Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4412 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Off My Mind: Should Scarlet Witch Be Blamed for her Past Actions?

• 149 results
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think some people will forgive her and some will never forgive her

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By cracker_jack

She should receive forgiveness. Who cares what Vision thinks. He's a machine. My machine (PC) gets mad at me all the time. Think I care?

Avatar image for bewilderingbeing
    BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BewilderingBeing

Didn't Dr. Strange say that because of her powerset and the fact that she didn't have needed training it was only a matter of time before she went insane? There is no doubt she screwed up alot of people's lives but she certainly didn't do it on purpose.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By KDarkholme

She shouldn't be blamed at all. She was corrupted.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By frozenedge2

I think Wanda should be forgiven because if she isn't forgiven then all the other heroes who've been controlled against their will and done things they won't normally do shouldn't be forgiven either. How many times have heroes like been controlled by higher beings themselves and nearly done drastic things? Too many times. The only difference with Wanda is that she actually had the power to do those things and a managed to it. I think it would be fair of majority of the people effected would forgive but of course not everybody will be able to forgive, probably never will and thats perfectly fine.

Now the whole Vision thing, well he just hasn't forgiven her or just doesn't want her around because he's trying get close Scott Lang's daughter for some odd reason and doesn't want to be reminded that he still has a wife. If anything Wanda shouldn't be able to forgive him for cheating on her since they never got divorced

NuclearLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NuclearLife

She will be forgiven, but it will haunt her, like Hank's lapse of judgement and Spider Woman's name being ruined by the Skrull Queen. Other heroes will always have a different view of them, some will forgive, others maybe not. But she shouldn't be blamed for it, do you blame some one that has gone insane for what they've done?

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By SupremeHyperion

If we are going to get real deep in this forgiveness thing then i think Nitro is in the same boat and deserves forgiveness for what he did in samford. and Galactus should be forgiven for every planet he had to eat because he had to do it. :) Supers are rarely held accountable for too long so why should she. In comics you are only shunned until they need you then every thing is ok.

Just let the Punisher kill her

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AlKusanagi

Spidey can be forgiven for being a dick and leading to Uncle Ben's death. That can be forgiven.

Wanda caused the death of friends and essentially committed genocide on the mutant race. HELL NO!

I'm surprised the Illuminati or X-force haven't "dealt with" her.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Didn't the Vision turn evil once again and try to take over the world?

So when Wanda took control of him and used him to kill it was her and not Doom?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By TDK_1997

She derserves to be forgiven but she has made too much bad to be forgived.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By HexThis

Let's be clear, the Avengers lied to Wanda for years about her sons having "died" or been re-absorbed or whatever you call it and all under the advice of Agatha Harkness who was eventually the one to persuade Wanda to get into reality altering of a higher scale. Not to mention Agatha was alive in present day because of Wanda herself. The Avengers should've known better than to have trusted her and instead allowed Wanda to grieve.

She enlisted Doctor Doom's aid (something the Fantastic Four has done) in an effort to restore her children and was corrupted by the energies that infested her. Yes, she was playing with dark forces and endangering herself but I don't think Wanda could've predicted the ramifications of what she'd done. That can marked as an offense but M-day? I don't think so. She was so possessed at that point by forces beyond her control, I don't think she should be held accountable for that as much.

Pietro also took advantage of Wanda's vulnerable position while being quite a bit more stable and planted the idea of altering the whole world in her head. And it was SCOTT's brilliant plan to throw a Trojan horse at the House of M which led to unadulterated chaos and resulted in Magneto killing Pietro which led to Wanda snapping.

Spidey and Kitty Pryde questioned the plan to attack the woman who was resting all of reality on her shoulders and dismissed Scott the idea. Meanwhile, Skrull Spiderwoman (Veranke) was able to inflitrate the palace with no problem at all as well as Doctor Strange....there couldn't have been a peaceful resolution? What good did attacking the House of M do?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Jean Grey was forgiven because the Phoenix Force became a separate entity, not the actual jean losing control of her powers. Scarlet Witch is still being blamed though, because people would rather not pay attention to the fact that she was possessed. Instead, they would like to hold her actions against her, because Wanda, unfortunately, doesn't have a giant firebird (that everybody can see and fear) to take responsibility for her actions. Hell, Phoenix ate a star and killed how many people? Was it easier to forgive because earthlings weren't directly involved?

