Sandman on the Avengers?

#1 Posted by Ikari (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking through Sandman's teams and the first thing I saw was the Avengers.... How and When did Sandman become a member of the  Avengers. I don't read Spider-Mans but this I find interesting. Could somebody explain this to me?

#2 Edited by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

He was an avenger's member in the nineties when he tried to be a reformed bad guy. He and Rage were reserve members at first and got their full avenger's staus later on. Just blame Larry Hama. lol

#3 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
Ikari said:
"I was looking through Sandman's teams and the first thing I saw was the Avengers.... How and When did Sandman become a member of the  Avengers. I don't read Spider-Mans but this I find interesting. Could somebody explain this to me?
"
Sandman teamed up with Hydroman in a caper that didn't go to well and he ended up becoming so traumatized he tried to go straight.The Avengers made him a probationary member at one point and he was also a Hero for Hire.
#4 Posted by avengpymhawk (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Sob....... I miss the 90's in comics. Sandman ruled with Silver Sable and the Wildpack. Danny brought the best out of the Ghost Rider. The X-Men actually wasn't lame. Peter David made Hulk cool. Bane broke Batman's back. Tim Drake proved he destined to be Robin. Superman died. Not to mention Valliant ruled the comic world. Yes, the good ol'days.

#5 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio
avengpymhawk said:
"

Sob....... I miss the 90's in comics. Sandman ruled with Silver Sable and the Wildpack. Danny brought the best out of the Ghost Rider. The X-Men actually wasn't lame. Peter David made Hulk cool. Bane broke Batman's back. Tim Drake proved he destined to be Robin. Superman died. Not to mention Valliant ruled the comic world. Yes, the good ol'days.

"
Yea i agree.  I x-men were so fucking badass in the 90's.



#6 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

He should join the New Avengers.  I was so mad when I read this:  

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 616
The Story: The Sandman has vacillated between good and evil over the years, joining the Sinister Six and the Frightful Four...as well as becoming a reserve Avenger and a member of Silver Sable's Wild Pack. But as of this issue, and forever more, he will always be known as a villain -- one of the worst in the Wall-Crawler's Rogues Gallery -- and it's all Spider-Man's fault! Find out the shocking reason why in this issue as "THE GAUNTLET" continues! Rated A …$2.99

In Stores: Dec 23, 2009 - see details
   
#7 Posted by War Killer (19510 posts) - - Show Bio
@box turtle said:
"
He should join the New Avengers.  I was so mad when I read this:  

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 616
The Story: The Sandman has vacillated between good and evil over the years, joining the Sinister Six and the Frightful Four...as well as becoming a reserve Avenger and a member of Silver Sable's Wild Pack. But as of this issue, and forever more, he will always be known as a villain -- one of the worst in the Wall-Crawler's Rogues Gallery -- and it's all Spider-Man's fault! Find out the shocking reason why in this issue as "THE GAUNTLET" continues! Rated A …$2.99

In Stores: Dec 23, 2009 - see details
    "
What don't you like about this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.