Comic Vine received a press release earlier today letting us know that the Warner Bros has signed as a sponsor for Comic Con’s official bag this year. This is a bit of big deal because the WB’s tote bags have become something of a coveted item on the SDCC floor over the years, with fans positively swarming to their booth get their own. Entertainment Weekly even called it the show’s “ubiquitous accessory,” so I reckon it’d only follow that they’d all make it official eventually. Of course, this is COMIC Con after wall, so why have one kind of WB decal when you can have no less than eleven variants (sadly, none of them are chromium?)
The tote themes are as follows…
- BRIGHTEST DAY - - no explanations needed for this one.
- BATMAN: THE BRAVE & THE BOLD - - marking the game’s new Wii & DS game that’s going to feature Blue Beetle as a playable character.
- CLASH OF THE TITANS - - the DVD’s coming out on the 27 (already?! Didn’t it come out in May?)
- THE LOONEY TUNES SHOW - - there’s a new show coming to CN. Is it just me or does the image look like a teaser poster for some summer blockbuster? GL’s white glove hand raises his power ring, Bug’s white gloved-hand raises his carrot.
- SCOOBY DOO! MYSTERY INC. - - which is another WB standard getting a revival. How many Scooby snacks do you figure you can fit in 24”X29” bag?
- HUMAN TARGET - - you might recall that this is actually based on a comic.
- CHUCK, THE BIG BANG THEORY, FRINGE, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES & NIKITA - - these are all WB TV shows that Comic Con attendees are more than likely going to be into. Is NIKITA supposed to be another riff on LA FEMME NIKITA?
Anyway, these pretty spiffy (Just look below!), but I think I'll have to pass myself. I've received numerous citations from the fashion police for being bad at accessorizing.