Wanda should be forgiven, because it wasn't WANDA. If Magneto's evil @$$ did this, he would be hated even more than he already is. But this wasn't even Wanda's personality.

dominion4194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dominion4194

There is a laundry list of supers who have done things that probably have directly or indirectly caused the deaths of innocent people. The majority of them being men, they seem to be forgiven. Magneto, of all people, is now and X-Man and Scott seems to have no issue with the fact that he has probably killed boat loads of people and doesn't feel sorry about it. Wolverine is a homicidal maniac who suddenly has a conscience. It seems like the only two people who have been punished in any way for their bad deeds are Wanda and Jean Grey. Speedball blew up a town and caused the superhero community to tear itself apart. No punishment. Reed Richards and Tony Stark built a Thor clone that blew a big whole in Goliath....either of them in prison? Anybody a little pissed off at them? Nope. If the Marvel universe can turn the other cheek when men do wrong, why do women need to be punished and outcast?

zabrewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By zabrewolf

leave wanda alone!!!, what wanda need is a new costume.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PrinceIMC

No, because the whole point of Children's Crusade was to remove her guilt. It started out great but kinda fizzled near the end as just  a method for Wanda to no longer be blamed for what she's done. It wasn't her, it was something controlling her.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @White Mage:  

Jean Grey was forgiven because the Phoenix Force became a separate entity, not the actual jean losing control of her powers. Scarlet Witch is still being blamed though, because people would rather not pay attention to the fact that she was possessed. Instead, they would like to hold her actions against her, because Wanda, unfortunately, doesn't have a giant firebird (that everybody can see and fear) to take responsibility for her actions. Hell, Phoenix ate a star and killed how many people? Was it easier to forgive because earthlings weren't directly involved?

Wanda should be forgiven, because it wasn't WANDA. If Magneto's evil @$$ did this, he would be hated even more than he already is. But this wasn't even Wanda's personality. 

I agree 100%. I think it's a bit hypocritical of the X Men to completely forgive people like Magneto, Jean, who have blood on their hands as well, but hold such a grudge against Wanda. She went insane from the idea of losing her children, she wasn't herself, she obviously feels horrible for it, and wants to make amends, leave the poor woman alone.
    Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Mucklefluga

Wanda being "married" to Vision is weird. Wanda is such a great name by the way

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Soulstealer

@The Stegman said:

@White Mage:

I agree 100%. I think it's a bit hypocritical of the X Men to completely forgive people like Magneto, Jean, who have blood on their hands as well, but hold such a grudge against Wanda. She went insane from the idea of losing her children, she wasn't herself, she obviously feels horrible for it, and wants to make amends, leave the poor woman alone.

True, but you have to understand that they aren't looking at this logically. If they were, they'd come to that very decision, however with the X-men it's a matter of emotion. Not only that, the mutant race is dying out. It's a very personal genocide for them. And before anyone says anything, I know every genocide is a personal one, but that's not the way people handle it. Hearing about people dying horridly is decidedly different than seeing it with your own eyes and notched up passion does worst things than make people hypocrites.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By obscurefan

Should she be blamed? Nah, but Bendis should be.

Avatar image for kurai_von_kelps
    kurai_von_kelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kurai_von_kelps

I think Wanda has to pay a visit to the negative zone or somewhere like that. Her loss was painful but caused more damage to others.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Soulstealer:  

@The Stegman said:

@White Mage:

I agree 100%. I think it's a bit hypocritical of the X Men to completely forgive people like Magneto, Jean, who have blood on their hands as well, but hold such a grudge against Wanda. She went insane from the idea of losing her children, she wasn't herself, she obviously feels horrible for it, and wants to make amends, leave the poor woman alone.

True, but you have to understand that they aren't looking at this logically. If they were, they'd come to that very decision, however with the X-men it's a matter of emotion. Not only that, the mutant race is dying out. It's a very personal genocide for them. And before anyone says anything, I know every genocide is a personal one, but that's not the way people handle it. Hearing about people dying horridly is decidedly different than seeing it with your own eyes and notched up passion does worst things than make people hypocrites. 

