Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4406 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Forgotten?

AQD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AQD

From all the Scarlet Witch battle threads I've seen, people keep talking about how powerful she was during HoM, but they seem to have forgotten that she was a force to be reckoned with before all that. The Avengers usually relied on Wanda and Thor to end battles because they were the most powerful and she had luck on her side, thanks to her probability powers. If she got a hex right, she could pretty much do anything. She's KO'd Hulk before, sent She-Hulk flying, destroyed Ultron's force field, turned Jean's mental probe right back at her, summoned lighting etc. I do think that her reality warping feats are great, but she was powerful before that.

What do you think?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HexThis

It's very cut and dry with the battle threads and, generally speaking, women don't fare too well by irrational, stupid default.

That being said, you are right. Wanda was quite an asset to the Avengers beforehand, I suppose it's just the subtlety of her character that eludes most people. See, they allow Thor to be a physical combatant as well as a mage-sort of character which is something I think they should try to do more with Wanda.

One thing I can't stand is when characters with psionic or mystical powers just gesture from the sidelines. I mean, this is a woman who was taught to fight by not only the Master of Magnetism but Captain America, is there no way to incorporate that training with her hex powers?

I vote Hex Fisticuffs! 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

A lot of people don't realize just how powerful Wanda has always been, well before the 'House of M' mess.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

Wanda's powers are like an awesome loop hole for anything that randomly happens to win a fight :p So cha she a bad chick! Some stuff she does is a bit out there though XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.