Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4410 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Off My Mind: Should Scarlet Witch Be a Hero or Villain?

• 141 results
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Moonleming said:
    @SC: I'd make a few arguements for difference between Dark Phoenix and Scarlet Witch
    1- Proximity. 

"In Germany, they first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then, they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew … Then they came for the Catholics. I didn't speak up then because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak up. "– Reverend Martin Niemoller, German Lutheran pastor arrested by the Gestapo in 1937.

Jean killed billions of faceless beings far away in space.  Not saying its right but it's abstract enough to float somewhat.

2 -Extenuating circumstances.  She was bonded with something greater then herself. Her rage was triggered after outside forces had been manipulating her mind compromising her normally sane mind.  She was essentially pushed into losing it. She thought Cyclops was dead and her perception of reality was completely out of whack because of the Hellfire  Club and Mastermind

3 - A sentient cosmic force overwhelmed her - these thing have been know to happen just ask Hal Jordan.

Over all I feel that Jean has at least a stronger case to say - it wasn't me and here's why. Jean was otherwise a fairly stable individual driven beyond her capacity by outside forces. Wanda appears to be unstable and have her finger on the history erase button.

Sure, thats great, details make all the difference in the world, especially to me. Except the argument to your arguments, is that usually no one cares. The casual people, the peoples whose money matters. They buy into the narrative.  If Marvel wants Scarlet Witch back as a hero, they get her back as hero. Even though their are differences between her and Jean, because of course, the Jean example is just to show what readers will buy into and believe, and how story tellers can switch back and forth to tell a story. So your arguments are from a personal, individual level. So do you understand what I mean? Maybe it would break your suspension of belief? I actually know some X-Men fans who are bitter at what happened with and to Jean and they disregard a lot of her stories because they couldn't buy what happened to her lol 

For me, personally Wanda has a stronger case, because I know that she was not even the first choice of catalyst for writer Brian Michael Bendis. Catalyst you say? Marvel just needed a plot device/character device to disassemble the Avengers so Avengers could get a major roster restructure and mutants could be trimmed. These don't exactly sound like issues characters can face, and if Wanda was second choice it means any Marvel character including all the peoples favorites in this thread who want them as heroes could have potentially been chosen. Chthon decides to use <insert name here> as a tool to... 

So like you, i can see what the differences between Jean and Wanda are, but as I pointed out in a previous post, there are in story arguments? Then creative decision arguments. One controls the other. Then there are individual arguments vs general arguments. A lot of the reasons you also apply to Jean, apply to Wanda as well or are unknown at this point. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:
    @SC said:
    I do know (this is a general point, not intended to anyone in particular) that Jean Grey killed billions more sentient people when she went Dark Phoenix, and she of course was welcomes back as a hero, because her actions were made justifiable (wasn't really her fault, and etc etc) and there was stuff with retcons that in essence... it was complicated but main point is character killed, character came back and was treated as hero by characters and fans. So I am not sure I understand those who think its impossible for Wanda to be redeemed. Question it? Sure, that makes sense. 
    But that wasn't Jean Grey. That was the Phoenix Force masquerading in a physical body resembling Jean's in all respects. The Fantastic Four found Jean in the energy cocoon beneath the Hudson River. Essentially, it wasn't Jean who killed all of those beings, so she was innocent.

That was a retcon (to a retcon, to a retcon?). My point isn't what's in continuity, my point isn't an in-story argument, its what fans are sold and what fans buy. If the Phoenix Force was genetically Jean on every level, and had all her memories, and thought it was Jean, then Jean would have acted differently how? Writers had to go back and forward with such creative decisions trying to sell Jean coming back as a hero. So to you, she was innocent, I take it to you Wanda is not innocent? Well, to me, Wanda and Jean are innocent, as the story is sold to me, and what limited knowledge I know of the creative decisions, and if Marvel wants both seen to be innocent? Then chances are thats the narrative the money is going to buy. Oh, fans, not money. lol 
    DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

Wait is she dead? or has she just not been used?

