Fresh start New Outfit?

#1 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

With all that has happened to Wanda she is trying to start fresh and make up for all that she has done. I think she needs a new outfit. How long has she been sporting this costume? She needs something different she is more covered up than Rogue. Keep some of the Scarlet of course but a new design for a new witch please.

#2 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888 said:

With all that has happened to Wanda she is trying to start fresh and make up for all that she has done. I think she needs a new outfit. How long has she been sporting this costume? She needs something different she is more covered up than Rogue. Keep some of the Scarlet of course but a new design for a new witch please.

I agree.

#3 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888: I agree, except unless If I am misinterpreting what you are saying you want her to be more revealing. I don't think she needs to be more revealing.

#4 Posted by Peerless1 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowX: She needs to be more updated and Modernized. Her current costume seems dated. She needs something sleeker and streamlined. Lose the cape, even the "gulp" wimple at least for a while. I'm seeing scarlet and deep burgundy, leather accents, not in the S&M way, but a modern way--something like the Mood Sith from that TV series.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12977 posts) - - Show Bio
@Peerless1: like this??

Earth-1610 Ultimate
#6 Posted by Peerless1 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: More like this

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12977 posts) - - Show Bio
@Peerless1: aahh...the women from Seeker, I could see it happening
#8 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowX: I was just making an observation on how much she is covered up. Its just time for a new look especially with how long she has been out of the loop.

#9 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888: Which also implies you want to wear a more revealing outfit. I agree with a change of outfit, but i don't think how much she is being covered up is the problem.

#10 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowX: some short sleeves or no tights maybe but it was just an observation on how outdated her outfit is. At least Rogue has an excuse for covering up. But reguardless its time for a new look.

#11 Posted by Aeroman (508 posts) - - Show Bio

How about the outfit she wore in force works

#12 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

i think her "dark" look would be good...

#13 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please yes. Her look is so dated. I think she needs a complete redesign.

#14 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

The gloves in the "Dark look" no thank you but I do like the rest. I never liked the headband thing though on her or Storm. Although Storm pulls it off better with the Goddess mentality.

#15 Edited by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Random input

Though i have to say i agree about not being too provocatively dressed. Wouldn't want Wiccan, Speed, or Quicksilver to have a conniption from seeing their mother/sister dressed revealingly

#16 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@AqwaGaurdian: Whats this pic from? New?

#17 Posted by Protoon (99 posts) - - Show Bio

There's always the look George Perez gave her...

I have a soft spot for it. I'm not exactly an expert on Wanda, but I enjoyed her a lot in the Busiek/Perez stuff.

#18 Posted by Dernman (15234 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what I would like. For them to define her frakin powers already. What part is learned magic and what part is a mutant ability? What exactly is he mutant ability. 
Also make up your mind on whether chaos magic exists or not.

#19 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of always wanted her to ditch the headgear and go for a Red Riding Hood look with Victorian twist to it.

#20 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888: No idea really, just found it online while googling Scarlet Witch

Also came with this picture

I dont think its all new seeing as she says "husband" in the first one

#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

You know what I would like. For them to define her frakin powers already. What part is learned magic and what part is a mutant ability? What exactly is he mutant ability. Also make up your mind on whether chaos magic exists or not.

Because her powers have woven together to be a science/magic blend, you can pretty much bet that that probably won't be happening for a while....unfortunately......I can't even get them to tell me what Selene's mutant ability is.

#22 Posted by The Velvet Rabbit (262 posts) - - Show Bio

@AqwaGaurdian said:

Random input

Though i have to say i agree about not being too provocatively dressed. Wouldn't want Wiccan, Speed, or Quicksilver to have a conniption from seeing their mother/sister dressed revealingly

perhaps it's a bit childish of me, but I couldn't help but giggle when I saw her double-D cleavage sticking out, accompanied by a text bubble saying, "relax, husband - I can contain them now."

