Questions Comic-Con panelists don't want to hear

#1 Posted by OracleX (294 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling a subject like this has been put up here before but I thought it would be fun to start a new one.

To DC: Does your intent to relaunch the entire DC universe indicate your endorsement of the legalization of cannabis? The comprehension of such a total re-imagination of 52 issues suggest that the ingestion of a natural drug might be highly beneficial.

To Marvel: Is your continued over-use of Wolverine an indication that your company is delusional?

To Joss Whedon: Once you are done rolling in millions from your Avengers gig, will you forget about the Dr. Horrible sequel that fans have been waiting since before some of your youngest avenger fans were born?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio

To DC: Why do you still have Liefield employed?? Is he doing your taxes??
 
I'm kidding, he's not that bad

#3 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey DC panel what are your Superman plans for 2013??" LMAO. Oh, how I wish someone could drop that, or "Which version of Superman will we see in the 2013 film?" "the Grant Morrison version??" lol, oh the average fan is gonna roast a weenie on that one....

#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

To Marvel: Do you regret having Matt Fraction on the X-Men?

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio

Got another
 
To Marvel: Guys....Fear Itself.......WTF??

#6 Posted by TearsInRain (64 posts) - - Show Bio

To DC: So are we expecting another Batman film trilogy considering the success of the Nolan films?

#7 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio

To DC Panel: Is your rumored no skirts rule, for female characters, to send a message to people that dress wear associated and identified as female wear is not as heroic as mens wear? Do women in order to get more respect and heroic qualities need to start pretending to be men? Is it okay if maybe then we can get some facial hair on some of the girls as well? You know? So they can be more heroic and strong? Or if its because of more mundane practical reasons... then what is up with Starfire and Harley? Is this a subtle hint of racism?  Do the female writers and artists you employ also have to abide by the no skirts rule? Oh what? Oh... you only have one female writer... I see... and she wears Geoff John's pants into the office everyday? Makes sense... 
 
To Marvel Panel: Why does the Black Panther have to dress up in American flag colors in order to be accepted by your fans? Are you implying that Americans are inherently racist? If so, why was Matt Fraction allowed to draw Thor and Sif naked in his Mighty Thor book? Yet we are still yet to see Storm and Luke Cage naked? Is this because of OMD? Oh, what do you mean I make no sense, are your comics bigoted against crazy people as well?  
 
Walking Dead Panel: Did you guys have to eat human flesh, to you know? Better know your characters roles? How did it taste? I bet it tasted like spicy chicken right? That's what it tastes like to me.. 
 
All Female Panel: Marjorie Liu!!!!!! I love you, will you marry me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!!?

Moderator
#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

To DC: Why do you treat Superman so bad?
 
To Marvel: Why do you suck?

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

To DC: Liefeld. Seriously? 
 
To Marvel: Bendis. Seriously?

#10 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaking Dawn Panel: *looks down at ground* *eye twitch* Like... thank you for the panel, but like... how does it feel *hair twirl* knowing that, the majority of people in a 10 kilometer area outward from this point, like, really, really despise you guys, and hate you to the core, like deeply and passionately? I mean? *hair flick, eye twitch* I know, that the people in this room, like you, but most people here at Comic Con today, have a raging all defining hatred for you and your work.. is that easy to deal with? *nauseous look* *hair flick* Not only that, but the people that don't openly despise and hate you... like... want to violently impregnate you *points at Taylor Lautner,* all the girls here hate you and want to slap the life out of you, and then wear you like a body suit *points at Kristen Stewart* and its illegal for me to say what they want to do with you Bob *points at Robert Pattison* just, like... curious... thanks... *eye twitch* 

Moderator
#11 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

To Spider-Man writers: When is Eddie going to be venom again?
 
(I'm sick of this question, and I'm not even on the panel)

#12 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone actually asked this today at the 52 panel 
 

2:45

A fan who liked the multiple generations of speedsters asked about Wally West and his family in the DCnU
2:45

DiDio "Right now there are no plans for Wally West in the new Flash series"
2:45

The series focuses on the uniqueness of how someone who moves and thinks near the speed of light lives.

2:50

Q: "I'm here to still talk about Wally West..."
2:50

DiDio "okay..."
2:50

Fan: "Last year you said you took Wally off the table so Barry could be the sole focus, and now you're still saying that again."
2:52

DiDio "We did say that last year cause we did want to build Barry Allen up as much as possible, and this year with the relaunch even more so"
2:52

Fan "How does that work when you ahve four robins running around?"
2:52

DiDio "I think we could do that with all the characters" He ended the conversation by saying "I think we'll be sticking with Barry for awhile."
#13 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
Someone actually asked this today at the 52 panel 
 
2:45

A fan who liked the multiple generations of speedsters asked about Wally West and his family in the DCnU
2:45

DiDio "Right now there are no plans for Wally West in the new Flash series"
2:45

The series focuses on the uniqueness of how someone who moves and thinks near the speed of light lives.