Oh I understand that, and yes, she was behind the near destruction of their species, it is a personal vendetta, but regardless of their (and by "their" I mean mostly Cyclop's) emotional feelings toward Wanda, they cannot play judge, jury and executioner in this situation (I'm speaking on the events that happened in Children's Crusade) If they don't trust her, fine, if they don't like her, fine, but to come at her seeking revenge for something that wasn't her fault, no, that's unacceptable, that like the families and friends of the thousands of humans Magneto killed coming to Utopia to kill him, although some would say that would be a more logical view seeing as how Erik was in charge of his actions.
    Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Soulstealer

@The Stegman said:

@Soulstealer:

@The Stegman said:

@White Mage:

Oh I understand that, and yes, she was behind the near destruction of their species, it is a personal vendetta, but regardless of their (and by "their" I mean mostly Cyclop's) emotional feelings toward Wanda, they cannot play judge, jury and executioner in this situation (I'm speaking on the events that happened in Children's Crusade) If they don't trust her, fine, if they don't like her, fine, but to come at her seeking revenge for something that wasn't her fault, no, that's unacceptable, that like the families and friends of the thousands of humans Magneto killed coming to Utopia to kill him, although some would say that would be a more logical view seeing as how Erik was in charge of his actions.

Oh most assuredly agreed.

Also that Magneto thing needs to happen, but to be honest I expect that Uncanny X-Force Deathlok Nation has a point. The Marvel U should hate meta-humans in general a lot more than they do. Sure they save the planet at times, but you can't walk a mile down the street without crazy super powered battle breaking out around you. That Damage Control exists says a lot. So for the record I think eventually people turn on them, it's either war or they start black ops killing people off and making them into government controlled cyborgs.

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WrenchNinja

Yes, she should be held accountable. I don't care how long she's exiled herself.

EDIT: Wait, they retconned it so that something was controlling her? Oh boy. Well that excuses everything! What a freaking asspull.

Shieldbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shieldbearer

Scarlet Witch is the Genophage to the Mutants :\

...not that it is a bad thing, mutants were getting out of hand with no creative control.

nandizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By nandizzle

BURN THE WITCH

GreenGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GreenGoblin

I thought Dr. Doom caused all of this? He's always meddling.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bestostero

Yes. She is no victim.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By John Valentine

@Shieldbearer said:

Scarlet Witch is the Genophage to the Mutants :\

...not that it is a bad thing, mutants were getting out of hand with no creative control.

Good Mass Effect comparison, but look where that left the X-Men and mutant kind on the whole?

X-Franchise has been severely limited since. Not saying there haven't been some great stories, but Decimation was entirely crippling.

Renegade_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Renegade_X

If this is the case, then everyone should leave the Avengers because everyone, at one point, has betrayed each other, probably to a greater extent! I personally like Scarlet Witch & think she is sincere. I think she should be forgiven

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@ShockTrooper said:

She married a robot. That was sign number 1 that your probably a little crazy.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By John Valentine

@VagrantSaint said:

I think they should just forgive her and get over it. Super-heroes going bad is one of those things in comics that just doesn't stick. It's kind of like super-hero deaths. Oh, Captain America died? Eh, he'll be back.

This isn't even the first time she's gone bad either. Am I the only one that remembers the "Darker Than Scarlet" storyline?

Though, I suppose they could reject her and then she could pop up on other teams. Maybe drop in on the FF for a little while, or the X-Men. How many of the X-Men have gone bad at some point and returned. Heck, it's pretty much a prerequisite for joining now.

She should be killed.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@John Valentine said:

@VagrantSaint said:

I think they should just forgive her and get over it. Super-heroes going bad is one of those things in comics that just doesn't stick. It's kind of like super-hero deaths. Oh, Captain America died? Eh, he'll be back.

This isn't even the first time she's gone bad either. Am I the only one that remembers the "Darker Than Scarlet" storyline?

Though, I suppose they could reject her and then she could pop up on other teams. Maybe drop in on the FF for a little while, or the X-Men. How many of the X-Men have gone bad at some point and returned. Heck, it's pretty much a prerequisite for joining now.

She should be killed.

....................................Ohh -_-

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By John Valentine

@Renegade_X said:

If this is the case, then everyone should leave the Avengers because everyone, at one point, has betrayed each other, probably to a greater extent! I personally like Scarlet Witch & think she is sincere. I think she should be forgiven

Just no.

No one's nearly wiped out an entire species.

Does it matter if she's sincere? No.

It does that she could go crazy again and do something worse. She's a time bomb. As bad as the Phoenix, whom the Avengers are so eager to contain. Morons.

