didn't drive him to have done what he did. It was what he felt was necessary to recapture Hope and defeat the Avengers who were attacking them and were actively trying to find a way to defeat them.

Emma Frost. Throughout her appearances with the PF she has shown to be manipulative and take note this is still when the PF distribution was 20%. But isn't this something that Emma would do in the situation that they were in with the Avengers. She only started murdering people and forcing them to bow down to her only after she and Scott each had 50%.

Scott Summers. This is the most easiest but might be the longest to explain so bare with me. Scott Summers whilst having the 20% of the Phoenix Force was still him. In the infinity comics he acknowledges that with that much power he was no longer that connected to humanity but at the same time he acknowledges the vision of peace he has always been striving. He never attacked the Avengers and when he appeared before the UN he never claimed to be the ruler of the world but he did make it clear he is going to enforce peace across the world. All the PF's missions were to help people. Feed the Hungry, Cure the Sick, Stop the Wars. When the Avengers took Hope did Cyclops go on a Rampage? No. He only made skirmishes on the places that they believed where the Avengers were hiding and the key term here is that he only made a move in areas that had Avngers in them. When Namor advised Scott to go for a more warlike approach did he say yes? No. With 20% of the Phoenix Force he was still the same man as he was. No signs of corruption from the PF.

Now after Namor lost his share of the powers we started seeing cracks in each of the remaining four. Piotr was starting to get short tempered again as seen on WatX but what did he do did he make good on his threat? No. He left as still knowing what he did was wrong. They showed Emma killing a man who accidentally killed a mutant but never got caught, this is still in lines of her personality since she always loved teaching students. Without Namor you saw those cracks, but when Magik and Colossus lost their share Emma's more arrogant side had surfaced and Scott was now feeling more powerful and arrogant. Then with the two of them left they were attacked not just by the Avengers but also the X-men. In Uncanny we see Emma showcasing the PF corrupting her even more with the way she without a care tells Scott of her infidelity and the "criminals" she had dealt with but still having enough sense of herself to apologize. And with the Avengers and X-men not stopping and with their assault Scott took Emma's share of the power and then becomes Dark Phoenix. With the whole 100% of the PF as seen in AvX 12 he was now fully possessed and was now in the process of destroying the world.

Wanda may have been possessed immediately but it's not about the amount of time it took to become possessed but the end result and the consequences that happened in the aftermath. As I said the X-men backed up the idea that PF can be controlled and guess what they were able to control as seen in the examples. It was only until after Namor lost his share (losing it not because he never had control of it but because of Wanda's magic) that the crakcs of them losing control started to show but they still managed to control it enough. Would it have deteriorated over time? Probably. But before Namor lost his part I'd say it was still a possibility. If Marvel had shown any of the P5 going against their personalities whilst under the PF influence I'd be more inclined to agree with you but Marvel never did show it. Plus also take into account as a reason why Scott believed the PF can be controlled was because he had a daughter from an alternate timeline who had the PF and is still alive so the theory that the PF can be controlled isn't as far fetched as most people put it. Their Judgement overall may not have been perfect but it wasn't without any solid reasoning.

As I said in the end it was about the results. Scott attempted genocide on the whole world after and only after he became Dark Phoenix after being hounded by the Avengers and seeing his friends band together to defeat him. Wanda attempted genocide on the mutant race after she was possessed by the LFE instantly. Take away the words after LFE and Dark Phoenix and the crimes are still the same it doesn't matter whether one is instantaneous or not that would be like saying a man who kills 100 people is guilty but if you kill 10 you're innocent. And plus I'm using the Wanda's kids as a cause of her mental breakdown because at the time when Scott wanted Wanda to answer for her crimes on Childrens Crusade that was one of their key reasoning as to why they were more lenient on treating her and not immediately putting her into any jail of sorts. From the point of view of the Avengers at the time of Scott's demands for her to face justice not once did they mention the LFE. When I think about it Cap's reasoning for not jailing Wanda is much worst. It was Beast who used the mental breakdown card and Cap's reasoning as to why she was not in prison was "She's an Avenger".