Avatar image for crowingaboutcomics
    Crowingaboutcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always loved the character of Scarlet Witch, and always wanted her to hook up with the X-Men...(Same with Franklin Richards) but I really dont' see any hints of it...the new X-Men storyline Schism, doesn't mention any mutants returning, and you know Marvel would capitalize on that, furthermore I think the X-Men storylines with Hope and the helping of the "lights" - is going to continue into the immediate future.  That said, I think the Omega power level of mutants need to be addressed and I think Scarlet Witch is an excellent one to investigate it.  As people have said, she's "clinically insane" - which somewhat absolves her of the guilt over the de-powering of mutants, but of course, like another poster commented, that's akin to genocide, so that is hard to "absolve."  I like the idea of her becoming a traveling witch (incredibly de-powered) but with the ability to return former de-powered mutants thier original abilities, under the right writer it could evoke some great storylines. 
    Elo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Elo

I prefer she come back as a villain or not at all.

I don’t care for heroes with her power set and only tolerate villains with it.    
    KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By KJPPPimp

Has a new Sorcerer Supreme been chosen since Brother Voodoo died? If not, why not have Doctor Strange play a teacher/psychiatrist role training Scarlet Witch for the job? Seems like the perfect job for a nexus being like Wanda.

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

Personally I think she gets too much lee way(not sure that's right).. Slit her throat...
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#108  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @DMC said:
    @Hawkeye446 said:
    Yes, Yes, YES! Bring Back Wanda to the home team, and put her back on the Avengers! Finally something good to come from Bendis' run.. If it actually happened...
    Bendis run? Sure he started it with Disassembled but Children's Crusade isn't his story (luckily). Where Wanda goes from here depends on where Heinberg leaves her.
    Ugh.. I was referring to Avengers Volume 4 which started May Last year. I know Heinberg rights Children's Crusade, I am reading it (and enjoying it). And yes; it is up to Heinberg, but of course this is all hypothetical anyway, so I am saying "if" she is returned to all her former glory, then something good will come out of Bendis' Avengers (again referring to the current series). Although, he will probably just make her crazy again. *sigh*

@HexThis said:
    Why is it that people so easily classify her actions as being "evil"?Her powers expanded past the point of manageability, her perception of reality had been largely destabilized by the time House of M came along. For a long time Wanda had been losing grasp of not only her powers but her sanity and for a person who is potentially schizophrenic or even just, in the broad sense, insane and they also happen to be able to alter their own reality who's to say what is intentional or not in their actions? By the time the Avengers confronted her and Cap tried to talk sense to her, Wanda was being spoken to by representations of her sons who were both telling her different things. Unlike the average mentally ill person her delusions could become solid, they could act on her behalf. It's very far from some cunning, brilliant, malicious plot for world domination.    Also, when she said "No More Mutants" she was so buried deep in psychosis Emma could barely even read her mind and she'd just witnessed her father brutally murder her brother....
    I KNOW! I am getting annoyed at people keep repeating "she is so evil, let her die!" Ughhh... Great post on your behalf may I say.
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @SC said:

For me, personally Wanda has a stronger case, because I know that she was not even the first choice of catalyst for writer Brian Michael Bendis. Catalyst you say? Marvel just needed a plot device/character device to disassemble the Avengers so Avengers could get a major roster restructure and mutants could be trimmed. These don't exactly sound like issues characters can face, and if Wanda was second choice it means any Marvel character including all the peoples favorites in this thread who want them as heroes could have potentially been chosen. Chthon decides to use <insert name here> as a tool to... 
    You will make me cry... Well you won't, I am in to good a mood, but I know your right. THIS ^ is what angers me most. SO many hate her, but it is how Marvel and Bendis have utilised her like they do every character. However, I loved Avengers Disassembled, and Bendis did great writing on it, so why can't people just embrace the story, instead of singularly targeting her. Anyway, I could do an SC worthy quote about now.. eh...

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ssejllenrad

Hero or villain... she's haaawt!!!! :D

Seriously, is there really such a thing as "too late to atone" kinda BS in comics?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said: 

You will make me cry... Well you won't, I am in to good a mood, but I know your right. THIS ^ is what angers me most. SO many hate her, but it is how Marvel and Bendis have utilised her like they do every character. However, I loved Avengers Disassembled, and Bendis did great writing on it, so why can't people just embrace the story, instead of singularly targeting her. Anyway, I could do an SC worthy quote about now.. eh...