:O

#23 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Velvet Rabbit: XD the random children in the background are obviously thinking the same thing

#24 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: I thought her mutant power was probability manipulation? Than she learned magic, turned out to be a nexus being, got fused with the Life force which allowed her to alter reality, than lost the Life force because of Patriot/Doom, and now she's just back to magic and probability.

Did i miss something?

#25 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@AqwaGaurdian: Arent they still married? Technically

#26 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888: technically, i don't think they are. He died right? Besides, he didnt seem all to happy with her in that one AvX comic 0 thing.

#27 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@AqwaGaurdian: I am not sure if death ends a marriage at least if you come back from the dead. Might have to start a forum on that one only under jean grey. either way I did like the outfit

#28 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888: But see, thats where i was confused. Did vision "come back from the dead" or was he rebuild? Or is there even a diffrence?

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (84990 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wanda's classic look and think she should keep it.

She rocks the look!

#30 Posted by OmegaHans (209 posts) - - Show Bio

She's one of the only Marvel girls that has such a vintage look like this left. KEEP IT, What, do you want her to strip her clothes off and look like everyone else? Give her some sort of ugly low cut pants? No, she has a trademark look all to her own and its unique and works for her.

#31 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio
@Peerless1 said:

@cattlebattle: More like this

Ahhh Legend of the Seeker... 

Your only highlight was Cara kicking ass.
#32 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

She's had several costumes over the years, but it seems the classic look is what she's going with now. Don't know if that choice is based on fan opinion or just artistic discretion.

#33 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (154 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaHans: I agree completely. Wanda's look is unique, and it makes her stand out.

#34 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

There's always her 1610 outfit that cap talked to her about IIRC it's also the one she wore when she got shot.

#35 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda liked this look for her, but I'm a sucker for red and black. Maybe update it abit, but I think it looks cool.

#36 Posted by beggar (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@AqwaGaurdian: This one looks great! Really hope they end up doing this soon, maybe during or at the end of AvX they will.

#37 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3585 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

i blame this thread for the relaunchs new costume design...why did you feel the need to poke the bear...

#39 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69:

You don't like the pants and corset with the silly tiara/crown thing?

#40 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

So long as some measure of fanservice stays

#41 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

The only time I like fanservice is in pictures that are meant to be used as poster art or for bikini images only. Her new look should look functional on a mission and in combat.

#42 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto has managed just fine with his redundancy

Like father, like daughter

#43 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

I kinda liked this look for her, but I'm a sucker for red and black. Maybe update it abit, but I think it looks cool.

I really liked this look as well, they can update it a little but I think it's more modern than her current bathing suit & cape look

#44 Posted by funkyfiction (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@leigh_rogue888: The pic is from Avengers Disassembled "What if" where the whole thing was a plan between her and Captain America, it's quite the interesting read. The husband she refers to is Captain America himself and the children in the background is the ones they had together, but I think that she just imagined them.

#45 Posted by AqwaGaurdian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, thought you all might find this intresting. Its the cover for the Uncanny Avengers scheduled to come out in October. Looks like she is getting an outfit change XD

#46 Posted by Misterkyle91 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre:

yeah, I think the hat is the major problem here. It has to go!

#47 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a more detailed look at the outfit. It appears to be more of a coat than a dress.

#48 Posted by HexThis (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Here's a more detailed look at the outfit. It appears to be more of a coat than a dress.

Oh hrm, it looked like a jumpsuit initially but now it's similar to Jean's in X3. I like it! But I actually wish it were shorter so she has some mobility in the legs. A girl needs to kick every once in a while!

#49 Posted by PowerHerc (84990 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, she doesn't need a new costume; she needs her old costume!

It's great!

Scarlet Witch - Sdeshow Maquette
Scarlet Witch - Sideshow Maquette
#50 Posted by HexThis (902 posts) - - Show Bio

That statue is hideous and silly. I'm the biggest Scarlet Witch fan and I wouldn't buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.