strider92's Scarlet Spider #15 - In the Midst of Wolves Part 3 review

Lines were crossed!

The Good:

Yost continues his amazing storytelling in this issue and brings out the bada$$ side of the "Other" that we should have seen in Spider-man and didn't. The issue was as usual well written and finished on a cliff-hanger teasing whats next in store for Kaine. It was good to see things from Aracely's perspective as well. The fight that went down here as promised was brutal with Scarlet Spider tearing into his opponents (literally).

The Bad:

Khoi Pham's art while a major improvement on the last issue was still lacking slightly but over-all he did a good job. Not great but good enough.

The Verdict:

This would have gotten the full 5 stars had Khoi been on his top game as the story and portrayal of the characters in this was great as was the brutally portrayed fight scene. However while good it wasn't great thus it gets 4 stars from me. Still a great issue though and well worth picking up.

Posted by TheAcidSkull

I really liked the issue as well! kaine kicked major ass and he was a baws here, but the rest seemed to sudden, like when he snaps out of it, but other than that it was awesome.

Great review.

Posted by Strider92

@theacidskull: True it did seem abrupt. However we've got the whole Aracely/Kaine connection thing going on. I just put his suddenly snapping out of it down to her using her telepathy thing to force him out of his blood-lust but yeah a bit more of an explanation would have been nice.