Awwh oops? Oh yeah, yeah see you know what I mean. That was why the story was so emotionally poignant, I liked House of M and Avengers Disassembled as well. It had lots of weird moments, like that Janet and Wanda moment? Uhm, Wanda already knew, and like another poster mentioned, Wanda had already dealt with a lot of the whole twins deal. Then the bit about Chaos Magic. That being said Bendis didn't write her as a villain and thats why that situation was so hard and emotional for the Avengers to deal with. It was like a double whammy with Civil War as well. Its why they were so relieved with Skrull Invasion. Avengers have been hard on Wanda and they have been hard on themselves, because many of them, like many X-Men, have that amazing human quality to ask what if? What if we went to Wanda early and recognized her emotional turmoil. All my favorite characters at various points have been guilty of poor decisions and actions, but for many the consequences are written to be less, but as far as how it bears on the responsibility of the person? Its a discretion thing. Thor went crazy once and almost killed a bunch of über powerful characters. If he had went crazy on Earth he would have probably killed much weaker characters by the dozen with every hammer throw. What about Reed and Iron Man and Bill Foster?  Excuses and justifications come out. Of course Wanda's consequences are greater than say Iron Man and Reeds, then again, Reed and Tony had full mental faculty with their decisions, hell even Wolverine when he decided to punish Rachel when Rachel went to kill Selene who has killed far more people than Wanda was fully aware of his actions. What's his excuse? (justification? X-Men don't kill... except when I do it) ((of course thats why I like Wolverine, he is a short, furry, flawed, aggressive, hypocrite) 
    So I think thats pretty much why and how we have different people targeting and then those that don't. Its about how we interpret her actions and Marvel is being purposefully vague about whether she is to blame or not, and to what extent her blame (because she has a small part to pay, depending on what we look at, of course, just like a lot of characters hold themselves accountable for their fallings but up to a certain extent (Xavier and Onslaught i just remembered). Though this whole thing sort of echoes of blame the victim mentality I thoroughly dislike. The way the Avengers are suppose to act to me, would have meant no more Disassembled or House of M, or Siege. Team members are suppose to look after their own, physically and emotionally and all are guilty of snapping at some point in their career. I pointed out Thor, another poster pointed out Ironman, Pym and Reed and Spider-man have hit spouses (lol I wrote hot initially) 

Plus to address power levels, we already know she won't come back that powerful unless Marvel want to make her like a Spectre type character. She didn't get boosted to those powers levels in House of M, because thats how her powers were going to organically evolve, or because it improved her as a character, it was done for company wide creative plot reasons. Marvel plans on culling Avengers or Cosmic characters next? Scarlet Witch is one of the best examples of a character used as a deus ex machina. 

Sorry mini rant Hawkeye =p I agree with you! I don't get what you mean with the last part though? *looks confused*
    kamionero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By kamionero

I think she's too powerful to be a team player again... and its not like Jean when it comes and goes w the Phoenix... this is all her... she needs to become a Dr. Strange or Hulk like character, a loner who is too powerful to mingle in the everyday meddling... 

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @SC said:
    @Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said: 