SHORT EXPLANATION:

The crime is still similar. Both committed them when they were fully possessed. It doesn't matter how they got possessed, what matters and is being compared is that it was the same kind of crime where only one party seems to have had to suffer incarceration as their punishment.

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a clear deference between the crimes of Wanda Maximoff and that of the people listed above. Hers were long lasting even till today as well as devastating, the others did not have those same effects.

#9 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

If that would happen then Reed Richards should be tried as well for his crimes during the Civil War...

#10 Posted by stormphoenix (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@CJStriker said:

@JohnnyGat said:

Wanda:

P5 and Scott Summers:

LONG EXPLANATION:

Yes and when the P5 was split between the 5 they were doing good. Scott himself committed no crimes against any one.

Let's look at each member. Let's start out with the most irrrelevant so let's talk about:

Colossus. During a mission where electrical super villains were around he instead of giving in to any corruption from either the Phoenix Force or Cyttorak he only talked to the entities. No fighting did the Phoenix Force make it like that? No. As we've seen of the Phoenix Force when it is in full control it is a force that is more aggresive same with Cyttorak. Colossus with 20% of the force was still himself.

Magik even with the PF still only has 1/5th of a soul. The rest is empty dark evil. Her crime is creating a hell like area on earth but did they send everyone to this hell on earth? No. She created the hell on earth only as a means to keep the Avengers who are in the process of assaulting them imprisoned. She could have just killed them but she didn't. From this we can say that she's still the Magik that can follow orders but the Hell on Earth is not something that PF drove her into making. She is really a little insane demon after all.

Namor attacked Wakanda as an act of War. Was this the PF driving his actions or was this his own arrogance and beliefs. At that time the PF was more a tool for him to enact whatever he wanted to do. It didn't drive him to have done what he did. It was what he felt was necessary to recapture Hope and defeat the Avengers who were attacking them and were actively trying to find a way to defeat them.

Emma Frost. Throughout her appearances with the PF she has shown to be manipulative and take note this is still when the PF distribution was 20%. But isn't this something that Emma would do in the situation that they were in with the Avengers. She only started murdering people and forcing them to bow down to her only after she and Scott each had 50%.

Scott Summers. This is the most easiest but might be the longest to explain so bare with me. Scott Summers whilst having the 20% of the Phoenix Force was still him. In the infinity comics he acknowledges that with that much power he was no longer that connected to humanity but at the same time he acknowledges the vision of peace he has always been striving. He never attacked the Avengers and when he appeared before the UN he never claimed to be the ruler of the world but he did make it clear he is going to enforce peace across the world. All the PF's missions were to help people. Feed the Hungry, Cure the Sick, Stop the Wars. When the Avengers took Hope did Cyclops go on a Rampage? No. He only made skirmishes on the places that they believed where the Avengers were hiding and the key term here is that he only made a move in areas that had Avngers in them. When Namor advised Scott to go for a more warlike approach did he say yes? No. With 20% of the Phoenix Force he was still the same man as he was. No signs of corruption from the PF.

Now after Namor lost his share of the powers we started seeing cracks in each of the remaining four. Piotr was starting to get short tempered again as seen on WatX but what did he do did he make good on his threat? No. He left as still knowing what he did was wrong. They showed Emma killing a man who accidentally killed a mutant but never got caught, this is still in lines of her personality since she always loved teaching students. Without Namor you saw those cracks, but when Magik and Colossus lost their share Emma's more arrogant side had surfaced and Scott was now feeling more powerful and arrogant. Then with the two of them left they were attacked not just by the Avengers but also the X-men. In Uncanny we see Emma showcasing the PF corrupting her even more with the way she without a care tells Scott of her infidelity and the "criminals" she had dealt with but still having enough sense of herself to apologize. And with the Avengers and X-men not stopping and with their assault Scott took Emma's share of the power and then becomes Dark Phoenix. With the whole 100% of the PF as seen in AvX 12 he was now fully possessed and was now in the process of destroying the world.

