Comic Vine's San Diego Comic-Con Coverage Begins (Updated)

• 178 results
Posted by G-Man (32790 posts) - - Show Bio

We are just hours away from  the first day of San Diego Comic-Con. Sure Wednesday is Preview Night but since the doors will be opening, let's make it official. This is Comic Vine's third year covering the craziness that goes on and we're going with the biggest crew we've ever assembled.

Besides me and Sara, we will be bringing video producers Joey and Ana. Ethan (Red LAMP) and Daniel (Riezner) will be along as well as Mat (Inferiorego) and Tom (Tom Pinchuk). You would think that was enough but no, we're bringing along more. Norm from Tested.com will be there snapping away photos and covering any major happenings he comes across and Rorie from Screened.com will be there as well to cover the major movie and TV news that will be brewing. Sora_thekey will be on hand to assist us and mrrpm01 will be hanging with us showing off his amazing costumes that you've most likely seen in the past, as well as some new amazing ones. (Updated)
 == TEASER ==
How can you keep up with everything that we see? Here on Comic Vine we will post videos daily letting you see the interviews we do plus a daily update on what you can look forward to seeing. As you wait for the videos to go live, you can keep up to date on what's happening through our Twitter accounts:

@ComicVine - The official Comic Vine account letting you know what we're doing.
@GManFromHeck - My account pointing out some of the things I come across.
@Babs_SaraLima - Babs will let you know what interviews she's doing and what she's eating for lunch.
@Inferiorego - We're planning on having Mat cover Hall H, the big movie hall so he'll tell you all about Green Lantern and the Avengers.
@TomPinchuk - When he's not busy signing copies of Hybrid Bastards, he'll be out doing "The Tom Pinchuk Show."
@red_lamp - As soon as he arrives, his plan is to find the booth babes.
@riezner - Daniel holds the secret to where the Comic Vine SDCC t-shirts will be given away at.
@mmrp01 - Eddie will be dressed to kill in his homemade costumes.
@sora_thekey - will be at our mercy, doing whatever we ask him to do.
@nchan - Norm will be walking around snapping pics so you'll feel like you're here. Say cheese.
@frailgesture - Rorie will have to put up with Inferiorego's cravings for KFC as he does a complete movie coverage for Screened.com.
@HDJoey - When not doing Cyclops impressions for the fans, Joey and Ana will be filming and editing all our videos.

Don't forget about our Meet-up Friday night at Sloppy Joey's (more info. here).

If you thought our SDCC coverage last year was killer, you ain't seen nothing yet. As we arrive for Preview Night, make sure you stop us and say hello when you see us. We have a busy schedule interview comic creators and animation voice actors. This is going to be the biggest Comic-Con yet. Hope to see you there.

Preview Night Updates:

Staff
#1 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to it!

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9011 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope see you guys there

#3 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Have fun! 
Wish I was there.

#4 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know much about hall H, but i hear thats where all tha movie stuff is, is that correct? cuz if it is, i will definitely steer clear of that when i go next year
#5 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
awesome.
#6 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm goingggggggg :)

#7 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" I'm goingggggggg :) "
reallyyyy
#8 Posted by danhimself (22499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
I smell a fibber
#9 Edited by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm now following you all on twitter, and Ana & Joey on comicvine. 
See you guys at Comic Con 2011 and possibly 2012.
#10 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

See you there!

#11 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, where can I find you guys mostly?

#12 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Find me on the convention floor for a free Comic Vine t-shirt! Only charge is a high five!

#13 Posted by inferiorego (23318 posts) - - Show Bio

I get to sit in a seat for 10 hours straight... how did GMan know I love to sit?

Staff
#14 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:
But do you like to upload shaky camera footage of film footage of not yet released movies?
#15 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

O.M.G. you guys. I am SO jelly.

#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147085 posts) - - Show Bio

Have a nice time there guys. I wish I could go.
#17 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i envy all of you

#18 Posted by iloverobots (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you summer classes, wish I would go. Oh well... there's always next eyar! 

Have a blast guys! and enjoy the booth babes.

#19 Edited by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Ana isn't good enough to have her Twitter account shown to the masses :P

#20 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

God I wish I could be there ;( But all we have here in Belgium is FACTS, which isn't anywhere near as spectacular as SDCC. Must move to the US. Soon!

#21 Posted by NightFang (9995 posts) - - Show Bio

Have a great time there, you guys.

#22 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:  Can you just make a twitter list on your comicvine account like you have for editors? That way it will be much easier to follow.
#23 Posted by sora_thekey (8162 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey - will be at our mercy, doing whatever we ask him to do. 

Yes I will!
I will do everything except clean windows.... the convention center has staff for that kind of stuff  See you guys later today! 
#24 Posted by inferiorego (23318 posts) - - Show Bio

@frailgesture - Rorie will have to put up with Inferiorego's cravings for KFC as he does a complete movie coverage for Screened.com. 

I only have them when you and Babs are in town...
Staff
#25 Posted by kittenpride (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys going to be there all four days?
I could only get tickets to Sundays... CC =/

#26 Posted by MichelleEaley (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Have fun.  I hope you guys report on comic related news and not tangent stuff like GLEE.  I like the show, but it has no business being at Comic Con

#27 Posted by gpbmike (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so many of your guys going. You didn't need someone to write some javascript for you down there?!

Staff
#28 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: @inferiorego said:

"

I only have them when you and Babs are in town... "
KFCs are kind of rare in San Diego. I only know of 2 KFCs within 20 minute drive of downtown. One in Mission Valley area (on Friar's I think, near Mission Gorge) and one in North Park.

As a born and raised Kentuckian ( :) ) living in San Diego (10+ years), I think you're a bit out of luck if you're looking for KFC in the downtown area. Although, there might be one in Horton's Plaza food court - I haven't been there in a while.
#29 Posted by satanmode (295 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only been to SDCC once and it was insane.  I thought the convention hall I had been to in the past were huge, but no comparison to SDCC!

#30 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
Lucky. :(
#31 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch said:
"@G-Man:  Can you just make a twitter list on your comicvine account like you have for editors? That way it will be much easier to follow. "

Agreed with this statement.
#32 Posted by satanmode (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I was there, standing in line, standing in line, running, standing in the wrong line, punching a man dressed as a giant baby.  Or was it a gaint baby?  hmm...

#33 Posted by girl of steal (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13 said:
" @jamesewelch said:
"@G-Man:  Can you just make a twitter list on your comicvine account like you have for editors? That way it will be much easier to follow. "
Agreed with this statement. "
Totally concur.
#34 Posted by ILuvMsMarvel (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I was there.

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9011 posts) - - Show Bio

Two more days intill I go to Comic Con 

#36 Posted by Tormenta (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck :D

#37 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad I'm poor and live in Philly.

#38 Posted by Dek7264 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. So wish I was going to SDCC this year.
#39 Posted by girl of steal (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Friday...

#40 Posted by PhantomAres (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling I will be spending the next week cursing the fact I was born in England XD

#41 Posted by Oversoulx1 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it

#42 Posted by Blue_Shield (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring on the craziness!
#43 Posted by Spotter (16 posts) - - Show Bio

If only I could come! I have a lot planned for this week so it's virtually impossible.

#44 Posted by mightiness (291 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome con in the best.

#45 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE!

#46 Posted by Bathory1313 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could be there... I will be here to hear all about it

#47 Edited by Preacherl2k (460 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see what all gets covered~! I want to see all the goodies!

#48 Posted by mightiness (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay

#49 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are doing an awesome job!  Wish I was there!
#50 Posted by The Average Bear (2076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
WHAT!? I am so surprised. 

I hope you have fun! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.