Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4412 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Has the ability to give individual mutants their powers back...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

and yet she stopped after she gave Rictor his back?

What's the deal? You would think that she would be trying her best to make up for what she's done right? Instead she gives Rictor his powers back and that's enough for her?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lykopis

For all the excitement around the reversal of M-Day, the writers are really dropping the ball here I think. No mention of former mutants getting their powers back -- just new mutants? I have so many questions and nothing is out there in the Marvel Universe to answer any of them. Unless I am really missing something here. :/

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

@danhimself: @lykopis: No it was explained pretty clearly. Wanda was not able to do the things she did with M-Day before she got the life force inside of her. She was going to help give the mutants their powers back, but she lost the life force power to doom. Sense then she has showed to still be very powerful, but still in control unlike when the life force was in her. Her power boost was probably a byproduct of having the life force in her for a while. Because of the way her hex powers work she can't undo a hex she created while she had the the life force power in her unless she has the life force power in her. The phoenix force is not quite the same but is very similar to the life force energy if you think about it. At the end of AvX Hope and Wanda mixed Wanda's powers with the Phoenix to act as a stand in for the life force power. So the X-Gene is now restarted. Weather all of the mutants that lost their powers will get them back still remains to be seen though.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blastaar

@lykopis:

Exactly, what happened to all of the Mutants who lost their powers after M-Day? Did they get them back? Not even one former Mutant has gotten his/her power back in the wake of AvX. This has me scratching my head.

I would also like to know definitively whether or not Dr. Doom was behind Avengers Disassembled, M-Day, etc etc..It was hinted in Avengers: The Children's Crusade that it was Doom who had manipulated Wanda into causing all of that chaos. Clearly to me it seemed as if Doom hinted that it was all part of his plan. I wonder if the writers will ever explain this. I don't want them to ignore this by giving some lame explanation like, "Well, Doom is evil and always scheming anyway. No big deal." Yes, it is a big deal and Doom should be held accountable, not the Scarlet Witch, but no one is pointing fingers at Dr. Doom at this time.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teerack

@blastaar: The skrulls were the ones behind Disassemble, and Doom was behind M-Day but it wasn't his plan.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blastaar

@Teerack:

How were the Skrulls behind Disassembled? If I remember correctly the Scarlet Witch went mad and all hell broke loose. How are you sure Doom didn't plan Avengers Disassembled and M-Day?

Avengers: The Children's Crusade #8
    Avengers: The Children's Crusade #8

He basically admitted that it was his doing that caused the events mentioned above, yet there's no one blaming him for it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teerack

@blastaar: I have a hard time thinking Doom wouldn't come out and take credit for M-Day if it was his plan, but yeah i guess technically it was his fault. And disregard the skrulls, they were responsible for reassemble not disassemble. I remembered it wrong.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

@Teerack said:

@danhimself: @lykopis: No it was explained pretty clearly. Wanda was not able to do the things she did with M-Day before she got the life force inside of her. She was going to help give the mutants their powers back, but she lost the life force power to doom. Sense then she has showed to still be very powerful, but still in control unlike when the life force was in her. Her power boost was probably a byproduct of having the life force in her for a while. Because of the way her hex powers work she can't undo a hex she created while she had the the life force power in her unless she has the life force power in her. The phoenix force is not quite the same but is very similar to the life force energy if you think about it. At the end of AvX Hope and Wanda mixed Wanda's powers with the Phoenix to act as a stand in for the life force power. So the X-Gene is now restarted. Weather all of the mutants that lost their powers will get them back still remains to be seen though.

Fingers crossed some of our favourites show up in the near future.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

@Teerack said:

I was under the impression that while she can't just reverse the spell outright she can however reverse it on an individual case like she did with Rictor

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teerack

@danhimself: She was only able to do it for Rictor because she had the life force in her. That's why her and young avengers freaked out when Doom took the power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.