Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

San Diego Comic Con Panel Wednesday And Thursday Schedule!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_
    No Caption Provided
    Guess what guys, it's that time of year again! Convention season! The official schedule for the San Diego convention was officially released today. If you are planning on attending then check out the list of the following panels for the first two days of the con. Let us know what you would like us to cover and report on for you, and we will create a check list and cover as much as we can for all of our users that either cannot make it, or miss out!

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009

•   6:00-9:00Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings—Ballroom 20 -- Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly present exclusive pilot premiere screenings of some of the most buzzed-about new TV series of the 2009–2010 season—Human Target, V, and The Vampire Diaries—as well as an exclusive preview trailer for additional upcoming shows.

Thursday, July 23rd 2009

• 10:00-11:00Heroes, Villains, and Dramatica Archetypes— Stories are populated with heroes, villains, sidekicks and more. Story development expert Chris HuntleyDramatica Story Theory) discusses what makes them tick and how to use them in your stories. We'll explore the basics then go beyond simple character archetypes and create far more interesting, complex characters! Room 5AB

• 10:15-11:15Summit Entertainment: Astro Boy A superhero origin story set in a futuristic world, Astro Boy is an all-new CG-animated feature film based on the classic manga about a young robot with incredible powers and his adventure-filled journey in search of his identity and destiny. Director David Bowers, producer Maryanne Grager, and stars Freddie Highmore (Astro) and Kristen Bell (Cora) debut footage exclusive to Comic-Con 2009 and answer your questions about bringing this beloved hero to the big screen. Room 6BCF

• 10:30-11:30DC Talent Search 1— Learn what DC Comics looks for in artists and how to improve your chances of becoming a working professional! DC Representatives discuss the different needs of the DC Universe, Vertigo, WildStorm, MAD magazine, and Zuda. This informative orientation session explains how DC's Talent Search works and provides numerous tips and tricks on how to improve your work and explore opportunities. To have your work reviewed, attendance at this orientation session is mandatory. (Please note: Not all attendees are guaranteed a one-on-one review.)Room 4

• 11:00-12:30Disney: 3D Panel— Walt Disney Pictures presents key filmmakers, select cast members and previously unseen footage from its upcoming slate, including Disney’s A Christmas Carol, Alice In Wonderland and Tron. Special guests include Robert Zemeckis, Tim Burton, Sean Bailey, Steve Lisberger, and moderator Patton Oswalt. Hall H

• 11:30-12:30Archie Comics: Archie Marries Veronica— It's the wedding of the century, but that is just the start, with plenty of surprise announcements about the future of Archie Comics, including the latest news about Archie on television and in feature films! Panelists include legendary The Dark Knight movie producer and Archie writer Michael Uslan, new Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater, iVerse CEO Michael Murphy, IDW Publishing COO Greg Goldstein, Archie Comics president/director of circulation Fred Mausser, and Archie Comics vice president/managing editor Mike Pellerito. The panel is moderated by Archie's public relations coordinator Rik Offenberger and features a Q&A session. An "Archie Marries Veronica" poster will be given to everyone attending the panel. Room 4

• 11:45-12:45DC: Superman: Two Worlds— Torn between New Krypton and Earth, the Man of Steel has only just begun his latest adventure. You've seen the stories: a new planet of Kryptonians; scores of super-powered beings. The people behind Superman's future are here to face the most trying times in his life. Meet the talented folks behind Superman as they give you a glimpse of what is in store for our favorite Super-family. Featuring Superman group editor Matt Idelson, writers Geoff JohnsAdventure Comics, Superman: Secret Origins), Greg Rucka (Action Comics), James Robinson (Superman), Sterling Gates (Supergirl), Renato Guedes (Superman), and more! Room 6DE

• 12:45-2:0020th Century Fox and James Cameron present Avatar In this first public screening of footage in 3D from his much-anticipated action/adventure/fantasy, James Cameron, producer Jon Landau, and cast members take you to a spectacular new world beyond imagination. Conceived 14 years ago and over four years in the making, Avatar breaks new ground in delivering a fully immersive, emotional story and reinvents the movie-going experience. Hall H

