Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

Comic Con 2011 Question

nszerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

Edited By nszerdy

For anyone going to comic con----would anyone be willing to get something signed for me if I paid you!?  I wish they had a service--I want to get like 2 signatures--but I don't want to travel to the other side of the country!

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jamesewelch
    @nszerdy:  Getting things signed can sometimes be difficult. Depending on who you're wanting to sign it, there can be a huge line. Some guys (like Rob Liefeld sometimes) only signs specific items that you need to buy from a signing sponsor (like toys, etc.). Other times, some lesser known/influential writers you can just walk right up to and get them to sign something. I got Larry Hama (GI Joe), Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo), Ryan Ottley (Invincible), and Jason Howard (Amazing Wolfman) , and Rob Liefeld's autographs last year and only had to buy the X-Force toy to get Rob's. Larry and Stan's booth were both empty and I just walked up to them and talk to them for a bit. Ryan and Jason were busy drawing and handing out copies of their books, but had time to do a quick autograph.

If you can let me know who it is, then I can try, but I don't want to promise anything. If it's a big name writer/artist, then there's less of a chance, but if it's someone who I can easily grab an autograph then I can try. If it's someone like Stan Lee, then it's probably a can't do it from me.
    JordanBoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JordanBoone

Also, it's a huge time suck waiting in line for autographs with no guarantee.  Obviously, some people go there just for exclusives and autographs and stuff, but many would prefer to be sitting in discussion panels, watching movies, short films or anime, or just wandering the Exhibit Hall.  I wouldn't even consider waiting in line to get an autograph for somebody else unless you were willing to pay like $50 an hour, for however long it took, whether or not I got the signature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.