chroinkero's Scarlet Spider #5 - Pillar Of Fire review

Scarlet Spider #5

Writing 4.5/5

Christopher yet again makes a great issue. This one is completely self-containing. I would like to see a real story arc but if the stories continue to be as good as this one, I don't really mind. The problems that I had with the writing of this book were very small but nevertheless there. With this issue, they try to connect Scarlet Spider to the rest of the Marvel Universe using S.H.I.E.L.D, which comes off pretty forced. It is not terrible and is understandable but it feels unnecessary. In addition they have Iron Man in the issue which is cool, and gives a nice detour from the suspense of this story, but is also unnecessary. In the grand scheme of this issue, these are actually minor problems.

Art 4/5

The art for this book was pretty good. It was nothing great there were not many problems that I had with it. The faces from far away, and Kaine's face in general were odd. Also I am confused as to why the would have someone other that Ryan Stegman when his art has been going over so well and he is leaving after next issue. This doesn't mean that the art was bad, because it was good, but I am a little disappointed because of how good this book has been.

Cover 5/5

The cover was great. I thought it was very cool how it had the title and the creator names were faded by the bomb. There is not much that I can say about this cover, it was just great.

Decision 4.5/5

This issue of Scarlet Spider was very good but it is not QUITE at the quality of the previous issues, but very close. The writing and art of this book were both very good and the cover was excellent. I definitely recommend this issue and this series as a whole. It has been amazing and hopefully Stegman is back next issue for his last issue on this series.