Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4408 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Scarlet Witch's Teleporting Powers

GreenChing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GreenChing

I've noticed that the Scarlet Witch has demonstrated the power to teleport herself and others. Is this ability derived from her mutant powers or is it magic-based?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@GreenChing said:

I've noticed that the Scarlet Witch has demonstrated the power to teleport herself and others. Is this ability derived from her mutant powers or is it magic-based?

NO ONE KNOWS!!!!! That's the fun of it all............I've explained the ridiculous levels of "free cheats" in her powers before....if you'd like for me to rant again.lol

GreenChing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GreenChing

Oh, ha ha ha! No need to rant. : ) I was just curious because it seems like she could do an unlimited number of things with her powers.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

Her powers are basically just pure writer convienance.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madame_Mist

I don't think she even knows what her powers are.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@GreenChing said:

Oh, ha ha ha! No need to rant. : ) I was just curious because it seems like she could do an unlimited number of things with her powers.

LOL That's because she can! Probability enhances likelihood of outcomes, spellcasting is enhanced with probability. Mystic energies also enhance probability in order to make her mutant abilities more powerful, probability is enhanced with spellcasting......she can literally do whatever the hell she wants, because her powers say so

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Redberry

I think her mutant power is hex bolt, and her magic is reality warping which is due to the chaos/lifeforce power. Scarlet Switch has demonstrated that she can time travel, summon warships and army, resurrection, create an entire universe, as well as alter the whole timeline of the multiverse. As a reality warper, she can pretty much do whatever hell she wants at this point. The whole Avengers were afraid of her, and the Phoenix Five are hesitated to even confront her. You gotta love an unstable reality-warper. Her line before defeating Magik was awesome. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN DO?".

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

He mutant powers are mystical so both really.

Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
    bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I never truly understood her powers she is too mystical

twilightend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By twilightend

Well her beginning mutant powers affect probablity, which other mutants can do, only she focuses hers into "hexes" or hex bolts. Then she took up mgaic training under Agatha Harkness. Which gave her greater control over her "hexing" of probability. Though writers have written her as affecting reality the entire time, then the whole "Chaos Magic" thing, it got very muddled. The breakdown is this, her mutant abilites are probablity manipulation. Her magical training and connection to Chaos magic feeds into it. These factors allow her to warp reality different from other warpers because of the probablity powers. Most warpers need an existing reality to warp, Wanda only needs a possibilty, since possibilites are endless and she can effect the outcomes through manipualting probabiliy, she pretty much has the cheat codes for the entire universe.

Excella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Excella

@Blood1991 said:

Her powers are basically just pure writer convienance.

correct. She is the dues ex machina in the long run.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's from her own powers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.