thanosrules's Scarlet Spider #2 - After Life review

Just Five More Minutes

Highly Recommended!

I cannot say enough about this new series! It is fantastic. I love that it is in a new setting, and not afraid to call it out or even make light of the fact. This time there was no "Texas heat" humor, but that didn't mean it wasn't on fire! (pun intended) Kaine's struggle continues... should he stay, or should he go. Find out in this issue!

While I feel that the Salamander's appearance was somewhat fleeting, it did prove its point - Kaine has to willfully decide how "good" or "bad" he will be with each one of his actions. I appreciated the villain more for his place in the overall character development of our "Not-So-Friendly Neighborhood Bad A$$" rather than his formidable powers and destructive nature.

This is a fantastic book, from art to writing, cover to cover - Go pick it up today!

If you would like to see my Video Review, as well as my tribute to this book and Spider-Man, check it out below!

Other reviews for Scarlet Spider #2 - After Life

"Houston. Go figure." 0

Synopsis: Things get hotter in Houston as Kaine takes on Salamander.Oh, Kaine. With your new lease on life, why run away from your responsibility?There's something fascinating about Chris Yost's approach to handling Kaine as Scarlet Spider. It's edgy, and I like that. Kaine wants to start over now that he has a chance to yet, he's compelled to help others. With Peter, I always love the internal monologues in his head which helps build up his character, and it works the same way with Kaine on a d...

(NOT) Spider-man to the rescue 0

Last month, issue #1 of the Scarlet spider came out, and I have to admit I was impressed. Chris Yost managed to introduce a solid character, give us his back story, and his motivations (and in some cases, the lack-thereof) and made an interesting anti-hero as he comes to grips with the freedom he won after so much suffering, though I do wish he kept that awesome beard. Issue #2 continues to deliver, though it serves mainly as a means to wrap up what was already introduced last time than introduc...