Awwh oops? Oh yeah, yeah see you know what I mean. That was why the story was so emotionally poignant, I liked House of M and Avengers Disassembled as well. It had lots of weird moments, like that Janet and Wanda moment? Uhm, Wanda already knew, and like another poster mentioned, Wanda had already dealt with a lot of the whole twins deal. Then the bit about Chaos Magic. That being said Bendis didn't write her as a villain and thats why that situation was so hard and emotional for the Avengers to deal with. It was like a double whammy with Civil War as well. Its why they were so relieved with Skrull Invasion. Avengers have been hard on Wanda and they have been hard on themselves, because many of them, like many X-Men, have that amazing human quality to ask what if? What if we went to Wanda early and recognized her emotional turmoil. All my favorite characters at various points have been guilty of poor decisions and actions, but for many the consequences are written to be less, but as far as how it bears on the responsibility of the person? Its a discretion thing. Thor went crazy once and almost killed a bunch of über powerful characters. If he had went crazy on Earth he would have probably killed much weaker characters by the dozen with every hammer throw. What about Reed and Iron Man and Bill Foster?  Excuses and justifications come out. Of course Wanda's consequences are greater than say Iron Man and Reeds, then again, Reed and Tony had full mental faculty with their decisions, hell even Wolverine when he decided to punish Rachel when Rachel went to kill Selene who has killed far more people than Wanda was fully aware of his actions. What's his excuse? (justification? X-Men don't kill... except when I do it) ((of course thats why I like Wolverine, he is a short, furry, flawed, aggressive, hypocrite)  So I think thats pretty much why and how we have different people targeting and then those that don't. Its about how we interpret her actions and Marvel is being purposefully vague about whether she is to blame or not, and to what extent her blame (because she has a small part to pay, depending on what we look at, of course, just like a lot of characters hold themselves accountable for their fallings but up to a certain extent (Xavier and Onslaught i just remembered). Though this whole thing sort of echoes of blame the victim mentality I thoroughly dislike. The way the Avengers are suppose to act to me, would have meant no more Disassembled or House of M, or Siege. Team members are suppose to look after their own, physically and emotionally and all are guilty of snapping at some point in their career. I pointed out Thor, another poster pointed out Ironman, Pym and Reed and Spider-man have hit spouses (lol I wrote hot initially)  Plus to address power levels, we already know she won't come back that powerful unless Marvel want to make her like a Spectre type character. She didn't get boosted to those powers levels in House of M, because thats how her powers were going to organically evolve, or because it improved her as a character, it was done for company wide creative plot reasons. Marvel plans on culling Avengers or Cosmic characters next? Scarlet Witch is one of the best examples of a character used as a deus ex machina.  Sorry mini rant Hawkeye =p I agree with you! I don't get what you mean with the last part though? *looks confused*

I know your agreeing with me :P And don't worry about the rant, that's what I was talking about in the last sentence.. I mis-wrote it.. Meant to say, this is an SC worthy rant.. Anyway, with the bold.. I am going to cry again... *sigh* 
    Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

This should not even be a question about this. Wanda's absence has been way to long and handled badly to begin with. 

She is a hero, and always had the heart of a hero and needs to be returned as hero and nothing less
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Hawkeye446 said:
    Anyway, with the bold.. I am going to cry again... *sigh* 

Ah maybe this might cheer you up! Now I am a Ms Marvel fan, but imagine if she didn't attack and abuse a poor defenseless Inhuman and hit like a nuclear reactor causing it to explode killing more people than Nitro? "Don't need control got power see" in fact unnaturally amp up and hero character in Marvel to Universe level reality warping and see how long they go before screwing up. Pssht.

(Poor Lockjaw)

Girls Gone Wild XVII: Superheroes  
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: I don't think Wanda is completely guilt or innocent. She had some awareness of what she was doing at times but was fragile enough to not control it. In some ways, she was a victim of her powers. If they needed to retcon it, it would be easy to say Chthon or some Elder God was acting through her. But, especially during the start of the House of M arc where she is weeping and Pietro is with her, she acknowledges that she killed the Avengers (implying she was out of control) but, especially towards the conclusion, it really seemed that she made conscious decisions and they were just ideas that her brother convinced her to act on. This is why it's hard to really put her in the same category as Jean - retcon or not, during the last battle Jean was horrified by what she had done while overwhelmed by the power of the Phoenix. I'm not sure we ever saw this response from Wanda (I haven't read "The Children's Crusade, yet, so perhaps it happens in there) in regards to M Day. She was upset that she killed Avengers, but later on, she killed Hawkeye again when Stephen Strange confronted her, and she didn't seem too bothered since her powers could be used to bring him back. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:
    @SC: I don't think Wanda is completely guilt or innocent. She had some awareness of what she was doing at times but was fragile enough to not control it. In some ways, she was a victim of her powers. If they needed to retcon it, it would be easy to say Chthon or some Elder God was acting through her. But, especially during the start of the House of M arc where she is weeping and Pietro is with her, she acknowledges that she killed the Avengers (implying she was out of control) but, especially towards the conclusion, it really seemed that she made conscious decisions and they were just ideas that her brother convinced her to act on. This is why it's hard to really put her in the same category as Jean - retcon or not, during the last battle Jean was horrified by what she had done while overwhelmed by the power of the Phoenix. I'm not sure we ever saw this response from Wanda (I haven't read "The Children's Crusade, yet, so perhaps it happens in there) in regards to M Day. She was upset that she killed Avengers, but later on, she killed Hawkeye again when Stephen Strange confronted her, and she didn't seem too bothered since her powers could be used to bring him back. 