• 1:00-2:00Mondo Marvel— From the Marvel U to the Ultimate U and everything in between, the top talent is on hand to talk about all of your favorite heroes and villains, as well as make a few surprise announcements! Panelists include Jason Aaron (Wolverine: Weapon X), Dennis Calero (X Men Noir), Matt Fraction (Invincible Iron Man), Paul Tobin (Models, INC), Frank Tieri (Dark Reign: Lethal Legion), Steve Wacker (Spider-Man editor), and Jim McCann (New Avengers: The Reunion). Room 6DE

•   2:15-3:15Spotlight on Geoff Johns He is the mastermind behind the smash-hit, critically acclaimed Flash: Rebirth and DC's most anticipated book of the year, Green Lantern: Blackest Night. Wondering what makes Geoff Johnstick? Don't miss this panel hosted by Eddie Berganza, group edito–DCU, interviewing one of the most exciting talents in comics. Room 6DE

• 2:15-3:15 Summit Entertainment— Summit Entertainment presents a sneak peek of exclusive footage of some of its upcoming major film releases!

1. Astro boyA classic superhero origin story set in a futuristic world, Astro Boy is an all-new CG-animated feature film about a young robot with incredible powers and his adventure-filled journey in search of his identity and destiny. Join Freddie Highmore and Kristen Bell as they premiere the final trailer for Astro Boy before it's in theaters.
    2. Sorority Row—When five sorority girls inadvertently cause the murder of one of their sisters in a prank gone wrong, they agree to keep the matter to themselves and never speak of it again, so they can get on with their lives. This proves easier said than done, when after graduation a mysterious killer goes after the five of them and anyone who knows their secret. Join the cast of Sorority Row as they debut footage from the film exclusive to Comic-Con 2009.
    3. The Twilight Saga: New Moon—Summit Entertainment is proud to present the panel for The Twilight Saga: New Moon, the highly anticipated sequel to last year's box office smash Twilight. Surprise members of the cast will answer your questions about the second film in the series and debut never-before-seen footage from the new film.
    Hall H

• 2:30-3:30Archaia/Roddenberry Productions: Days Missing Archaia Studios Press is now simply known as Archaia! Learn about the sci-fi titles the publisher has in store, such as Titanium Rain (with creators Josh Finney and Kat Rocha), Robotika (with creator Alex Sheikman), and Starkweather (with writer David Rodriguez and artist Patrick McEvoy). Then meet the creative dream team behind Days Missing, the new sci-fi comic miniseries from Archaia and Roddenberry Productions, the legendary company that brought you Star Trek. Get a sneak peek of exclusive covers and art, and learn more about storylines for upcoming issues. Panelists include Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth from Roddenberry Productions; Archaia's Stephen Christy, Mark Smylie and Rob Levin; Chris Burnham (X-Men: Divided We Stand); Ian Edginton (Stormwatch); Phil Hester (The Darkness); David Hine (Batman: Battle for the Cowl); Frazer Irving (Batman and Robin); and Matz(The Killer). All attendees will receive a free copy of Days Missing#1! Room 3

• 3:00-4:00Robot Chicken with Titan MaximumSeth Green (co-creator, Robot Chicken and Titan Maximum), Matthew Senreich (co-creator, Robot Chicken and Titan Maximum), Tom Root (head writer, Robot Chicken/co-creator, Titan Maximum) and Doug Goldstein (head writer, Robot Chicken) with Chris McKay, Breckin Meyer, Kevin Shinick, Mike Fasolo, and Dan Milano discuss the popular Adult Swim series Robot Chicken. They will also discuss the upcoming new stop-motion animated series Titan Maximum, slated to premiere on Adult Swim this fall. Join this meet-up of show creators, writers and voice actors for a Q&A, moderated by Keith Crofford, vice president of Adult Swim production. Room 6A

• 3:15-4:15Capcom 2009 Lineup— Capcom's premiere producers present sneak peeks at the most anticipated games of the year. Featuring Jun Takeuchi (Lost Planet 2), Morgan Gray (Dark Void), Daryl Allison (Spyborgs), Motohide Eshiro (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth), and Masachika Kawata (Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles) and moderated by Capcom-Unity.com's Seth Killian. See exclusive gameplay footage and behind-the-scenes making-of features, followed by a Q&A session! Room 6BCF