Scarlet Witch deserves to die.

RiscazZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By RiscazZ

My God..

Let's forgive the crazy lady for trying to wipe out everything with simply a thought of her mind.

Let's also forgive the Joker, and every other pal at Arkham while we're at it cuz, frankly, It's not them, it's the crazy people in their heads!!

And stop comparing everything with Magneto, D. Doom or even Jean, I mean, Magneto has is own reasoning behind what he does, D. Doom as well, and Jean, well lets say that it is the closest case to Wanda, but we all know what a peculiar love hat relation we all have with the Phoenix Force. Crazy is Crazy, is all about them seeking forgiveness for something that happened while they were crazed out with whatever was, but then sometime later we're going to be having this same discussion about Wanda again, and know she tried to do something ever worse and then again the motives or justifications grow reaaaaly thin. That's the point of mixing madness to the character, they WILL get whats coming to them because there's no way of knowing if the next craziness will end the life of those who even thought of forgiving her, or the life of many other innocent people.

Avatar image for thegeekcritique
    TheGeekCritique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TheGeekCritique

What about other villains in the Marvel canon who've flipped sides more times than a two cent flapjack? Magneto is a perfect example of bad guy turned good and Doctor Doom conveniently hops the fence from time to time. Anti-Venom and Emma Frost wear white hats these days, too, and people seem accepting of them. Of course, Rogue and Ronin/Hawkeye have been good guys for so long people forget they were ever bad.

It's all water under the bridge in our book. Besides, what's loss in the comic world anyway but momentary pauses of grief? A character's popularity will always call Death's bluff.

dominion4194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By dominion4194

One of the things people keep saying Wanda wiped out a race of people. She stripped the majority of mutants of their power. As a result some died. Horrible, yes. Unforgivable, no. There are characters who have committed acts that are just as if not more horrible. Speedball caused the deaths of more people in Stanford than Wanda did. The vast majority of depowered mutants are still alive. Some of them are even grateful that she did it. The pretty ones are the only people complaining.

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thewidowsbite

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

I think X-fans have had this discussion the most. Avengers fans usually jump to say yes forgive her and welcome her back to the team. That is the worst thing you could ever do. The Avengers have the notorious past of welcoming back fallen member so long as they look like they want to repent. It gets swept under the rug, and they will act like it never happened.

I said this in another thread about Wanda. You can't let her actions whether they were out of insanity or not go unanswered. That would be a slap on the wrist which is an insult to the readers. It makes it seems like heroes can get away with acts that rival what villains do. That heroes don't bother to reign in their own. That they face no consequences. Look at Illyana. She tricked the X-Men into aiding her in her vengeance against the Elder Gods. She nearly got what was left of mutantkind killed. Scott did what had to be done, and locked her away, and later put restrictions on her actions to insure it wouldn't happen again. Wanda should not get special treatment. She needs to repent, she needs to see and experience what she did to mutants and through that rediscover her own mutant identity. One act alone is not enough.

If she wants to redeem herself, if she wants to fix her mistake, if she truly wants to repent, she must come face to face with those that she harmed and little by little fix and aid mutantkind. Time she put being an Avenger on the back burner and clean up the mess she helped create. Earn forgiveness, don't waste your time asking for it.

I actually agree with this completely but also feel that if Wanda were more of a fan favorite like Wolverine that fans would much quicker to forgive and forget, and thus the writers would tailor the storyline to follow suit (heroes forgiving and forgetting, well maybe not Cyclops). She is definitely partially to blame for the events she caused but has everyone forgotten two of the main other people responsible as well?

