Should Scarlet Witch get nerfed?

#1 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Since she will be in a team book soon, do you think her power should get nerfed? At the moment, she rivals phoenix, and the phoenix five sees her as the only threat. If she still has her reality warping power by the end of the book, I think the villains need an upgrade or the other teammates should get an upgrade to keep up with her.

#2 Posted by funkyfiction (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that in this new team book with The Scarlet Witch they're going to redefine her abilities and make it possibly even more confusing and her less intimidating.

For a very long time did I have a theory about The Scarlet Witch, Hope and the Phoenix. I thought that whatever sparked the existence of Hope also put Wanda in a safe place after the House of M fell and blocked her memory so that when the time comes she could use the powers she has left to give old mutants their powers back as Hope can give "new" mutants their powers and that is how Wanda and Hope are connected with the Phoenix. Though now I'm not so sure about that because of everything that's going on in Avengers Vs X-men

#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (12668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

Since she will be in a team book soon, do you think her power should get nerfed? At the moment, she rivals phoenix, and the phoenix five sees her as the only threat. If she still has her reality warping power by the end of the book, I think the villains need an upgrade or the other teammates should get an upgrade to keep up with her.

What team book will she be on ?Avengers?

#4 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Uncanny Avengers.

#5 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she might refrain from using her powers, sort of being apprehensive about because of all the damage she's caused.

#6 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't think she should get nerfed. She's still a glass canon and technically, her powers were always formidable being limited only by her knowledge of how to use and control them.

#7 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

When reading the title of this I thought you were going to ask if she should get shot with a nerf toy :P

#8 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I like SW just fine as she is.

#9 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Me likes her.

#10 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

most definitely. her powers don't even make sense at this point.

#11 Posted by AmazingWebHead (4395 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! There were enough all-powerful reality warpers before

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.