A Christian's Thoughts on "God Hates Nerds"

• 64 results
#51 Posted by Alladin Sane (55 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:

Well, here it is. 

They have over-stepped the line now. 

So according to the King James version rom. 9:13 is As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
 What does that have to do with Nerds!?!
#52 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Pointless bump was pointless. 

#53 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

hey, would'ya quit throwing stones!
I'm trying to read a comic here! ;)

#54 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, do they spesify Nerd = comic book fans, or do they mean nerds in general?

if they're talking about just regular nerds (without any spesification), they could be considered nerds themselves!
They are most definitly nerds of the bible, which is sort of like a graphic novel, but without pictures. (in fact, I have a manga of the bible!) 

I can picture it now: a fan of batman keeps pestering God about where Martha and Thomas Wayne are. That would be annoying

#55 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent9149 said:

God hates nerds =p God is the biggest nerd ever..he created the laws of known and unknown forms of physics, someone's ass will be handed to them when they die

= D

#56 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

some christians honestly can be dumbass they make the rest of us look dumb

#57 Posted by BlackArmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

An Atheist Perspective of god hates nerds: Ahem.........Dear Savior will you please smite the Westbro church? In your name we pray all hail lord Superman

#58 Edited by cbishop (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Savior and Superman are two different characters. Please keep your prayers straight. ;P

#59 Edited by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

@BlackArmor: Savior and Superman are two different characters. Please keep your prayers straight. ;P

LOL!!! I always felt Superman was a bit of a riff on Jesus Christ.

What ever pic you think is original (with "fags" or "nerds" at the bottom) what strikes me is how terribly out of context the Romans passage is being used.

Oh...nice entry BTW...

#60 Posted by cbishop (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: Someone let me know the God Hates Fags pic was the original, and the God Hates Nerds pic was a photoshop job. Any scripture applied to this sort of hatred is out of context.

And thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated.

#61 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Great article!!! I do hope that the picture is off though. The verse doesn't really fit with the protest. Unless, of course, Esau was the first nerd in existence. (Romans 9:13)

Anything can be made an idol if it takes the place of God. But, God has given us things like comic books as a blessing. As long as we enjoy and use the gift without appraising it above God, then we're fine. (Luther explains this pretty well in his explanation of the first commandment in the Large Catechism.)

... If you're interested, I also do a comic book devotion every week using a different book/theme/character as a parable for Christian philosophy. You can find it on Super Inc. or The Raven. The Raven also has random posts about other stuff too.

#62 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: I forgot to mention that The Raven also has a Facebook feed.

#63 Posted by cbishop (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatFriar_16: As I put in the update, someone apparently photoshopped it to say "Nerds" instead of "Fags." Interesting info on the rest.

#64 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I understand that sentiment completely. Fortunately, everyone's done a good job ignoring these people and recognizing that their statements and positions have little to do with mainstream Christianity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.