Perhaps having the biggest hand in this entire situation was Quicksilver. He warned Wanda that the Avengers/X-Men were coming for her and were likely going to kill her but she was going to let whatever happened happen. She was actually willing to die for what she had done in Disassembled, a product of psychologically suppressed trauma; she LOST her children that she could NEVER had (having children was impossible with her android husband at the time, thus when she used her abilities to get pregnant it was an opportunity no woman in a similar situation wouldn't consider a sheer miracle) and her memories were stolen from her. I'm not a mother, but I've been around enough to know that a bond between a mother and her children is one of the most powerful things in fiction and the real world. To lose her children, and by having them be absorbed by a demonic entity? That's some serious damage that was only put at bay when Agatha Harkness decided to erase the poor woman's memories of ever having had children. She killed her husband and her friend Scott Lang and was remorseful enough to welcome death at the hands of her friends and family. She had lost her family at the point... other than her father... and Pietro. In desperation to save his sister, he convinced her to change reality to create a world where all of the arriving heroes got what they wanted so that they wouldn't come after her. Her mind was fragile and the idea of bringing peace to the people she helped seriously hurt was too appealing to her, plus her most trusted relative encouraged and conceived the idea. So she did it. It obviously didn't work out and Pietro was killed, yet another of Wanda's dwindling family killed... by her father. Can you imagine the type of trauma having your own brother whom had been a part of your life all your lives be brutally killed by the man you barely even like, a man whose supposed to be your father? Magneto was willing to kill his own child out of embarrassment and pride, a pride that has reinforced his crusade against humans and towards the advancement of mutant kind in society (thus HIS part in the House of M, mutants being elevated in society as the primary race... and the entire story being called the House of M as in MAGNUS?) The fact that she erased the vast majority of the mutant race instead of... I don't know... destroying the world (which she could probably at least achieve 99% considering the success rate of the depowering spell) is a miracle conisdering the fact that her ENTIRE family was taken from her, except the tyrant she was supposed to call her father.

I'm not saying she's not completely justified in her actions. Not even close. But try to look at it from her side, try to imagine going through all that and, what? Still being a super hero and having everything all honky dory? I don't think so. Half the things these characters go through would've lead to the same kind of breakdown Wanda had if not worse, the writers are just good at making them all seem to get over them so easily or not be realistically affected by them. With Wanda, they managed to make her character much more human than it ever was and make her one of the most flawed, and consequently human, characters in Marvel comics. So I'm saying she's to blame, but she's not the only one and cut her some slack. She's been through things that most people couldn't hope to survive in the first place.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#88  Edited By The Impersonator

Something tells me Wanda will do something big in this major event which would make people forgive her.

_Heart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By _Heart_

Yes she should, and I hope this Scarlet *itch just die already.

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By thewidowsbite

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

No. Because honestly, most of these heroes have been controlled or manipulated before. The only reason their collateral damage wasn't worse was because their friends and colleagues were able to defeat them before they did collateral damage. Storm almost destroyed the atmosphere because her anger pushed her back caring about the side effects of her powers, Invisible Woman almost killed her family because of her issues coming to terms with her life, The Shadow King has controlled the X-Men on multiple occasions and they weren't blaming each other for trying to kill each other, Hank Pym created Ultron who is ultimately responsible for genocide, Magneto was guilty of trying to incite genocide as well as massive deaths and destruction yet people tolerate him just fine now, Thor's warriors madness has inflicted mass damage, Hulk habitually destroys entire sections of cities killing thousands when he loses control. Heck, the typical superhero fight usually destroys so many buildings and involves so many bullets, that civilians are probably killed or injured in pretty large levels. Thanks for pointing out how hypocritical Vision is being btw. As you can tell, I completely agree with the articles' point that other heroes have lost control or been possessed before, and think that undermines how they treat her. That's the problem with having all of this continuity - it makes the "heroes" look like hypocrites and ironically, this was the issue that lead to Scarlet Witch's breakdown; the Avengers no longer knew how to look after each other and started to look for "quick fixes" rather than taking care of each others' emotional health.

I agree with you completely! Just look at how Agatha Harkness dealt with Wanda's pain upon losing her children: she simply erased her memories of them entirely and the rest of the Avengers kept their existence and demise a secret from her... until Disassembled. How did the X-Men want to deal with the threat of her sanity and growing powers? Kill her. I think the Avengers may have ended up siding with the X-Men had Wanda not warped reality into the House of M. The "heroes" barely tried to understand what she was going through in the first place and that's why this happened.

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By BKole

As i've seen written elsewhere - This was some horrible characterisation of the Vision and Wanda, and characteristic of Bendisation of the characters. Good job you can't piss of a nuke, because that's essentially what Vision did.

Very poor comics.

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thewidowsbite

@RiscazZ said:

My God..

Let's forgive the crazy lady for trying to wipe out everything with simply a thought of her mind.

Let's also forgive the Joker, and every other pal at Arkham while we're at it cuz, frankly, It's not them, it's the crazy people in their heads!!

