Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

SDCC 2011: Marvel: Year of the X-Men Panel Live Blog

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Let's get X-statix for the X-Men panel! Sorry, I've got nothing intro wise for this one.

No Caption Provided

12:30- Chris Yost, Majorie Liu, Daniel Way, Rick Remender, and Peter David are introduced. Singh is hosting this panel, as he seems to be the host for many of the Marvel panels. Alonso is also here. He says what will appeal to readers is that some will agree with Cyclops and some will agree with Logan. There's a very important reason that Schism and Fear Itself ends in October that will be revealed in 2012. Art work from the next issue of Schism to the right!

12:35- X-Men Regenesis in Oct by Gillen and Tan. Uncanny X-Men #1 in November. Video is playing by Nick Lowe, and sorry, internet down again and I missed some stuff.

12:40- Wolverine and the X-Men features Jason Aaron and Bachalo. Uncanny X-Men is by Gillen, Pacheco and Land. NO Cyclops? Singh says we have to read Schism to find out why.

Uncanny X-Force news. Dark Angel Saga coming up soon. The team is in the Age of Apocalypse world, for those not currently reading the book. Every team will be affected by what comes out of Schism.

X-Factor news time. Issue 230, which is one of David's favorite scripts will have the effects of Schism in it. "The real thing that drives the books is the team dynamics," says David. Birth of Rain's child coming up. A death of a team member is coming up, then it leads into Schism.

== TEASER ==

12:45- X-Men First to Last, which just finished up. Yost talks about how he liked working on the book. Yost is working on a few other things he can't talk about. in October, Marvel is releasing a 20th anniversary edition of X-Men #1. They say it's the highest selling comic of all time, then Singh makes yet another DC quip.

12:50- Wolverine has to go to San Francisco for reasons they can't explain. And someone stole his stash of money. Jason Aaron will be writing it, and while the idea seems dumb, Jason Aaron is awesome. Majorie Liu talks about X23. X23 goes through some tough times in the upcoming arc. Daken (Dokken) is discussed. He's moved to L.A. "He has a very interesting path coming up."

No Caption Provided

12:55- Daniel Way talks about Evil Deadpool again, and today I have pictures. Evil deadpool leads into something bigger. They flash something on the screen... It just says "Dead" February 2012. Question time!

1:00- Q: Will Wolverine be in X-Force after Schism? A: They can't reveal anything! Q: Will S.W.O.R.D. cross into the X-Men? A: Astonishing X-Men it will likely overlap in. Q: When's Jean coming back? A: IT's not the 616 Jean, but she's in the AoA Uncanny X-Force storyline. Q: What made you say cancelling the Uncanny numbering system was a good idea? A: Alonso says that it wasn't easy but it was a natural evolution. They knew after Schism it wouldn't be the same book or team, so that's why they did it. Q: What's going on with Starjammers? A: X-Men Legacy 250 explains where they are. X-Men Regenesis will feature them. Q: Will there be more Darwin, to Peter David. A: He will be back. Peter David loves the character, and says it's bogus he died in the recent film. Q: What is Hope's relation to Jean Grey? A: They can't say anything about that without spoiling any plans, especially ones in Schism.

1:05- Q: Since Wolverine is part of the Avengers, will there be a conflict between the two teams? A: The X-Men will be more a part of the Marvel Universe. Q: Guy states that Remender doesn't use all of Psylocke's powers. A: Remender says that if he used all of her powers and put all of her history in one book it would be the most convoluted character ever and he would "blow his brains out." Rick Remender is my new hero.

1:10- Alonso alludes heavily to Cyclops not being around. Will he die or does he quit the team? Q: Will people from the AoA universe come over from X-Force? A: Yes. Rick tries to avoid the question, but is forced to say yes. Come on Sugar Man!

1:15- Q: Any plans of bring back old school characters: Maggot for example? A: We might be seeing Maggot come back. Fan favorites may be coming back. Back to AoA. There are some very exciting things coming up for AoA fans. They're trying to clean up the universe. Q: Cable got hosed? Is he coming back? A: Cable is very dead right now. David on Rictor: He will have his powers back in X-Factor 225.

