God hates Nerds

Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
http://kotaku.com/5588292/hate-church-targets-comic+con

May God have mercy on our souls.
According to Westboro Baptist Church, comics are a bad thing! Forgive me Father for I have sinned.  They say:

Are you kidding?! If these people would spend even some of the energy that they spend on these comic books, reading the Bible, well no high hopes here. They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made: 9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not. It is time to put away the silly vanities and turn to God like you mean it. The destruction of this nation is imminent - so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry.

So what do you sinners think? Are we damned?
#1 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio

yay, hellfire for everyone! seriously though i can only think of one person at could be considered guilty of "idolatry" *cough, rbysjti, cough*. if i'm going to hell, can i at least take ages of thunder with me? i'll get bored.

#2 Posted by IrishX (2354 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
"So what do you sinners think? Are we damned? "

Probably..... but not because your read comics lol.
#3 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Westburo Baptist Church is just crazy. But that is hilarious! I mean their "God Hates Fags" campaign is just disgusting to see but "god hates nerds" is hilarious! If Kitty Pryde is wrong then I don't want to be right!

#4 Posted by Kenjav (155 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Edited by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Call Jim Gordon and tell him to light up the Bat-Signal it seems like some inmates have escaped from Arkham again.

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hamz said:
" Call Jim Gordon and tell him to light up the Bat-Signal it seems like some inmates have escaped from Arkham again. "
Pretty much the best nerd response that could've been posted here.
#8 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they are hilarious 
half of their creeds and beliefs are wrong religion wise 
they constantly contradict themselves 
and their campaigns are deplorable  
they should be locked up

#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

If that's how it is, I'm going to hell and I like it.
#10 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

that is just wrong
God is a loving presence not someone who is mad at anything. He will let good people in heaven.
And then almost everyone is baned in hell people who love Eminem or other stars or actors

#11 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden:  Sorry, I usually don't mess with people personal beliefs, but you guys in USA have greatest time losers. 

@hdorman1 said:
"  they should be locked up "
Sadly, times like this I reconsider the born freedom of speech....
#12 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the one comment on the page that calls them "real life trolls"

#13 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

God hates people who threaten people to go to hell because of a hobby lol

#14 Posted by cbishop (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

People get funny ideas about what God likes and doesn't like.  I used to pass a Baptist church every day, that always had funny sayings on its sign.  Spotting the pastor changing the sign one day, I stopped to tell him how much I liked the signs (I was on a bike, so I had plenty of time).  We talked for a long while, and he started telling me that no music was acceptable, except hymn music.  So I sang a song about something silly - probably praising myself, or something - to the tune of "Amazing Grace," then did a rap for him that was straight from Scripture.  He invited me in to talk to his youth pastor, who I kid you not, had just finished teaching his youth group about the bad influences of rock music. 

He proceeded to tell me how music takes you over, and makes you want to dance in lude ways.  I cut him off and told him God gave him free will and a brain in order to use it.  I consider myself a Christian, but unfortunately, like any other religion or cause, Christianity has its share of Granola - the fruits, nuts and flakes.

#15 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh great,those guys... 
Whatever Church is breeding that sort of stupidty needs to get the axe,'cause there's no way they're more for God than they are there own self-rightousness.

#16 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hamz said:
" Call Jim Gordon and tell him to light up the Bat-Signal it seems like some inmates have escaped from Arkham again. "
LMAO.
#17 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
"http://kotaku.com/5588292/hate-church-targets-comic+con

May God have mercy on our souls.
According to Westboro Baptist Church, comics are a bad thing! Forgive me Father for I have sinned.  They say:

Are you kidding?! If these people would spend even some of the energy that they spend on these comic books, reading the Bible, well no high hopes here. They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made: 9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not. It is time to put away the silly vanities and turn to God like you mean it. The destruction of this nation is imminent - so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry.

So what do you sinners think? Are we damned? "

I wish I was at the Con this year... 
SO I COULD KICK THIS JERKS IN THEIR BALLS!!!! 
1. Their taking Romans 9:13 WAY the hell outta context, in fact, How in the hell did these morons get "God hates Nerds" out of that? 
And they dare to call themselves Christians...bastards. 
2. What the hell did comic fans do to you guys? they aren't worshipped you over-zealous puritans! 

Friggin' dumb-ass morons like these guys are the ones that give off bad-names...
#18 Posted by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so f**king  hilarious!

#19 Posted by Ncm2700 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

so dumb

#20 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

If it were up to some idiots God would hate everyone.

#21 Posted by VickyVons (232 posts) - - Show Bio

funny

#22 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:

Actually I think that's the exact quote from the bible :)

There is only one problem with that, it goes against everything else Christ taught, with his "The meek shall inherit the Earth" stuff.. because I mean comic nerds as a rule are pretty meek.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.