• 3:30-4:30 Marvel: Breaking into the House of Ideas— Are you a writer or artist? Ever dream of working for Marvel? Do you find yourself thinking "I could do that...if I knew how!" Well, here's your chance! Join C. B. Cebulski, Marvel's talent liaison, and panelists writer Jeph Loeb (Ultimatum), Marvel editor Charlie Beckerman, artist Mike Choi (X-Force), colorist Christina Strain (Runaways), and more to find out the answers on how to get your foot in the door at every level in the creative process and how to make your job Marvel! Room 6DE

• 3:30-4:30 J. Michael Straczynski : Professional Writing— Ideas are a dime a dozen. Executing those ideas (instead of assassinating them) is what separates pro from wannabe. But only you know what steps you need to take to get there, so if you show up for this talk, bring questions to ask J. Michael Straczynski, who has created a massively successful cross-platform writing career in movies, television, comics, and print. Room 7AB

• 3:30-5:00Golden and Silver Age of Comics— A Comic-Con tradition: the yearly gathering and discussion of the clan of some of the finest comic book creators ever to put pen or typewriter to paper! This year's panel—moderated by Mark Evanier—includes Comic-Con special guests Murphy Anderson (Hawkman), Gene Colan (Tomb of Dracula), Ramona Fradon(Aquaman), Russ Heath(The Haunted Tank), Jack Katz (The First Kingdom), Jerry Robinson (Batman), and Leonard Starr (Mary Perkins On Stage). Both Katz and Starr, known best for their underground comix and comic strip work, respectively, also worked in comics in the Golden and Silver Ages. The stories these people can tell are the stuff of legend...be a part of the yearly magic of this panel. Room 8

•   4:00-5:00 Spotlight on Gail Simone One of the most popular writers working in comics today, Gail Simone is a Comic-Con special guest. Mark Waid interviews Gail about her work in comics, including Wonder Woman, Secret Six, and her much beloved run on Birds of Prey.Room 5AB

• 4:00-5:00Tipping Point for LGBT Portrayals in Comics— LGBT issues have taken a central place in the cultural zeitgeist. How has this issue been illustrated in comics? This year, two lesbian characters—Batwoman and The Question—became co-leads of DC Comics' namesake title, Detective Comics. What is the long-term significance of this? Does it reflect greater acceptance of LGBT characters in comics, or is this an isolated event? Have we reached a tipping point? Patty Jeres (Prism co-president) moderates this intriguing discussion with panelists Greg Rucka (Detective Comics), Marc Andreyko (Manhunter), Judd Winick (Pedro and Me), Jose Villarrubia (The Mirror of Love), Scott Allie (Buffy Season 8), Mimi Cruz (retailer, Night Flight Comics, Salt Lake City, UT), and Matt Wagner (The Aerialist). Room 32AB

• 5:00-6:00DC JSA: The Great Society— DC's legendary super-team enters a new era with top talent and explosive storylines in the second half of 2009! Get the inside scoop on everything JSA right here, including info on the exciting spin-off title Magog and the main series Justice Society of America from the creative minds behind the franchise. Hosted by DC's senior group editor, Mike Carlin, with top talents Bill Willingham(JSA), Matt Sturges (JSA), Freddie Williams (Final Crisis Aftermath: Run), Amanda Conner (Power Girl), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl), and more! Room 5AB

• 5:00-6:00Showtime: Dexter Calling all Dexter fans! If you're a Dexter fanatic and can't wait for the new season, you don't want to miss this killer panel! Moderator Ralph Garman (KROQ Entertainment Reporter) presides over a revealing interview and Q&A session with the stars and executive producers of Dexter. Plus, get an exclusive first look at clips from the new season! Featured panelists include series star/executive producer Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Julie Benz (Rita), Jennifer Carpenter (Deb), and executive producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Clyde Phillips, and Melissa Rosenberg. The new season premieres September 27 at 9:00 PM EST/PST only on Showtime! Ballroom 20

