Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

San Diego Comic Con Toy Exclusives

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

In a way, this makes a trip to the dentist fun, doesn't it?
     In a way, this makes a trip to the dentist fun, doesn't it?

We found this video of Attack of the Show’s coverage (watch it below) and I can’t help chuckling about the MO-LAR, DENTIST OF ETERNIA playset that Mattel’s putting out. My amusement doesn’t stem as much from the notion of there actually being a totally jacked dentist in that fantasy land and mean old Skeletor getting anxious over Mo-Lar plucking his front tooth out… my amusement stems more from this box set being labeled “adult collector.” What? Mattel doesn’t think that children watching the latest HE-MAN cartoon are ALSO familiar with Robot Chicken, a TV-MA that mostly airs at midnight on Adult Swim?

Mattel’s gotten wise to the adult collector demographic, obviously, and I reckon that’s why the MO-LAR set and all the other toys previewed in this AOTS segment will ONLY be available at Comic Con. Call it a hunch, but I figure SDCC attendees will get a kick out of the Orko set with Prince Adam accessory while the gag will go over the head of any regular, normal shopper at Toys R Us. Although, that IS a pretty cool trick to have Orko turn translucent whenever he’s dropped into hot water. I remember a BATMAN movie Joker action figure I’d play with as a kid that would similarly switch between a made-up face and regular face. I honestly can’t figure out how Mattel pulled this off.

How hard could it be?
     How hard could it be?

There’s also a preview of a Starro action figure and Justice League of America #1 commemorative figurine line. I’m a little puzzled that there’s NEVER been a Starro figure, as they claim. You’d think it’d be as easy as going down to the beach, picking up a starfish and dipping it in some dye. 

What other segments from Robot Chicken would you, the collectible-ComicVine community, want to see turned into toy sets by Mattel? Myself, I’d love to see that Mario Brothers in Vice City playset, with a Raccoon City variant. Anyway, Check out the video below...
    == TEASER == 

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Oh man! Your old Joker figure comment made me think. If they made Batman (1989) Movie Masters figures, Jack Joker and Keaton Batman up to todays figure standards...I'd be in heaven!
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

" MO-LAR, DENTIST OF ETERNIA"  - Now that's funny!

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Im going to San diego comic con and I defently have to buy one of these amazing toys
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

odd. those were the same exclusives at Toy Fair.
    sounds like they had overstock. thats not good.

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iloverobots

Damn it. Now I have to find someone who's going to SDCC that can pick up that Starro set for me and ship it to Canada! It. Looks. AWESOME. Even the back of the box with the old school JLA covers. I'm really impressed with Mattel, good work!

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By leokearon

The He-Man figures look great

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.