San Diego Comic Con: First Night!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

What  a crazy night! I think I got four hours of sleep last night, but it's all good and I am totally ready for day two!

After we got back to our hotel from the Convention Center, we managed to get an hour of rest, and tons of video interviews compressed and ready to go up today. I took a quick shower, then headed off to a private Archaia Comics party in downtown San Diego. I met some incredible people out showing their support for 'Days Missing,' the latest comic from Archaia. When the open bar closed, it was time to move down the street to one of the hotels and meet up with some awesome creators. I shared a drink (granted it was non-alcoholic) with writer/artist Ben Templesmith, Archaia director Stephen Christy, and Marvel writer Jim McCann. We hopped a cab shortly afterward and came back to our hotel to catch a glimpse at all the compressed footage. I must say, I dug it, and I hope you do too. Can't wait for everything to go up tonight!

Don't forget Comic Vine's big get together tonight at the Marriott's very special 'Altitude Lounge' tonight at 9. Hope to see you there!

#1 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow  (:
Have fun ^^

From all of us, the Comicvine users.

#2 Posted by SuperCoonce (425 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome awesome work guys! this is amazing coverage.

Staff
#3 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be hilarious and fun as hell to see (Or be with) a bunch of people dressed as comic characters completely s-faced.

#4 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grendel said:
" I think it would be hilarious and fun as hell to see (Or be with) a bunch of people dressed as comic characters completely s-faced. "
Oh god it'd be a real life (albeit uglier) version of Herogasm
#5 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs I'll be your wingman anytime.  Last night was excellent, I love open bars.

Staff
#6 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing, what I would give to be there!

#7 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

this should be good

#8 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the coverage so far.  Great job!

#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Templesmith. sweeeet

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" What  a crazy night! I think I got four hours of sleep last night, but it's all good and I am totally ready for day two!

After we got back to our hotel from the Convention Center, we managed to get an hour of rest, and tons of video interviews compressed and ready to go up today. I took a quick shower, then headed off to a private Archaia Comics party in downtown San Diego. I met some incredible people out showing their support for 'Days Missing,' the latest comic from Archaia. When the open bar closed, it was time to move down the street to one of the hotels and meet up with some awesome creators. I shared a drink (granted it was non-alcoholic) with writer/artist Ben Templesmith, Archaia director Stephen Christy, and Marvel writer Jim McCann. We hopped a cab shortly afterward and came back to our hotel to catch a glimpse at all the compressed footage. I must say, I dug it, and I hope you do too. Can't wait for everything to go up tonight!  Don't forget Comic Vine's big get together tonight at the Marriott's very special 'Altitude Lounge' tonight at 9. Hope to see you there! "
Jim Mccan?!?!
#11 Edited by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187 said:
" It must've been a good day.  Babs had front page honors for cosplay over on Rotten Tomatoes.  The damn thing rotates through tons of different people, but Babs was definitely on there. "
I knew that was her! I should have said something....
#13 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @jakob187 said:
" It must've been a good day.  Babs had front page honors for cosplay over on Rotten Tomatoes.  The damn thing rotates through tons of different people, but Babs was definitely on there. "
I knew that was her! I should have said something.... "
Someone posted the link up in this story over at Giant Bomb for the picture, which made those of us who visit Comic Vine (even though I just now finally set up an account today) giggle a little.  Give the credit to Mercanis over at GB.  He's the man hunting down the links.  I'm just relaying the message and saying "awesome coverage and way to get noticed by another big name website" to Comic Vine.  Seriously...the interview with Mark Waid had me grinning from ear to ear.

Now, I've gotta go hit up that Blackest Night spoiler thread!!!
#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187 said:
" @Sparda said:
" @jakob187 said:
Someone posted the link up in this story over at Giant Bomb for the picture, which made those of us who visit Comic Vine (even though I just now finally set up an account today) giggle a little.  Give the credit to Mercanis over at GB.  He's the man hunting down the links.  I'm just relaying the message and saying "awesome coverage and way to get noticed by another big name website" to Comic Vine.  Seriously...the interview with Mark Waid had me grinning from ear to ear.

"
Huh, must have missed that thread. Kudos to that dude. Happy to see that CV/GB relations seem to be improving after the initial.....unpleasantness.

And get yer damn Viewtiful Joe avatar over here already man! You don't seem complete without it :l
#15 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Sparda said:
" @jakob187 said:

"
Huh, must have missed that thread. Kudos to that dude. Happy to see that CV/GB relations seem to be improving after the initial.....unpleasantness.And get yer damn Viewtiful Joe avatar over here already man! You don't seem complete without it :l "
What unpleasantness?

And damn Babs did make first on that list.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.