1:20- Q: Can you put X-Men characters in the Avengers cartoon? A: Yes. You'll see a lot of different MU characters in the show. Q: Are you killing Cyclops? A: Read Schism. Q: Shatterstar and Longshot share DNA, will Peter David be going in depth? A: Yes, but he's going to drag it out. Later... AoA Iceman plays a bigger part in X-Force later on in the year. Singh says [on Runaways]that they're not breaking up the team, they're just waiting for the right story.

Bye bye

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
    harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

i give u a lot of credit for being able to write all of these and keep track of whats going on! thank u so much!
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By crazed_h3ro

This is awesome to know.This will be very interesting to see two sets of X-men. One lead by Logan, and the other by Scott. so far Scott's team looks...well organized. Can't wait to see who's on who's side. Seems like Booby,the Coockos and Emma are with Scott. Really can not wait.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon

So Scott might not be leading the Uncanny X-Men after Schism? Interesting.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

@inferiorego said:

X-Factor news time. Issue 230, which is one of David's favorite scripts will have the effects of Schism in it. "The real thing that drives the books is the team dynamics," says David. Birth of Rain's child coming up. A death of a team member is coming up, then it leads into Schism.

12:45- X-Men First to Last, which just finished up. Yost talks about how he liked working on the book. Yost is working on a few other things he can't talk about.

I don't want anyone to die in X-Factor... but one of them still has the powers of a death Goddess :(

As much as I love Yost, why take him to a panel if he can't answer any questions? :(

jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jlat89

so what's going to be the point of two teams if Scott isn't in the picture? 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bestostero

They better not kill off Cyclops...

edit: And bring Jean back already! lol

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

Why did they address the Runaways in an X-Men panel?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

YES. Pacheco. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee tell me that D'Armata will be coloring? The art on 534.1 (which they did) was exquisite and absolutely perfect for Uncanny.

No more Fraction. No more Dodson. I could NOT be more pleased.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Kallarkz

ufff not great for cable fans, but most already knew that his fate was already set. 
    Yay more iceman =)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

@The Dark Huntress said:

No more Fraction. No more Dodson. I could NOT be more pleased.

I could... No More Land & No More Gillen ;)

I notice that there's a lot of AoA talk. They should just leave the AoA as dead & buried. It shouldn't even exist any more... let alone fob fans off with 'you want to see your favourite random character, then you'll only get an alternate universe version of them'.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty O_o you're not a fan of Gillen?
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CATPANEXE

I wish there was more surprising things here. Most of these things were revealed/heavily alluded to already in the comics and ads.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

@The Dark Huntress said:

You mean Faction-Lite? Sadly no, SWORD was good but everything else has been drastically poor.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is great! Keep it up :)

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By harleyquinn12
    @xerox-kitty
    :o Have you read his Phonogram series from Image?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Gambit1024

I hope that if they do end up killing Cyclops, they give him a death that will keep us talking.  

And X-Men in the Avengers cartoon? Hell to the yes. 

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By goldenkey

I hate how they pronounce Daken as (Dokken).  Now he's a fruit too?  His mo-hawk was dumb enough as it was now the character is just stupid.
    MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#18  Edited By MatKrenz

YAY for X-Factor and X-23 news. Also it's annoying all the jabs they make towards DC, why can't they be friendly rivals ?
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By MrUnknown

If Uncanny was renumbered because it wouldn't be the same as the old book, why'd they keep the same title name?

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dipic

Ugh, why does Greg Land still have a job? Looks like I won't be picking up Uncanny.

foxglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By foxglove

I love the X-men, yet there is no news here that I care about. :/

Nosfistis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nosfistis

I hear interesting stuff coming. I really don't want to see Cyclops die, although i'm pretty sure they won't kill him. On the two books matter, for a man who only recently started reading comics such as myself, I find renumbering and splitting into two books is very helpful and intriguing. You know, helps keeping track of what's going on and it gives new freshness to the whole x-men franchise. Hate Wolverine's guts, but Bachalo is A+ in my book, so i'll be picking the one book for the art and the other for my favorite characters.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#23  Edited By pspin

I love the great coverage. 

