krakoa's Scarlet #1 review

• krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 209 reviews. The last one was for

Welcome to the Revolution

This comic is a true work of art. Maleev is one of the premier artist of our time who is a visual storyteller. Coupled with A-list talent like Bendis and you have a recipe for brilliance. Scarlet is steeped in the counterculture. Scarlet herself is equal parts Elektra, female Travis Bickle, and Tank Girl. A major polarizing factor for potential readers is that the fourth wall is not only broken, it is shattered. Breaking the fourth wall is a tricky technique that in the wrong hands begets mediocrity at best. Here it is used in appropriate balance. This is destined to be a cult classic in the comic book world.