I don't think its technically possible for her to be completely innocent or guilty is it? There is going to be some crossover. For me, she is more innocent because I don't know the specifics, not only that the writers are being tight lipped. Again to me, your applied the in story reality here (when the creative decisions behind the character is what I have been making point of), also, like when you reference Wanda and her thoughts and words in the (all) aftermath, was she of sound mind? In real life, people have been known to confessing for crimes they did not actually do, but feel at fault for. I think its an assumption to think she made conscious decisions to the effect I assuming you mean. Thats why its not hard at all to put her in the same category as Jean, unless one is using their own personal discretion. To me its in character that Wanda be horrified, so again, are you saying that to you Wanda being horrified by her actions goes someway to redeeming her? The example you give you seem of the mind that Wanda was acting consciously, in control of her mental faculties and lucid correct? With the Strange and Hawkeye reference? To me she had snapped and was still "crazy" and out of it. I believe writers have said as much as well. Now if I were to go with your understanding, well I'd agree with your assessment, but I haven't been shown that to be the case? So you understand why I hold my stance. 
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: I definitely understand your stance and I'm not necessarily trying to debate you on this. I don't think either of us are right or wrong. I think it would be interesting to have a strong writer take this character and really give her a personality and motivations; I see a lot of potential in the storyline, which is why I don't think she should just forgive and re-join the Avengers - she could very well be an example of a Post-Morality character who embraces the unintended consequences of her powers. Not likely, but it would be interesting to have her really live up to the 'Witch' part of her name.

BTW she was always one of my favorite characters - I always had her in my party during X-Men Legends 2, and I like the idea of the hex bolt. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PhoenixoftheTides:  Ah indeed! Exactly! Thank you ^_^

I don't consider there to be a right or wrong here either, more like a creative decision Marvel will either have to make, or just clarify as time goes on. Since I liked the character as a hero before, eh, I sort of want her to carry on being a hero, especially given how poorly Marvel has treated characters with mental health issues in last couple of years. Its far more interesting for me to have one rise in redemption and demonstrate that people can bounce back. That being said, I can see how creatively there is potential for the dark side. 

Yeah that was a great game! I still need to play MUA 2! 0_0
    arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By arcano_19

i will have to write this again .... is the phoenix effect    she is now too powerful to come back

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#121  Edited By Blackreverend
    @arcano_19: I agree.

What would be awesome is if the Avengers Illuminati found a way to decrease her powers... which once finding out the truth would make her turn into a villain hell bent on restoring them!

What do you think?
    caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#122  Edited By caladbolglight

JOIN THE NEW AVENGERS, PLEASE? But have Luke Cage HATE her, due to all the bad stuff. Think about it, it would be the perfect place for her. Thunderbolts is a team with too much grit for her, but the Extradimensional response team is perfect for her magic based powers :)

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By GREGalicious

I say bring her on back. Wanda has never truly been an evil or malicious character, but her mental state is questionable at best since the loss of her children.

Now that the children are alive again (in soul anyway), maybe things will look up for her but she should never be made a villain.

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Polaris have really taken some trips to CRAZYTOWN, but i wouldnt expect anything less from Magneto's kids (lol).

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
    Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Make her the new Sorcerer Supreme!
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @SC said:
    @Hawkeye446 said:
    Anyway, with the bold.. I am going to cry again... *sigh* 

Ah maybe this might cheer you up! Now I am a Ms Marvel fan, but imagine if she didn't attack and abuse a poor defenseless Inhuman and hit like a nuclear reactor causing it to explode killing more people than Nitro? "Don't need control got power see" in fact unnaturally amp up and hero character in Marvel to Universe level reality warping and see how long they go before screwing up. Pssht.

