SDCC 2013: Scenes From Around a Convention

Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to believe it's been over a week since SDCC 2013 started. We put up a lot of coverage this week. We put up 37 videos (which you can see all of them HERE), loads news and panel coverage (found HERE), a Cosplay gallery and images from our open case tour of Sideshow Collectibles.

But what about the other parts of Comic-Con?

A lot of people don't realize or consider just how many people attend Comic-Con. Besides the creators and celebrities, there are thousands and thousands of fans that make the journey to San Diego to take part in the celebration. San Diego evolves into another place.

Even through all the videos and images, I don't think the actual vibe of the city and convention is really conveyed to those at home.

These images come courtesy of Pat Loika, who took several Cosplay images as well.

So if you were there last weekend or missed out and want to get a better feel of what happened, check out all our coverage. There is a GALLERY containing more "random" SDCC images to give you a better sense of what it's like.

It was great seeing everyone there. Me, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Andy and Eddie all had a great time. We will have more content coming, including the Off THEIR Minds videos and perhaps some segments from the GameSpot live show. Next up is Fan Expo in August and then definitely NYCC in October. Perhaps some other shows this year but those two are the definite ones.

Staff
#1 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I was there....

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19943 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to buy one of these and put it on my bedroom door

#4 Posted by Bobsjonjon (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Me 3

#6 Edited by jlmeyer43 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Random Knightfall art is pretty sick

#7 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

SDCC, I will come to you one of these days...on that you can count.

#12 Posted by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

25PAPA

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.