2011 San Diego Comic Con Tickets

#1 Posted by ugli (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone manage to purchase them today?  I tried for about 2 hours as soon as sales opened and now it's saying to try again Nov 8... anyone know what happened? :(

#2 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

I was able to purchase mine about 3 minutes ago... after they put up the Nov 8 message. The ticket company web server is still working, they just took the link off the CCI page... :)

#3 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Just tried to purchase a 2nd ticket for fiance... now ticket servers are offline :/

#4 Posted by ugli (88 posts) - - Show Bio

aw boo, i just tried buying after i saw your post

ugh i couldnt get through at all! i wonder what went wrong

#5 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Twitterverse is saying 100k users tried hitting their servers at 9am this morning. 

#SDCCFail
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23SDCCFAIL

Comic Con International will announce next monday (Nov 8) when the servers will be back online. That doesn't mean tickets will be purchasable then, just that they'll then tell you when.

#6 Posted by ugli (88 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome, thanks for the info!

#7 Posted by MrGutts (235 posts) - - Show Bio

So tickets will be going on sale now , Feb 5th?

#8 Posted by Thunderstone (579 posts) - - Show Bio
@ugli: how much do these tickets go for a piece?
#9 Posted by panels (3 posts) - - Show Bio

There were a lot of problems with getting tickets this year-- all's not lost, though, sometimes you can still find them. I know Radical Publishing is having a contest for four-day passes, it's on their facebook: http://www.facebook.com/radicalpublishing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.