Did You Get Any Comics For Christmas 2010?

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple of friends have already asked if I received any comics this Christmas.  The simple answer is 'no'.  Basically no-one knows whether I've already got it so they avoid comics just in case they end up buying a duplicate. 

But what about you?  Did Santa bring you any four-colour crack for Christmas?  What was i?  And how much do you love it??

#2 Posted by Snickersss (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not get any for Christmas but I did get some money so I am going to buy some once I get back to college in about 2 weeks.
#3 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

No one got me Comic for Christmas but I've gotten myself plenty this month to cover for it.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22683 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  easy way to solve that problem is to make an Amazon wish list and email it to everyone then when someone buys something off of it the rest know that someone bought it

I got the Walking Dead Compendium...love it!!!
#5 Posted by Dr_Columbo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually received Fantastic Four Essential 1 for Christmas an i can't wait to start reading.

#6 Posted by MatKrenz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Runaways :Live Fast,Runaways :Homeschooling,Transmetropolitan vol 1,Cable & Deadpool :If looks could kill,Deadpool vs the Marvel Universe and Hellboy :Seeds of Destruction.

Also I got cash so im gonna go get some essentials and Sandman vol 1.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a Barnes and Noble giftcard, which will be used to purchase some trades.

#8 Posted by Revival (30 posts) - - Show Bio

i did! the two part women of marvel. wonder woman: ends of the earth, and batman/catwoman: follow the money one shot. I feel all squishy cause i got my own comics now.

#9 Posted by poohbear7882 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a few trades.  I keep an Amazon Wish List with several trades on it so that if people are trying to figure something out to get me, those are at least an option.  (Add my subscription to that and I'll be reading for days... :)~)

I got Fell: Vol 1, Kingdom Come, Marvels and Superman: Red Son.  ...Stuff I hadn't gotten around to getting for myself yet.

#10 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 

A girlfriend of mine gave me a comic for Christmas.

But I got sick of his bad jokes and told him to go home.
#11 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Spiderman 1602 TB, Walking Dead 13 TB, and Orc Stain TB  

which is cool cause I was planning to buy them myself so this saves me a few bucks =)
#12 Posted by adamwarner42 (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope but I got $250 and I know what I'm gonna spend it on!

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Hornet Year One: Vol. l tpb

#14 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

No but I got a Hastings Entertainment gift card, so I can finally pick up some more much needed boards and bags!

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @xerox-kitty:  easy way to solve that problem is to make an Amazon wish list "
I did that last year & got some manga... but I don't have any comics on a Wish List since I don't do trades (but that's a different debate ;) 

@Roxanne Starr: Awwww, he was a bad santa... 

@Revival: @MatKrenz: Very cool!  Lots of reading to keep you occupied.  I hope you enjoy them :)
#16 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
@Roxanne Starr: Awwww, he was a bad santa... 

There was a silver lining. After the comic left, I noticed that he had left behind his credit card, which I am now using to scrape the ice off my windshield.
#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

I received Iron Man 2, two disc DVD set which is as close as I came to anything comic related

#18 Posted by Identity (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't receive any comics but I did get Modern Warfare: Black Ops

#19 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly no, but I'm happy with what I still received regardless.
#21 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" Sadly no, but I'm happy with what I still received regardless. "
I think we need a sign saying that you are not me in an alt account lol
#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, yes I bet people do confuse us sometimes huh? Well I'm open to suggestions, lol.
#23 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

I got some Hulk comics.
#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#25 Posted by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Girlfriend bought me these (and a Canon 50mm 1.8F lens) for Christmas.

