Update From The Comic-Con Show Floor!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is that I think I met all the right people today. I am already exhausted and the day is only half way through. Thankfully I was able to score some major interviews and meet with some awesome people. It is so cool to walk down through the show floor and be recognized as a representative for Comic Vine! I met Jill, 'The Nerdybird' who I talk to all the time via twitter, and who I hope to see writing for us very soon. In addition, I ran into one of our Comic Vine users, Sora The Key, and it was awesome to meet him! He is very cool!  

When you guys see the interviews I scored this morning, you will be stoked. I wish I could tell you, but I want it to be a huge surprise!  

We are taking a quick break to eat some food and try to catch up with some DC writers after I catch up with some of the kids of at Aspen Comics. I am way excited and can't wait to share the full experience with you guys later tonight! If you want to follow me around the show floor, check out my Twitter feed!  
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs should look happier, she's at Comic-Con! Lucky!

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like chaotic fun!

#3 Posted by Wolfgangg (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to check out your interviews Babs! I'm excited to follow you guys around Comic Con via my computer. Not as exciting as being there, but awesome none the less.

#4 Posted by shugtastic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

so when do we get to see the interviews?  :)

#5 Posted by Mars_19 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

this is out of random but, does anyone know what "DFE" stands for when buying comics online? If an issue is signed it usually has "DFE" and "S&N" next to it. I'm assuming s and n means signed and numbered.

#6 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

:( Wish I was there!

#7 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" :( Wish I was there! "
me 2. im like just here at my computer waiting for updates
#8 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably more of a Giantbomb thing, but be aware that the Angry Video Game Nerd is covering Comic-Con as well.  Be on the lookout.  If ComicVine and the AVGN were to meet...the world might explode from the sheer concentrated awesome.

Have fun and keep us posted!

#9 Posted by Samuraikenpo (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks to me like the Mighty Amazon is tired

#10 Posted by Wolfgangg (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mars_19 said:
" this is out of random but, does anyone know what "DFE" stands for when buying comics online? If an issue is signed it usually has "DFE" and "S&N" next to it. I'm assuming s and n means signed and numbered. "
I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.dynamicforces.com
#11 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww you look so adorable in your Wonder Woman costume.

#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43493 posts) - - Show Bio

All this info I've read about today was awesome. Can't wait to see how much we'll get in the next 3 days.

#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" :( Wish I was there! "
me 2. im like just here at my computer waiting for updates
"
Haha, Same here :P
Geeze, we are so sad. -_-
#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
" Awww you look so adorable in your Wonder Woman costume. "

slightly worrying and creepy duder....

M
#15 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos:
lol
#16 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@shugtastic said:
" so when do we get to see the interviews?  :) "
Soon! I'm at the panel for Gail Simone as we speak!
#17 Posted by Defiant (679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"@shugtastic said:
Soon! I'm at the panel for Gail Simone as we speak! "

good work
#18 Posted by shugtastic (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"@shugtastic said:
Soon! I'm at the panel for Gail Simone as we speak! "

LUCKY!  :)
#19 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw Babs... she's getting swarmed by people asking her to take her picture.  She gives them a button and then yells at them "But you cant even look at that picture unless you visit Comicvine.com". 

One dude said, "I didn't know WonderWoman was so demanding" and she scoffed, "You didn't!".  Hahah, funny to see a 87lb woman intimidate a big/tall nerd :)

OH and I saw Hurley from LOST today, I was sooooo stoked.

Staff
#20 Posted by Mars_19 (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wolfgangg: let's say hypothetically I wanted to sell some of my signed issues, they're not graded or from DFE, are they still worth anything?
#21 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Red L.A.M.P.  Lol.  Keep up the good work you all.  Cant wait to read more.  Especially the Gail Simone panel.

#22 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

it'll be all worth it once its over

#23 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27090 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sure Babs will wake up a bit at the Gail Simone panel 

Fan girling for the win BABSY!!! XD

#24 Posted by Wolfgangg (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mars_19: Depends on what they are, who signed them, what condition they are in, etc. Too many variables to tell, really. If you're serious about selling them, I'd look into getting them CGC graded. It's a little pricey, but worth it in the end because the value jumps up tremendously. Don't worry about DFE, they're their own company and their stuff isn't ever really worth anything spectacular, but sometimes they get their own variant covers.
#25 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
"I just saw Babs... she's getting swarmed by people asking her to take her picture.  She gives them a button and then yells at them "But you cant even look at that picture unless you visit Comicvine.com".   One dude said, "I didn't know WonderWoman was so demanding" and she scoffed, "You didn't!".  Hahah, funny to see a 87lb woman intimidate a big/tall nerd :)  OH and I saw Hurley from LOST today, I was sooooo stoked. "

I got to see something similar... babas was one popular WW!!!! hehehe

Thanks Babs.... I thought you were really cool too!!!
#26 Posted by Taylors005 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

so very jealous of all of you 

#27 Posted by Kael (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Luck Guys! 
I wish i´ll be ther toooooooo :(

#28 Posted by Nikitas10 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I was there too... :(

#29 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nikitas10 said:
" I wish I was there too... :( "
Same.
#30 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome experienceee

#31 Posted by masterofdarkness (22 posts) - - Show Bio

yep
#32 Posted by SC (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please I think I finally understand now... oh and uh thank you... for the update... yea...

#33 Posted by OldGuy (11 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always good to catch up on older news...

#34 Posted by Sissel (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs you're so Lucky. Lol. I wish I can but can't.

#35 Posted by poetixmind (30 posts) - - Show Bio

:) man i so missed it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.