2009 Movie

#1 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#2 Posted by Shanana (52938 posts) - - Show Bio

cool witch blade!

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

A bit strange to release a teaser poster without anyone attached officially (cast, director, screenwriters) but that's exactly what Platinum Studios have done here. Just a few weeks after the announcement that they would be adapting Top Cow's Witchblade to the big screen, the studio has released a new teaser poster and a new official website for the upcoming comic movie.

Plot Summary: A live-action feature adaptation of "Witchblade," based on the Top Cow comic book franchise. The comic book introduced the "Witchblade" mythology, which centers on an ornate jewel-encrusted gauntlet that gives extraordinary powers to the wearer, a specially chosen female from each generation. The comic book franchise has sold more than 100 million copies worldwide since debuting in 1995 and spawned a 2000 telepic that turned into a weekly series that ran for two seasons on TNT.

Witchblade is still under TBA status.

http://www.witchblade2009.com/

I don't know what else to say, without a director, actors or even a principal script yet, there isn't much to discuss about this movie, but i've got to say, i'm more than a little intrigued about how ballsy the studio is releasing a teaser poster before they even have a lead actress lol

M

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

I remeber the T.V. series. That was some o'l bullsh!t

#5 Posted by zero edge (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

damn that image is awesome

It looks kinda like Dani
Post Edited:2008-05-28 03:12:52

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

well it's got to be better than the TV series of it lol

hopefully might be used to spinoff a Darkness movie as well

M

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I remeber the T.V. series. That was some o'l bullsh!t"

yeah... decent soundtrack though lol

M

#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

it better be about Sara, she's my favorite Witchblade!

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"damn that image is awesomeIt looks kinda like Dani
Post Edited:2008-05-28 03:12:52"

thats what i thought....

maybe they're trying to distance the movie from the TV series Sara...

hope not, Sara will always be the main character for me

M

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Maybe they can do both! lol... I like where the two's relationship is at right now."

maybe.. but it's asking a bit much for a movie to use something that intricate for the first one...

M

#11 Posted by zero edge (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"zero edge says:
"damn that image is awesomeIt looks kinda like Dani
Post Edited:2008-05-28 03:12:52"

thats what i thought....

maybe they're trying to distance the movie from the TV series Sara...

hope not, Sara will always be the main character for me

M"

Maybe they can do both! lol... I like where the two's relationship is at right now.

#12 Posted by zero edge (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say introduce both of them and just give 1 the wb... for now...

#13 Posted by Shatterstar (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for that one. Platinum Studios... hey if you actually think it'll ever see the light of day (or the darkness of a movie theater), you can buy their stock for 14 cents a share.

#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Redhead says:

"*walks in to ignore Az and Methos then walks away again*"

haha! sorry sis, I'm not really in the threads today...

#15 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

walks in to ignore Az and Methos then walks away again

#16 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL all good honey!

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Similar picture and stuff from AZM

There’s no doubt about it. The Witchblade makes awful winter wear.

As if the tentacle rape anime/manga version wasn’t shi##y enough (she pulls the thing out from her vagina!), Platinum Studios is bringing Top Cow’s Witchblade to the big screen in 2009.

I quite liked the television series. It was an intelligent dark detective series and star Yancy Butler even managed to keep all of her clothes on. I liked Yancy as Sara and wanted to see how the character would evolve over a few seasons. Sadly, we only got two.

While the television series focused on the mystery of the Witchblade and how it affected Sara with a healthy dose of cop drama, from this teaser poster we can surmize that the live action film will feature Sara’s bare ass and a spiky metal glove. Ugh.

If Vivid were making Witchblade, this poster would rank as one of their most tasteful. I think Sara deserves better. If you’re going to pretend that your property is more than just a skin rag, Sara deserves to be treated with respect. Yes, we know she’s hot, but that shouldn’t be the only draw to her film. Far better to just feature the Witchblade itself against a dark background. If it turns out that your property really isn’t much more than skin rag, let Vivid make the damn movie. They know nekkid.

