Scarlet Witch Respect Thread

#1 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it would be time to respect the all mighty powerful Scarlet Witch. Sure she decimated mutant gene around the world, but all that happen for a reason and plus it wasn't even her fault... blame her brother ;P and Wasp for mentioning her children to her. :) 

She's a strong and emotional person with amazing abilities that mimics magic. 
So Respect Scarlet Witch!!!^______^

Feel free to contribute to this thread. This is not a hate thread, so please if you don't like the Scarlet Witch then don't post any nonsense. Thank you

#2 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Scarlet Witch... her relationship with her family is interesting, and I love how her and Pietro totally look out for each other.  

That whole hate on her for M-Day deal is unfair. They were going to kill her because they couldn't think of anything else to do with a mentally unstable Wanda, so Pietro panicked and convinced Wanda to grant everyone's wishes. She herself never meant any harm. And it was all the fighting and violence (mainly her brother's death) that made her really snap and depower a bunch of mutants.  

Wanda probably did that in an attempt to end the fighting, not because she wanted to be a psycho b****. 
Ok rant over. ^.^ 
#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch is epic ^^

#4 Posted by Legacy_ (10610 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs to come back to the MU

#5 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

But at a more control level ;]

#6 Posted by havco (87 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah
#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect for someone who destroyed the MU? I think not.
#8 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyed? Wow really now, if she destroyed the MU then there weren't be anymore heroes alive for that matter or a running comic series for Marvel!

#9 Posted by Gene_Pool (704 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:
What did she really destroy anyway? It's not like any of the main characters lost their powers (Emma Frost, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm). Any sub-popular characters that lost their powers, like Magneto and Quicksilver, later regained them anyway. Only unimportant/non-existant characters were affected. The kind that were rarely if ever used in storylines.  XP

Wanda's not the only character that's committed questionable acts. She still deserves respect, at least from her fans.
#10 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gene_Pool said:
" @John Valentine:
What did she really destroy anyway? It's not like any of the main characters lost their powers (Emma Frost, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm). Any sub-popular characters that lost their powers, like Magneto and Quicksilver, later regained them anyway. Only unimportant/non-existant characters were affected. The kind that were rarely if ever used in storylines.  XP Wanda's not the only character that's committed questionable acts. She still deserves respect, at least from her fans. "
Thank you:)<3

Unlike the Dark Phoenix >.> not offend any body though or even her fan boys, but the Dark Phoenix wanted to destroy worlds and galaxies. But Wanda was manipulated, due to her fragile mind, which her brother took advantage of. Then her brother was killed by her father, which upset her and thus " No more mutants.", but you know what, some of the mutants luckily regain their powers, and like Gene said sub-popular characters lost their powers, but know theres a way to reverse it! So respect her! ;P
#11 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope scarlet witch is osborns weapon, i lover her character and i think if done correctly that would be good
#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Dark Phoenix and Onslaught we've gotten past so why not Wanda. Maybe split her up into component parts to make everyone happy and reduce her powers, its kinda hard to be a regular character after you've manipulated all of reality like that.

#13 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

been screaming for a scarlet witch ressurection for years, would not believe how pissed i was when i found out that the reappearance of wanda in mighty avengers was just loki being loki. atleast theres a chance she's still alive in the ultimate universe her and quicksilver are more...interesting there anyway.

#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"atleast theres a chance she's still alive in the ultimate universe her and quicksilver are more...interesting there anyway."

How are tehey more intreasting because they're a couple? 
Plus she's dead! I thought that the woman at the end of Ultimatum was Magda... Quicksilver's mom!
#15 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly i thought that its magda too, im just hoping its wanda instead

#16 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch has lots of things down - she's powerful, she's got personality, and she's beautiful.

#17 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"

honestly i thought that its magda too, im just hoping its wanda instead

"
same here xD

@darth_brendroid said:
" Scarlet Witch has lots of things down - she's powerful, she's got personality, and she's beautiful. "

agree:)
#18 Edited by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: May I ask who that is in your avatar right now?

Also, can Proteus defeat Scarlet Witch?
#19 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Charmix: May I ask who that is in your avatar right now?  Also, can Proteus defeat Scarlet Witch? "
Its Nouhime:) interested?