I am really excited about all of this except for how AoA is poping up everywhere, tone it down a bit. Other than that, the X-books are about to get crazy awesome.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By zombietag

gah! the same thing i heard twice about runaways. makes ME want to write a pitch for it. maybe i will...

VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VanAce
    @MrUnknown said:
    If Uncanny was renumbered because it wouldn't be the same as the old book, why'd they keep the same title name?
    Pretty much to still have a level of familiarity to reader even if it is just in the name. 

@jlat89 said:
    so what's going to be the point of two teams if Scott isn't in the picture? 
    If Scott isn't in the picture maybe the Professor takes a much larger role again? 
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By JonesDeini
    @xerox-kitty said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

You mean Faction-Lite? Sadly no, SWORD was good but everything else has been drastically poor.

Ouch, I think he's been slowly but surely improving the quality of Uncanny. He's far from the best X-Men writer but I think he gets the essential needed to write the book and he's worked around the crap salad that was handed to him pretty damn well. As far as Land goes...yeah, flush that guy he's the artistic equivalent of the plague. 
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuddyBulson

MY question is: If Schism ends with Jean Grey coming back to life in front of Scott and Killing him, Would rewatching Last Stand be a better moive?

Orttodrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Orttodrog

1:15- Q: Any plans of bring back old school characters: Maggot for example? A: We might be seeing Maggot come back

Just made my f#cking night thank you
    summers_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By summers_frost

I was there with my sister and the impression we both got regarding Scott's fate is... 
    ...he is going to die. When asked if they were killing Scott by a fan, Alonzo's reply was "Did we kill Cable?" I really hope this isn't true and it's just a red herring, but they were hinting at this outcome heavily :(
    jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jcbart

Okay, so it sounds like Logan brings AoA Jean back with them to 616. Scott gets very upset about this, along with whatever's going on (massive threat, X-Force gets exposed to the public, etc); Cyclops and Wolverine turn against each other.

Green Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Green Flash

Is this AoA Iceman or normal 616 Iceman?  I hope for the latter.

keith71_98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By keith71_98

Chris Bachalo on Wolverine's X-book? That means I'll be skipping it. No thanks.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I don't care for Schism, but putting Bachalo's art makes so many things seem more appealing. I feel the same way about Ramos. I still think the new X-Force is ridiculous. 

How can so many of the X-Men think the X-Force team was a bad idea that it gets shut down. Wolverine starts it back up, then he starts leading his own faction of the X-Men? Doesn't that make Wolverine a giant hypocrite and everyone who follows him morons?

johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By johnnie619
    @crazed_h3ro
    emma is on wolverines side in a promo pic so i dont think she is with scott
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lokheit

Suddenly I had a flash on my mind... the reason of Scott not being on the team by the start of re-genesis is... 

Schism ends up with an union, and he will be on his honeymoon with Emma Frost! 

Jason Aaron said that Scott and Emma is his favourite couple in the entire Marvel Universe during an interview about Schism  , who knows if he wants the honor of marrying his favourite couple? What happens during Schism could be so big or have such a big solution that maybe Scott things that he has finally completed his big task and wants to be happy now that he is released of his responsability and then proposes Emma to marry him. When he married Madelyne Pryor he was out for a time. This way he gives the X-Men some time to grow without his leadership because he feels they are now (relatively) safe. 

This possibility means not killing him, wich would make the entire event absurd, it was made when the relationship between Scott and Wolverine was better than ever was, and if the entire reason of the event is make them fight as they announced (saying it was what fans really wanted and most fans aren't really interested on that fight since Jean Grey days) and kill Scott in the process, just for the sake of spliting the team and erase all the last decade events, then it would be a big no-sense and I still have faith on Aaron.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#36  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Lokheit: Amen to that brother, here's hoping Aaron reaffirms our faith in him.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Larkin1388

Love Uncanny X-Force.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By jrock85
    @keith71_98 said:
    Chris Bachalo on Wolverine's X-book? That means I'll be skipping it. No thanks.
    Same here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.