Wanda may have been possessed immediately but it's not about the amount of time it took to become possessed but the end result and the consequences that happened in the aftermath. As I said the X-men backed up the idea that PF can be controlled and guess what they were able to control as seen in the examples. It was only until after Namor lost his share (losing it not because he never had control of it but because of Wanda's magic) that the crakcs of them losing control started to show but they still managed to control it enough. Would it have deteriorated over time? Probably. But before Namor lost his part I'd say it was still a possibility. If Marvel had shown any of the P5 going against their personalities whilst under the PF influence I'd be more inclined to agree with you but Marvel never did show it. Plus also take into account as a reason why Scott believed the PF can be controlled was because he had a daughter from an alternate timeline who had the PF and is still alive so the theory that the PF can be controlled isn't as far fetched as most people put it. Their Judgement overall may not have been perfect but it wasn't without any solid reasoning.

As I said in the end it was about the results. Scott attempted genocide on the whole world after and only after he became Dark Phoenix after being hounded by the Avengers and seeing his friends band together to defeat him. Wanda attempted genocide on the mutant race after she was possessed by the LFE instantly. Take away the words after LFE and Dark Phoenix and the crimes are still the same it doesn't matter whether one is instantaneous or not that would be like saying a man who kills 100 people is guilty but if you kill 10 you're innocent. And plus I'm using the Wanda's kids as a cause of her mental breakdown because at the time when Scott wanted Wanda to answer for her crimes on Childrens Crusade that was one of their key reasoning as to why they were more lenient on treating her and not immediately putting her into any jail of sorts. From the point of view of the Avengers at the time of Scott's demands for her to face justice not once did they mention the LFE. When I think about it Cap's reasoning for not jailing Wanda is much worst. It was Beast who used the mental breakdown card and Cap's reasoning as to why she was not in prison was "She's an Avenger".

SHORT EXPLANATION:

The crime is still similar. Both committed them when they were fully possessed. It doesn't matter how they got possessed, what matters and is being compared is that it was the same kind of crime where only one party seems to have had to suffer incarceration as their punishment.

WOW AMAZING man Great Job I love it.

#11 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Antman isn't fair, Ultron was created for a totally beneficial reason and went nuts.

Magneto was a bad guy for the right reasons.

Wolverine... amen to that, talk about worlds biggest hypocrite about cyclops. Oh poor logan did he kill someone you liked? boo hoo save it for the thousands of family members you took a loved one from over the years.

#12 Posted by OmegaHans (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of these X-Fans, much like Rogue and her face-value sounding behind, need to quit whining and move on.

They didn't make any utopia. They made a bargain basement Disneyland. The rides broke down, Mickey Mouse's (Cyclops's) ears fell off and the big bird went home.

They got their mutants back, now it's time to can the sob story. If mutants want to make it right in the future, they got to compromise 100%. Once rebelling for survival is now rebelling for spite. Cough up.

I don't blame Wanda any longer. For the first time in a long time her head's on straight, and I'm liking it. Marvel Earth has got a future to make, and a mess to clean up, let's see these books do it.

And to heck with Magneto.

#13 Posted by HexThis (917 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I'm concerned, Wanda made a decision that a lot of people in her position would've made. She lost her children, she just so happened to have reality-altering powers that could change this, and she did everything she could to bring them back. Who wouldn't do that? Call it frailty or weakness or whatever you like, maybe it was careless but she resurrected Wonder Man in a very similar way with almost no repercussions so it's not unreasonable for her to have thought it could be done again.

So, so, so, so many heroes have risked the lives of many for one or two lives. Take Hope Summers for example! Her being the hope for mutantkind was theoretical but they took a chance on her. And Doom isn't necessarily definitively evil and the power they were harnessing wasn't either. Heck, it was called the "Life Force" and we don't know their extent of knowledge as to what it was capable of.

Also, like @XsPectre28 said there are so many who've committed similar offenses intentionally (in the case of Magneto) that X-men have stood beside.

The X-men, by the way, aren't even really evened out as far as offenses are concerned. They'll order a hit on Mystique for betraying them and yet Magneto is welcomed back with open arms? Magneto almost killed Kitty Pryde when she was 13! And that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.