(Poor Lockjaw)

That really did cheer me up.. Ah, the joy of Ms Marvel..
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#126  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I want her to go back to her simple good old 'probability altering' days, without her being like, major overpowered.  XD 
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By TheHT

I'm with Wolverine on this one.

nick7913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By nick7913

Have Wanda bring back the mutants! I think the top heads at Marvel messed up big time with their handling of the X-Men. They missed a big opportunity handed to them by Grant Morrison to make the comic relevant once more. X-Men has been a comment on racism since its first issue and with the global population of mutants numbering in the millions we could see deeper, more mature storylines that just aren't possible when mutants are a tiny fringe group. The X-titles have been in a rut ever since and no one is quite sure what direction is the right one. Just give the title to someone who will shake things up. The whole Scott scowling at Logan thing has gotten really old, as has the "turn Xavier's best schoolboy into a ruthless @$$hole." Give us something All-New, All Different.

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Iron_Lad

If they're not going to scale back her powers then they should at least make her the Sorceress Supreme. Since Brother Voodoo could not last more than 2 issues in that role and Dr. Strange is a hack now. Just give the title to Wanda. I think it would be a good fit for her, provided that she receives the proper training of course.

ZaberCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 27

#130  Edited By ZaberCat

Part of me wanted Scarlet Witch to be evil. Another part of me wanted Scarlet Witch to be good. She better be dead making everyone aware of how dangerous she could possibly do a lot of damages on the world. (Evil grins)

savri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131  Edited By savri

I would agree that she should be a team player with the Avengers, but she is too powerful, as some have pointed out. It would be great to have her back on the team but she needs to be dulled down some. We have all seen some accidents happen in the comic book world. She needs to meet up with one, and be humbled some.  
    That right their would be the writing for the first eight books!!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#132  Edited By Timandm

I can't imagine her ever really being a villain...

She HAS been brought back.  I can't help but wonder exactly HOW she's going to try and make-up for what she did.  We know she wasn't exactly sane at the time, but now that she is (or at least we hope) what's to be done?

Seriously, millions of lives were changed.  thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of lives were LOST.  Many of those who went through 'House of M' suffered, for example, Spider-Man who is now tortured with the memories of being Married to Gwen Stacy and having a son...

So...What's to be done...  I can imagine a Scarlet Witch series in which she goes about trying to right the wrongs that she can.  Perhaps one life at a time....  That actually would be quite interesting.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By arcano_19
    @Blackreverend: she is too powerful for that, one thing they could do is give an explanation about what happened in disassembled and house of m, was wanda under very very special circumstances and she was not all powerful after that
    thespencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By thespencer

RE earlier posts about  not liking Bendis- Not sure why?! I like him, I think he's good, is a talented writer actually.  really enjoyed most of his work. 

as far as Wanda is concerned, I'd say bring her back!! she's great, a great hero, she just had a mental breakdown, made a really interesting story, House of M is an amazing miniseries! now its time to bring her back and see how all the different characters rebuild their trust in her.. i kinda think that Wolverine and her should have it out all ending with him being one of her biggest allies just as he was so ready to kill her with a snap!

DK47501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DK47501

I love Wanda. Of course she needs to come back. The Scarlet Witch is one of Marvel's best characters.  I want her latest villainies to be Loki, not Wanda.

The Avengers just are not the Avengers without her. Need to bring back the Vision too. He's the heart and soul of the Avengers, like the Martian Manhunter is for the JLA. While I'm at it we need Quicksilver, Goliath and the Wasp back as well.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TheHT

That last image reminds me of a page from Bloodties of Exodus.

Renegade_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Renegade_X

Honestly, I never really saw her as a villain. Yeah, I know, it sounds a little farfetched, but it's more so loss of control! And even with the brotherhood she never gave off that vibe of super villain. But being an Avenger again? it's a little too soon. I kind of would like to see her as the Sorceress Supreme. Let her finally have control of her powers for once. And as you said, in the comic book world, everyone has been on both sides of the law. whether it was in the mainstream or in an alternate universe. So holding her past against her isn't really a good idea. But they can still be skeptical. I'd say give her a chance.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#138  Edited By Blood1991

Poor Wnda is unfortunetly the next Jean Grey if they bring her back it will ultimately be a plot device to fix their future mistakes.
    Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hero

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This has aged interestingly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.