Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

'The Black Panel' At San Diego Comic Con Live Coverage!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Michael Davis hosts the Black Panel at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con!

Seriously, hilarious. Reginald Hudlin, the writer for the current Black Panther series is present as well as Denys Cowan, the man who will be writing a new Black Panther series with Hudlin. Oh and did I mention Ludacris is a special guest? I am not quite sure what he's doing here, but I am certainly not complaining. I came in for a panel and I had no idea it would turn into a Hip Hop concert...at 10 in the morning. I am kind of glad we had a front row seat to film this for you guys and I hope to get the video footage up a bit later.

I think the introduction lasted  close to 20 minutes or so, but it was simply fantastic. Michael Davis discusses empowerment, and how this panel is so different from the others here at the convention.

An overview of what the panel will be working on:

Reggie Hudlin's 'Flags Of Our Fathers'
    The animated series continues to be in development which is fantastic news for all of those interested. Sitting at the panel, we had the chance to watch a preview of the cartoon. Based on the footage we were able to see, the series will be skipping around looking at Black Panther through the ages. In one piece of footage which we unfortunately could not film, we caught a glimpse at Black Panther take on Captain America during World War II. The animation is truly unique, and reminds me of what it would be like to have moving literally moving comic book panels. 

Very cool stuff so far, and I hope to get you guys some actual footage from the panel a bit later.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

Ludacris??? heeeey.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Live Hip Hop performances, Ludacris, and Black Panther?  That's official.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Media_Master

animation sounded good

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Adam Michaels

Yea I saw a quick look on the net where Marvel and BET had put together a small segment about the upcoming project. First of all, I have to say I'm real excited. I love watching Marvel show some of their non A-list heroes get their own shows or movies.

And the little clips they showed, it looks real sweet. Very uinique. Actually, it's almost like you're watching a motion comic, but better. I'm looking forward to this. Once the show premiers, I'll be adding BET to my cable channels just for this show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.