San Diego Comic Con: Day One!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap, I can't feel my legs!

I never imagined that I would run into so many cool people, but today I most certainly did! I scored interviews you guys will not believe and got the chance to hang out with some incredible creators. It is not every day that I can honestly say I stood there in my red boots completely awed at the notion of being in the presence of some of the greatest people in the comic book industry; but I did that today, and all I have to say is I freaking love my job!

Secondary to scoring some incredible interviews, was the reaction of seeing little girls stare in wonder. It is so amazing how powerful the image of Wonder Woman is. I never before realized how truly iconic her character was, until I had to don the silver bracelets and tiara and stand for pictures. I will not forget the look on the faces of the little girls today, it really moved me. It was like they were seeing their hero come to life from the pages and panels of the comic books they read, and I was truly honored to don the costume.

Not many press wore costumes, but I have to say that being in the minority, I loved it. It felt great to really get into the spirit of the convention, and to connect with fans just like me. I hope that for those of you that could not make it this year, my blogging inspires you to go. I am on my way to an Archaia party and will have plenty of pictures from tonight's event as well. Today's interviews will probably go up tomorrow so stay tuned!

Check out the day in twit-pics!

Mark Waid (Kingdom Come) moderates the Gail Simone (Wonder Woman) panel!

Dude, is that a real gun?!

Costume change!

Check out the sick Iron Man suits! Word.

First stop: Marvel booth for three interviews. Awesome way to kick start the day!

One hour before show time! Check out the masses!

Walking to the Convention Center!
#1 Edited by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

The star wars backpack in the 6th picture is too cute

#2 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Iron Men were AWESOME!
Lucky.
stupid panel-people who gyped my father...

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" The star wars backpack in the 6th picture is too cute "
HA! I didn't even notice that
#4 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
HA! I didn't even notice that "
you want one now don't you?
#5 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww..Babs...that is so cool you got such reaction from the little ones.  Can't wait for more goodies from you and everyone else.  Holy Smokes--that crowd.   

#6 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's a great Mandalorian suit !

Man that sucks you walked in those heels all day. That place is like 3 football fields long, but hey it was worth it. Especially making the little girls happy to see their hero walking around.

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
HA! I didn't even notice that "
you want one now don't you? "
Heck yes!
#8 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit, I felt bad when I saw you had heels on when you posted the pictures on Twitter. That must have been hell. I hope to make it to a Con next year.

#9 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!! What an awesome day. You must seriously be Wonder Woman. R2D2 backpack!!!! LOL 8D

Seriously, those Iron Man suits. Try to get a vid of that if you can!!
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

so jealous!

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs is an inspiration to all little girls :D

#12 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for rocking out the live updates Babs!

#13 Posted by dondasch (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Rest up Babs, another day of awesomeness ahead.

#14 Posted by CaptHowdy (193 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by CaptHowdy (193 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW.. all this reporting is really making me seriously look at flying down there next year.

#16 Posted by SuperCoonce (425 posts) - - Show Bio

looks sooo crazy! are you more stoked, or more tired?

Staff
#17 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great Babs!!

#18 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Boba Fett was awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.