theacidskull's Savage Wolverine #5 - Savage Part 5: Hulk Smash! review

And To Think How well this series started....

I'll just cut to the chase. I've generally enjoyed the series thus far, and i'd hoped that a logical conclusion would have been provided, but nope, none. In fact this was a complete disappointment. I cannot express my dislike for this issue.

First things first, Hulk. When he was brought in i thought he'd do something worthwhile or interesting, but no, in fact, he brought hulk for a complete gag sequence. For starters, hulk had trouble beating a single gorilla i don't know if he was enhanced but it was so painful to read that it made me crunch my teeth. Hulk would have eaten that Gorilla, seriously. i was hoping for a hulk Vs Wolverine fight, but i got this instead.

Wolverine actually stabbing hulk in the head made actual sense, but This whole scenario was actually based on making fun of hulk. later on he fights the dark walker, gets slapped and then ges eaten by a whale. What? seriously? does cho actually not consider Hulk has fans? i get that we weren't supposed to take this seriously but come on, sure i chuckled but i was hoping for a more serous story.

But thats not really the problem. The art is awesome,yes, especially for hulk and Logan but the story concluded so quickly, as if nothing had happened. it made no sense whatsoever. i could sum up the story in a few words, " Dark Walker appears, then leaves". when the story can be told so easily it means that it's bad. what could have been another epic battle turned out to be an embarrassment.

Recommendation: No

Edited by Pyrogram

And this whole thing sums up why Thor is being abused ;) Hulk fans get some of the shitty writing medicine.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

@pyrogram said:

Trust me Thor has had it good, this was just terrible

and unlike other i just make a simple review stating my mind when something IS really wrong, not every time hulk looses a fight, no.

Posted by Pyrogram

@theacidskull: Thor got beaten by much less than a gorilla before

@theacidskull: Thor got beaten by much less than a gorilla before

when? Loosing to hulk doesn't count :P

Edited by Pyrogram

@theacidskull: Hulk is a gorilla :O

NU! :P

but seriously this was far worse, but i get da pain.

i just don't cry about it like others to, i make a review, and i'm done with it. besides, some gags were funny :P

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

I think that Hulk was off guard against the gorilla as Amadeus said that no one would hurt him. I do however agree that the Hulk was used rather badly in this issue, and that the end was terrible, but it was fun, and I'd rate it higher than 1, but that's my opinion, and I respect yours.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

A gorilla can't Hurt hulk, because he is way to durable, the punch should have broken that things hand, well hulk was wrestling with a gorilla , What the Hell? he should have eaten him! Besides the series was handed over to a much talented writer.

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

@theacidskull: It was a Savage Land gorilla though, bound to have been stronger, although I agree it wasn't brilliant. I also didn't like how they were basically comparing him to a gorilla. It is, still waiting on the issue, but I'm sure Wells will do an excellent job. Shame for Cho though as issues 2-4 were near perfect.

thats why i named my review " To think how well the series started" :P

Posted by Pyrogram

@theacidskull: This review makes me laugh so much still, lovely! XD

Edited by johnkmccubbin91

@theacidskull: I know, just thought I'd throw that in myself though.

Other reviews for Savage Wolverine #5 - Savage Part 5: Hulk Smash!

Funny Ending 0

Although this series didn't have the best start I've ever seen for a series, it has been amazing since, being one of the best Wolverine stories that I've read since Old Man Logan, and Frank Cho has really surpassed himself. With that said it will be a shame to see Cho leave the series, but hopefully Zeb Wells, and Joe Madureira will do just as good a job.PlotAfter Hulk's arrival on the Savage Land, Wolverine, Shanna, and Amadeus Cho have to prevent the Dark Walker from becoming free.ReviewThis w...