I don't think so, her powers has affect the entire worlds of hers and others, for all we know she could affect the Ultimate worlds. :D
#20 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: Yeah. Where is she from? A video game?
#21 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Charmix: Yeah. Where is she from? A video game? "
Yes she is ;) google her xP
#22 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: Cool.  : )
#23 Edited by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i love scarlet witch, even from her days in the bhood to her time w the avengers. I like all of magnetos children except for pietro. SW is def one of the most powerful superheroes in the MU along w the likes of Thor, Sentry and Jean Grey. Scarlet Witch is one of the only mutants that could defeat Magneto on her own.
#24 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1 said:
"Yeah i love scarlet witch, even from her days in the bhood to her time w the avengers. I like all of magnetos children except for pietro. SW is def one of the most powerful superheroes in the MU along w the likes of Thor, Sentry and Jean Grey "

whats wrong with Pietro!!!
#25 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch is awesome. I want her to return to the MU (:

#26 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedd said:
"@cmkphoenixfan1 said:
"Yeah i love scarlet witch, even from her days in the bhood to her time w the avengers. I like all of magnetos children except for pietro. SW is def one of the most powerful superheroes in the MU along w the likes of Thor, Sentry and Jean Grey "
whats wrong with Pietro!!! "
Hes like demented! Did you see him in xfactor investigations? Total weirdo!
#27 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been confused by Scarlet Witch's powers, but for some reason, I STILL liked her character! but I'm confused, didn't Dr. Strange say there was no such thing as chaos magic? (Even though, he's used it himself on occasion) so if that's the case, and that's where Scarlet Witches powers COME from, how is it so easy for her to re-write any of reality? it sounds more like Dr. Strange is lying because he's jealous of her superior power-level. But Dr. Strange would never be that petty... unless he was being controlled by Baron Mordo or Dormammu, now THAT would have been a good plot twist!

#28 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio
@info nation said:

"I've always been confused by Scarlet Witch's powers, but for some reason, I STILL liked her character! but I'm confused, didn't Dr. Strange say there was no such thing as chaos magic? (Even though, he's used it himself on occasion) so if that's the case, and that's where Scarlet Witches powers COME from, how is it so easy for her to re-write any of reality? it sounds more like Dr. Strange is lying because he's jealous of her superior power-level. But Dr. Strange would never be that petty... unless he was being controlled by Baron Mordo or Dormammu, now THAT would have been a good plot twist! "

Or what if he had been controlled by something REALLY evil, like say, Bendis! HA! THAT would've been scary!
#29 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

poor wanda  she was such a great hero  pity people forget that before house of m she did SAVE THE WORLD!! 

#30 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Hmm, maybe Baron Mordo should change his name to "Baron Bendis"!
#31 Posted by extrememage (184 posts) - - Show Bio

she is a great character, but i am sorta angry at her for wot she did to the mutant population 
oh and question(!) 

you know how before house of m and that she was this all-powerful reality warping chaos inducing mutant witch? is she still that powerful because she has been seen since decimation right? 
(sorry, i live ages away from a comic shop and comicvine is my only source of wots happening in the comic book universe)
#32 Posted by MoonstoneEvil (138 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scarlet Witch is coming back! I can't wait.

#33 Posted by bunnieswithtophats (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone start a feats page!

#34 Posted by Captain Danvers (149 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs to be back on the Avengers ASAP!

#35 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the Scarlet Witch is more postively received after the Children's Crusade. I'm also really curious as to how this event with Hope, Wanda, and Cable is going to turn out for her next year. I just really don't want anything to go further wrong with the character that could possibly screw her up forever.

#36 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Greatest_Username said:

I hope the Scarlet Witch is more postively received after the Children's Crusade.

I hope Childrens crusade isn't a blueprint of what I can expect from Marvel as far as the way her character is handled.

#37 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage:

I've actually been pretty ok with her portrayal up to this point. She comes across as one of the most level headed characters in this story. I just hope this "alliance" with Doom doesn't ruin it.

#38 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Greatest_Username said:

@White Mage:

I've actually been pretty ok with her portrayal up to this point. She comes across as one of the most level headed characters in this story. I just hope this "alliance" with Doom doesn't ruin it.

Children's Crusade hasn't been horrible. I just need them to show what they are trying to do with her, and the magic world in general. I have a lot of fears of what they can do to her character.

#39 Posted by WildBantha88 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Im looking for a place that details Scarlet Witch's feats. I don't know much about her but I want to learn

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.