Did she loose her powers

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

WOuld Scarlet Witch have lost her powers?

And if she said, "no more mutants" then why wasnt the entire mutant population wiped up? is that because they arent mutants? lol

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

its because in the comic book world nothing makes sense...

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldnt agree more....so if she did cause the reality warp, couldnt she reverse it? oh marvel

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda has supposedly lost her powers. As far as why didn't she wipe out the Mutant race completely there are several theories and or reasons. As you no doubt know many mutants lost there powers on the spot. But the real affect of, "No More Mutants" goes deeper then that. Wanda has never displayed the type of power she displayed right before, during, and the ending of House of M. Perhaps it was simply to much for her to accomplish. Until recently however it would appear that she was actually closer then realized. No mutants had been born after her spell (or reality warp) until Messiah Complex. So it would seem she had actually attacked the Mutant race on a genetic level as opposed to simply stripping them of there powers. There's still alot of unanswered questions as it pertains to Wanda. That chapter of the Marvel U is far from closed.

Dr.Strange and Beast have actually seen the fabric of the 616 Marvel U, and how Wanda's reality warping has ingrained itself into it. House of M was more then just an alternate reality, it was and is reality.

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

unless she warped it so that she couldn't warp it...or she was actually depowered

#6 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"I couldnt agree more....so if she did cause the reality warp, couldnt she reverse it? oh marvel"

Like my mind, Scarlet witches' magics are chaotic and hard to tell as to what can they do, one day they can destroy worlds, one day they can't even open a jar of mustard.

Cthulhu. Cthulhu.
Post Edited:2008-03-16 23:27:06

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats kinda what I said. She didn't just take mutants powers away, she took away the X-Gene. But as far as the baby is concerned there's no evidence that she was actually born. She could have just been created. cough like Layla in House of M cough :P

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

If i might add..the reason no more new mutants can be born is because her Decimation also "depowered" latent mutants so that they could no longer pass on their mutant gene...so really the Baby Mutant's father obviously survived the effects of M-Day

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats another character i want to Jump on...Layla Miller...what is her story, she seems to only "appear" when chaos is about to happen...i.e. House of M...Messiah Complex....and if Scarlet got rid of the "X-gene" how could Emma Frost have sheilded people from being affected with a simple psionic shield [its mentioned at the very end of house of M where Dr. Strange and Emma are conversing about how they help retain their powers].

#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. So i'm having a bit of trouble grasping the idea that a simple shield, magical or psychic, can prevent something that affected over 2 million [i think thats what the number was, i'm not sure though]

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

Layla was created by Wanda's own subconscious. After House of M she was with X-Factor. I believe Emma had help from Dr.Strange (but I could be wrong)

#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Layla Miller is suspected of being created by Scarlet Witch as a way for House of M to be saved...

as for Emma Frost, I'm sure she couldn't have, she just thought her shields are what did it

#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

...just go with Gambler's post

#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Oh. So i'm having a bit of trouble grasping the idea that a simple shield, magical or psychic, can prevent something that affected over 2 million [i think thats what the number was, i'm not sure though]"

the number ranges from 1 million to 16 million...

#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

1 million to 16 million? so can you see where i have a bit of problem where a little psychic shield can prevent someone from loosing their powers, ecspecially on a gentic level? I love Miss Frost, but she by no means is strong enough to accomplish a feat like that, even with the help of Dr. Strange

#17 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"1 million to 16 million? so can you see where i have a bit of problem where a little psychic shield can prevent someone from loosing their powers, ecspecially on a gentic level? I love Miss Frost, but she by no means is strong enough to accomplish a feat like that, even with the help of Dr. Strange"

Why not? Think of it this way. They where ready, they had protection (however limited it was) nobody else knew what was going on. They had no Psi Shields up, no magic aura surrounding them. They got hit with Wanda's manipulation full on and blindsided.

#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Because...She altered Life all over the world on a genetic level...i'm thinking about it as being able to survive an atomic bomb, by hiding behind a car.

#19 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"1 million to 16 million? so can you see where i have a bit of problem where a little psychic shield can prevent someone from loosing their powers, ecspecially on a gentic level? I love Miss Frost, but she by no means is strong enough to accomplish a feat like that, even with the help of Dr. Strange"

well then you must ask yourself, how did 300 mutants (most of them nowhere near capable of the things Frost can do) able to retain their X-Gene

#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Because...She altered Life all over the world on a genetic level...i'm thinking about it as being able to survive an atomic bomb, by hiding behind a car. "

how close are you to the atomic bomb?

#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and crew were about 10 feet max from it, so about the same

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Emma and crew were about 10 feet max from it, so about the same"

well like we agreed on earlier, comics don't make sense...they are simply meant to make us speculate so we'll buy more

in this case I have absolutely no guess to how it was possible...but then again I doubt Wanda's powers effected you based on your location in correspondence to her

it was a global, multiversal effect so the "survivors" should technically be random

#23 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda may not have been depowered. And Dr. Strange and Emma Frost probably did something when she was caster her final spell. Maybe they interfered somehow?

#24 Posted by Vulcanmax (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Could it be that Wanda, ever the picture of sanity, didn't target those within the shield(read purposely bypassed), while she was doing the grand scale re-conversion/stripping/warping. This is the same woman who placed Layla Miller in the world to unravel what she herself had created/warped and I am not even touching the fact that she got pregnant by Vision.

It's like your trying to make sense of something that isn't there to make sense off. The woman lost her grip on reality so many times and this time on a grander scale than ever before and she was fighting herself while doing it. It's the same reason Jean as Phoenix or vice-versa never just killed the X-men when she simply could do so with blink of an eye.

I don't think she ever lost her powers or stripped herself as it were. read endangered species. Her little conversation I found more than telling.
Post Edited:2008-03-21 18:46:39

#25 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

she probably didnt loose her powers but they are subconscious i hope thats the reason

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.