No more mutants.

#1 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
Since the Scarlet Witch is the daughter of Magneto, and he is pro-mutant, shouldn't he be upset with his daughter?

With those few words, "No more mutants."  She depowered Magneto, her brother, Quicksilver, her half-sister Polaris and many others. Leading to many deaths.

Why hasn't Marvel shown any resentment by Magneto to his daughter and her actions?

Can she ever be forgiven?

Marvel needs to have a storyline, "The Trial of the Scarlet Witch."
#2 Posted by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason Magneto doesn't resent his daughter is because he realizes it was his own actions that led her to say  "No more mutants." Excalibur vol. 3 highlighted Magneto's guilt at not being more of a father for his children and I'm sure that guilt only got worse after Wanda's meltdown in House of M which led to Decimation.

#3 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
xscarletkittie said:
"I think the reason Magneto doesn't resent his daughter is because he realizes it was his own actions that led her to say  "No more mutants." Excalibur vol. 3 highlighted Magneto's guilt at not being more of a father for his children and I'm sure that guilt only got worse after Wanda's meltdown in House of M which led to Decimation."
Took the words outta my mouth
#4 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio

As soon as someone, anyone, helps her get her memories back, she'll be back on the stage. Go, Witch!

#5 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if after they figure out how to return mutants powers...they find they have to go from person to person and repower them one at a time...I'm reasonably certain they'll give Wanda a miss. Let's face it...she's WAY to dangerious to repower intentionally. Worst of all, she's also mentally unbalenced as hell, and can't be trusted to not say "No More Mutants..." again. Or, for that matter "No More Humans..."

But - just to be clear - the whole "No more mutants" idea was stupid as hell. For a guy who claims to hate DC Comics, Joe Q is perfectly willing to use the DC "Crisis" idea. M-Day, Brand New Day, and so on. Have a problem that you can't solve in story? Just WISH it all away...like a big, stupid and uncreative mook.

Sorry. I'm bitter. I have my reasons.

#6 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio
@John_Feaster said:
"   Well, if after they figure out how to return mutants powers...they find they have to go from person to person and repower them one at a time...I'm reasonably certain they'll give Wanda a miss. Let's face it...she's WAY to dangerious to repower intentionally. Worst of all, she's also mentally unbalenced as hell, and can't be trusted to not say "No More Mutants..." again. Or, for that matter "No More Humans..."   But - just to be clear - the whole "No more mutants" idea was stupid as hell. For a guy who claims to hate DC Comics, Joe Q is perfectly willing to use the DC "Crisis" idea. M-Day, Brand New Day, and so on. Have a problem that you can't solve in story? Just WISH it all away...like a big, stupid and uncreative mook.   Sorry. I'm bitter. I have my reasons. "

A lot of people didn't seem to happy with Wanda's House of M arc in general, but her return is in question. If they bring her character back full frontal (no pun intended) then we're in for another destruction fest. Also, exactly how do they intend to bring her back is even more complicated. Pietro, again? Nuh uh.
#7 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep-up with "Mighty Avengers" and "Uncanny X-Men" for answers about Scarlet Witch and Magneto, from all reports I've read. Loki is currently posing as Wanda on the Avengers team, and Fraction said Mags is up for a huge return shortly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.