...I think she's a keeper. :)
#26 Posted by ComaCalm (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
Yes... but Amazon don't sell comic books... just the grapic novels of them...
#27 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" I got a Barnes and Noble giftcard, which will be used to purchase some trades. "
Barnes and Noble is having a clearance sale soon, maybe you can get some trades cheap 
#28 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing i got that was comic-related was the planet of the apes saga on dvd
#29 Posted by SpacemanSpiff (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the Superman/Batman vol. 2 trade (the Supergirl story arc) and enjoyed reading it. I got some B & N gift cards also to use on some more trades.
#30 Posted by Jake Fury (19153 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwatch #1

My girlfriend's Dad got me a big box of comics from an antique mall. It has quite a few old issues of Guardians of the Galaxy that I am absolutely pumped for.
#31 Posted by budonkadonk (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked the Mrs. for Absolute Justice and Absolute All-Star Superman, but being that we're in Japan and she doesn't know much about American comics, I was SOL. 
#32 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" I got a Barnes and Noble giftcard, which will be used to purchase some trades. "
Barnes and Noble is having a clearance sale soon, maybe you can get some trades cheap  "
WHAAAAAT? I have a Barnes and Noble membership that I can't use anymore because the store doesn't exist in Canada...when is this sale?
#33 Posted by marvelunivers_deleteme (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage #1 
AMS #648 

#34 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
Barnes and Noble is having a clearance sale soon, maybe you can get some trades cheap  "
WHAAAAAT? I have a Barnes and Noble membership that I can't use anymore because the store doesn't exist in Canada...when is this sale? "
Fairly soon I guess, I got an e-mail about it. It's an end of the year sale, I don't really know specifically what is on sale though. I'd check the website or the .ca counterpart
#35 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @aztek the lost said:
WHAAAAAT? I have a Barnes and Noble membership that I can't use anymore because the store doesn't exist in Canada...when is this sale? "
Fairly soon I guess, I got an e-mail about it. It's an end of the year sale, I don't really know specifically what is on sale though. I'd check the website or the .ca counterpart "
there is no .ca counterpart (that I know of) but I figured maybe I'd go to the US...but I think I'm going to the US on the first weekend of January (if I go at all) so that'd probably be too late...and to be honest, B & N the store never has a good stock of the graphic novels I want and on more then one occasion they've been damaged...plus I just got an e-mail from Amazon about deals...so maybe I'll go on a shopping spree there
#36 Edited by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

" @aztek the lost said:
Fairly soon I guess, I got an e-mail about it. It's an end of the year sale, I don't really know specifically what is on sale though. I'd check the website or the .ca counterpart "
there is no .ca counterpart (that I know of) but I figured maybe I'd go to the US...but I think I'm going to the US on the first weekend of January (if I go at all) so that'd probably be too late...and to be honest, B & N the store never has a good stock of the graphic novels I want and on more then one occasion they've been damaged...plus I just got an e-mail from Amazon about deals...so maybe I'll go on a shopping spree there "
They only time I got good graphic novels there was when they;re were damaged :P They were having a huge online sale of them. I personally don't like Barnes and Noble I feel they're over priced anyway, but I usually get there gift cards for holidays and sh!£ so I usually find something. I prefer Borders personally, they usually have coupons online for like 33% to 40% weekly
#37 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Cool present!  Merry Christmas & happy reading!
#39 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Same to you! ^_^
#40 Posted by jasraj (4728 posts) - - Show Bio
i wanna get Batman Snow
#41 Posted by thecheckeredman (398 posts) - - Show Bio

I got MOUSE GUARD: FALL 1152 for X-Mas.

#42 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

No, even tho I more than hinted, lol.  I did get Lego Batman for the Wii, however :)
#43 Posted by Baddamdog (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

I got this Cover Run, Adam Hughes book, so amazing!

#44 Posted by thecheckeredman (398 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" No, even tho I more than hinted, lol.  I did get Lego Batman for the Wii, however :) "
That's awesome!  Love that game!  I hope they make more!
#45 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio
@thecheckeredman:
Yea, I've got to the first boss the first time.  How was the Mouse Guard?  I was hopping to check those out myself.
#46 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog
LOVE his art.
#47 Posted by Baddamdog (2224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Baddamdog
LOVE his art. "
The book is SO gorgeous, recommend it to anyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.