• 5:30-6:30 The Physics of Hollywood Movies— Join physics instructor Adam Weiner (author of Don't Try This at Home! The Physics of Hollywood Movies) for an interactive presentation employing basic physical principles and a sense of humor in analyzing scenes from favorite Hollywood science fiction, superhero, and action movies, from Iron Man to 2001: A Space Odyssey, and actually learn the physics behind them—both good and bad! Room 30CDE

• 5:45-6:45 Kick-Ass World premiere footage from Kick-Ass, based on Mark Millar's bestselling comic, is presented by director Matthew Vaughn (Stardust, Layercake). Joining him on the panel are Nicolas Cage, Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad), and comic co-creator John Romita Jr., among others, including a surprise guest. You don't want to miss the chance to be the first to experience this gritty, brash, and funny actioner. Hall H

• 6:00-7:00 Vertigo New Ongoing Series/Crime Line— It's a new beginning for Vertigo with the launch of such ongoing titles as The Unwritten, Greek Street, and Sweet Tooth. In addition to these titles DC will be launching the highly anticipated Vertigo Crime Line with some of the top talents in the industry. Moderated by senior VP/executive editor, Vertigo, Karen Berger and senior editor Will Dennis, this panel is not to be missed, especially considering the talent present: Peter GrossUnwritten), Jeff Lemire (Sweet Tooth, The Nobody), Jason Starr, Chris Gage, Gabriel Bá, Fábio Moon, and others! Room 5AB

• 6:30-7:3010 Other Ways to Break in as a Comic Creator— "Come back when you have a published credit." Sound familiar? How do you get your first professional break as a comic creator when all the studios are looking for "experience"? Creative director Jessica Leigh Clark-Bojin (Zeros 2 Heroes Media) offers some new options. Room 30CDE
    TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheBug

Oh God I wish I was going. DC does podcasts of some of their panels, but its not the same.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm looking forward to seeing from great articles, interviews, and videos on this years Con. Babs is flying me out to Cali for the big show :D

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pixelized

I'd like for Xerox Kitty to attend so she could apply for a job with Marvel

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @pixelized said:
    " I'd like for Xerox Kitty to attend so she could apply for a job with Marvel "
    You could apply for a job there ^_^

Someone take me..
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pixelized

That's true, Marvel has a rather loose definition of "Talent" that they use when looking for employees. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Media_Master

Can't wait to see the videos of this !!!!

SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SuperCoonce

stoked for you guys to get down there -- god speed.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain

I'll go next year , but I wish I could see that Dexter panel for this upcoming season.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kurrent

I wish I could go this year but I just bought a house that I need to furnish. I'm definitely going to NYCC though

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By No_Name_

If there are certain specific things you want to see covered, please let us know. This includes interviews of creators and such. Post here or direct PM G-Man or I.

CaptHowdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 188

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By CaptHowdy

If I were to go, my ideal sched would look something like this:

Wed... I would have to check out V!

Thursday
    Ranked by priority:

1 DC: Superman: Two Worlds
    2 Spotlight on Geoff Johns
    3 Golden and Silver Age Comics
    4 Spotlight on Gail Simone
    5 DCJSA: The Great Society

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By No_Name_
    @CaptHowdy said:
    " If I were to go, my ideal sched would look something like this:

Wed... I would have to check out V !

Thursday
    Ranked by priority:

1 DC: Superman: Two Worlds
    2 Spotlight on Geoff Johns
    3 Golden and Silver Age Comics
    4 Spotlight on Gail Simone
    5 DCJSA: The Great Society "
    Thank you! I will keep that in mind!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Babs said:
    " If there are certain specific things you want to see covered, please let us know. This includes interviews of creators and such. Post here or direct PM G-Man or I. "
    Dan Didio interview. I wanna know what he has planned (if anything) for Lady Shiva, David Cain, and Cassandra Cain. Thanx :)
    Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@SuperCoonce said:
    "stoked for you guys to get down there -- god speed. "

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By deathswitch

superman two worlds

and batman 
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Babs: Can you by any chance find out what's going on sunday?
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By No_Name_
    @geraldthesloth said:

" @Babs: Can you by any chance find out what's going on sunday? "

I will post the Sunday schedule as soon as I get into the office today.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.