2:50

Q: "I'm here to still talk about Wally West..."
2:50

DiDio "okay..."
2:50

Fan: "Last year you said you took Wally off the table so Barry could be the sole focus, and now you're still saying that again."
2:52

DiDio "We did say that last year cause we did want to build Barry Allen up as much as possible, and this year with the relaunch even more so"
2:52

Fan "How does that work when you ahve four robins running around?"
2:52

DiDio "I think we could do that with all the characters" He ended the conversation by saying "I think we'll be sticking with Barry for awhile."
I laughed.
#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
To Spider-Man writers: When is Eddie going to be venom again?  (I'm sick of this question, and I'm not even on the panel)
Never. And he's better for it. :P
#15 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Breaking Dawn Panel: *looks down at ground* *eye twitch* Like... thank you for the panel, but like... how does it feel *hair twirl* knowing that, the majority of people in a 10 kilometer area outward from this point, like, really, really despise you guys, and hate you to the core, like deeply and passionately? I mean? *hair flick, eye twitch* I know, that the people in this room, like you, but most people here at Comic Con today, have a raging all defining hatred for you and your work.. is that easy to deal with? *nauseous look* *hair flick* Not only that, but the people that don't openly despise and hate you... like... want to violently impregnate you *points at Taylor Lautner,* all the girls here hate you and want to slap the life out of you, and then wear you like a body suit *points at Kristen Stewart* and its illegal for me to say what they want to do with you Bob *points at Robert Pattison* just, like... curious... thanks... *eye twitch* 
"Hey Stephanie, how does it feel to experience your wet dream on the big screen? Did you make Pattison make out with you to get the role? and if so, how much did he hate himself after the fact?"
#16 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  lol
Moderator
#17 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

To Gail Simone: Are you sexist?

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#19 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

To Wonder Woman panel: So how about that TV pilot?

#20 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

To Greg Land: Watch any good porn lately?

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: What would you say to Joe Q?
#22 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Caligula: What would you say to Joe Q?
So do you just like hate Spider-Man? or do you just really love watching comic empires fall?
#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: F***ing genius
#24 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Caligula: F***ing genius
I try :D
#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: What about Bendis and Didio?
#26 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Caligula: What about Bendis and Didio?
To Bendis: So what happened after DareDevil? did you have an accident, or get into a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather?
 
Not sure on Didio honestly, I'd have to think a bit.
#27 Posted by CraftyArrow (123 posts) - - Show Bio

DC: Why do you hate Captain Marvel?

#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Awesome XD
#29 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Caligula: Awesome XD
thanks.
 
(although some these are just for comedy, because I actually like Gail Simone quite a lot, it would just be funny to see her reaction)
#30 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
To  DC:   So, like... Doomsday versus Thanos.  Morals are off.  Fight to the death.  Who wins?
To Marvel:  So, like... Thanos versus Doomsday...Morals are off.  Fight to the death.  Who wins? 
 
To DC:  After the rebo...relaunch, will Wonder Woman still be a lesbian?  If so, will we like, get to see some, Wonder Woman / Zatanna action anytime soon?
 
To Marvel:  Do you have any plans to write a NEW story arc for the X-men or will you keep recycling the same crap you've been recycling for fifty years now?
 
To DC: Why is Batman so prone to having relationships with young boys?  Is there a hidden message there?  Young boys... tights.... late nights... ropes...  At what age is a boy considered to be 'too old' to hang out with Batman?
 
To Marvel
:  One can't help but notice that, lately, Spider-man has been getting dangerously close to having a partially happy life.  You've actually let him get a decent job which he loves, which pays him enough to live off of so that he's not homeless or begging to live with people.  He's in a relationship with a woman who hasn't yet been kidnapped or killed by a villain.  He's even part of the Future Foundation, which he loves.  He's actually using his intelligence to his advantage these days.  AND you've actually got him learning to fight so he gets his ass kicked LESS than he usually does.   My question to you then, is this; WTF?  This is freaking SPIDER-MAN!  You ALWAYS keep him miserable, it's what you do!  Happy marriage?  Undo it...  decent apartment?  Lose his job, can't pay his rent.  Supporting himself as a photographer?  Make him use PHOTOSHOP to fake a picture and LIE so that his reputation is ruined and he can't get a job...  Tell the truth, you have some plans to have Norman Osborn kidnap Aunt May. and Spider-Man will fail to save her and she'll die in his arms.  Carlie will happen upon the scene and think Spider-man killed Aunt May.... THEN, Carlie will go on a crusade to find the villain Spider-Man.  She'll be come obsessed in her work and forget about Peter.  To make it worse, she'll become a lesbian during the course of her investigation and have a sordid soiree with Black Cat.  Spider-man, of course, will walk in on the two of them and Black Cats bad luck powers will trigger so that Carlie will learn that her boyfriend, Peter Parker, is actually Spider-man.  She'll turn the evidence over to her boss, who will have a warrant sworn out for Peter Parker, and have him arrested for the death of his own Aunt May!  Naturally, he'll lose his high paying job, be kicked off the Future Foundation, kicked off the Avengers, and never again allowed to join in their reindeer games!.......  or, something like that?
#31 Edited by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:


 
To DC: Why is Batman so prone to having relationships with young boys?  Is there a hidden message there?  Young boys... tights.... late nights... ropes...  At what age is a boy considered to be 'too old' to hang out with Batman?
 
 
.......Don't make it weird... 

#32 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@desperado_: Well, it IS the type of question they wouldn't want, right?
#33 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@desperado_: Well, it IS the type of question they wouldn't want, right?
Its the type of question no one wants.
#34 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@desperado_ said:
@Timandm said:
@desperado_: Well, it IS the type of question they wouldn't want, right?
Its the type of question no one wants.
Well, let's hope people reading this have a sense of humor, eh?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.