And stop comparing everything with Magneto, D. Doom or even Jean, I mean, Magneto has is own reasoning behind what he does, D. Doom as well, and Jean, well lets say that it is the closest case to Wanda, but we all know what a peculiar love hat relation we all have with the Phoenix Force. Crazy is Crazy, is all about them seeking forgiveness for something that happened while they were crazed out with whatever was, but then sometime later we're going to be having this same discussion about Wanda again, and know she tried to do something ever worse and then again the motives or justifications grow reaaaaly thin. That's the point of mixing madness to the character, they WILL get whats coming to them because there's no way of knowing if the next craziness will end the life of those who even thought of forgiving her, or the life of many other innocent people.

And let's forget what made her crazy in the first place... losing her children and having her memories of them wiped from her mind and her beloved "friends" and so-called "heroes" keeping it from her. I know hella fanboys are going to be after my head for saying this but, the Avengers kinda got what was coming to them.

For the record: the Joker, everyone in Arkham, and pretty much any other crazy character in DC or Marvel has not had the things that was done to Wanda done to them. The damn sure did not have them done to them by their closest friends and extended family, So please don't insult the Scarlet Witch, a hero at the end of the day, by comparing her issues with that of psychopathic cold-blooded killers like the Joker.

eter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By eter

It would took time, but Wanda clearly deserve forgiveness. Besides many of the X-men or Avengers have done awfull things like her (maybe not in the same level) and it seemed that they are forgiven and even put in pedestals by some of their peers. Wanda wasn't in control of herself and I think that the Avengers should have worried for her after Janet threw the bomb to Wanda, maybe all this mess could have been avoided.

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#94  Edited By Xaviersx

Unless she's powerless, she's too powerful to not at least address civilly. Forgive, that's on the individual, forget, don't it'll repeat history, but unless you have the time machine cranked up to her next action, you have to keep your friends close and your potential world altering mind fractured on again off again teammates closer. Either way, you'll probably not see what the writer has coming up behind them.

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95  Edited By 00 Raiser

Yes she does need to be held responsible for her actions. She killed a lot of mutants in a sense in the aftermath of M-Day.

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
    thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By thenexusrebound

I wonder if we can easily dismiss her actions though. Yes, she lost her children but to betray your friends and commit genocide on a people? It is interesting that a cultural bias that females aren't given even punishment because they are female. If this had been a male hero there would be swift 'justice' given. I mean I think back to civil war and what they did to Speedball. I think what she has done is hard to forgive and forget.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By blastaar

Burn her at the stake. She doesn't deserve to live. She's a criminal and should be tried for genocide. No judge, no jury...straight to the executioner. Maybe Wolverine can deliver the death blow. That would be awesome!

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Or35ti

That's a pretty hard thing to forgive. At least put her on some kind of really strict probation or something for a little while.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#99  Edited By Darkmount1

If anything, she should hold herself accountable because she LET herself lose control, she LET her emotions get the better of her. As for the thing about heroes being compromised, maybe they should all take one of those self-hypnosis classes that could help them from being influenced. People do that all the time to try and lose weight, right?

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Daycrawler

@White Mage said:

Nobody forgave anything since Phoenix, as you state, was not Jean but a cosmic entity. Jean didn't need to be forgiven as she'd done nothing wrong. She hadn't even been possessed like Wanda. Not a valid comparison imo.

Wanda was, potentially still is, a mentally disturbed reality altering mutant that nearly screwed up an entire planet and almost wiped out the mutant race. This far exceeds anything that 'reformed' villians like Magneto have actually ever achieved (which doesn't mean I agree with the leniency with which they've been treated with btw). Also, the question still surely remains - Is everyone ABSOLUTELY sure it can't/won't happen again? Magic and how it works can be a very tricky and unpredictable thing! For me that's the beauty of the whole setup from a story-telling point of view. Wanda could still have her powers and be playing some sort of warped game, or the powers/sanity issues are actually lying dormant waiting for the right trigger. There could be any number of valid reasons that she is or still can be a huge world-destroying threat. I think that the magnitude of what she did coupled with the room for doubt that she was possessed and the potential that it could happen again makes it very easy for people not to be able to forgive.

Perhaps she should be forgiven, but she certainly shouldn't be walking around a free person or be allowed to rejoin the Avengers. She should be in prison or under controlled observation at the very least. Put it this way, if an insane person stabs someone and later claims to have regained their senses, they may be forgiven but there still not going to be a free person.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.