#18 Posted by Inthedark (81 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"

Similar picture and stuff from AZM

There’s no doubt about it. The Witchblade makes awful winter wear.

As if the tentacle rape anime/manga version wasn’t shi##y enough (she pulls the thing out from her vagina!), Platinum Studios is bringing Top Cow’s Witchblade to the big screen in 2009.

I quite liked the television series. It was an intelligent dark detective series and star Yancy Butler even managed to keep all of her clothes on. I liked Yancy as Sara and wanted to see how the character would evolve over a few seasons. Sadly, we only got two.

While the television series focused on the mystery of the Witchblade and how it affected Sara with a healthy dose of cop drama, from this teaser poster we can surmize that the live action film will feature Sara’s bare ass and a spiky metal glove. Ugh.

If Vivid were making Witchblade, this poster would rank as one of their most tasteful. I think Sara deserves better. If you’re going to pretend that your property is more than just a skin rag, Sara deserves to be treated with respect. Yes, we know she’s hot, but that shouldn’t be the only draw to her film. Far better to just feature the Witchblade itself against a dark background. If it turns out that your property really isn’t much more than skin rag, let Vivid make the damn movie. They know nekkid.

"

I may be reading more into the recent comics then I should but Sara and the witch blade armor have taken on a more X-men movie mystique style. This would make a movie a heck of a lot easier to sell than T&A in a metal bikini.

#19 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure? LOL

#20 Posted by IcePrince_X (4856 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish this version is more ornate as the weapon and more mystical than the tv series. I liked the 2nd season and a little of the 1st season.

I am a big fan of the comic book since it began and I hope the true glory of the witchblade can be seen in the movie version. But honestly I am leaning more on the Medieval Witchblade lore than the current one unless the Darkness, Magdalena and Angelus can be seen in the storyline.

#21 Posted by Erik (31777 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm.... Kinda risky.

#22 Edited by IcePrince_X (4856 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Hmmmm.... Kinda risky."
Yup...I thought doing a witchblade movie would be good since witchblade is quite known already, unfortunately but there is still a low fan based. If TOP COW can make it as stunning as 300 or Sin City then they may have chance. I hope the actress they choose can give real life to the character and not just purely silicone bumpers.
#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

If there's no Baptiste than the movie is a sham!

horrible poster though

#24 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Darkness? I want that movie.

#25 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm...Seems interesting =]

I'd definately go and see this movie.
Hope they get a good actress to play Sara.

#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

how does it seem interesting?

#27 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

The poster looks cool (apart from the half nakedness which is unecessary)
and I've recently become interested in the Witchblade series.
 =]

#28 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they have Ashley Greene play her.
(Alice Cullen from Twilight)

She looks very Sara/Detective like in this picture.

#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

How can they have a movie out in 2009 if they haven't even cast it yet?  The year's almost half gone...!

#30 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"How can they have a movie out in 2009 if they haven't even cast it yet?  The year's almost half gone...!"
Yeah, I know :/
That's why I didn't believe the poster was real,
I guess it's just arrogant movie makers.
#31 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"How can they have a movie out in 2009 if they haven't even cast it yet?  The year's almost half gone...!"
not to mention no script.
#32 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
possibly it'll be shown in fall or summer 2009
#33 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"xerox-kitty said:
possibly it'll be shown in fall or summer 2009"
But that's still less than 6 months.  Filming itself can take a couple of months at the least.  For a story that involves lots of action, special effects and most likely big explosions they'll need a lot of pre & post-production time.  Even after post-production, there's still all the media hype that needs to be prepared.

The thing is... most comic films in pre-production love to ooze news & updates as much as possible.  But other than a teaser poster, they've released nothing!  This seems to suggest that they're not even working on it; no script (like Pix said) and no casting.   If they are working on it right now, then why keep it under wraps?  They're either risking a lot on an unknown, or they know that what they've got is poor.  

I just can't see them making it a 2009 release.  Not even for December.  I've been wrong about things before, but realistically... it seems an extremely tight schedule if they do manage it this year.
#34 Posted by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (315 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the movie came out in 2010 because they dont have any actor for sara (nono cant be)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.