Follow

San Diego Comic-Con 2013

Concept » San Diego Comic-Con 2013 appears in 33 issues.

The 43rd year of the biggest annual comic convention.

SDCC 2013: Marvel Ultimate Universe Panel

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Coming to you live from San Diego Comic Con, in room 6DE, Big things are happening in the Ultimate Universe and hopefully, we'll get some big reveals. The panel starts at 12:30, San Diego time.

12:30 - Here we go. There starting us off with some videos. First was Agents of SHIELD. Next is Avengers Assemble for Disney XD. Then a little clip promoting Infinity, that Thanos mini-series. Axel Alonso is on the stage. Brian Michael Bendis is here. Joshua Hale Fialkov is here as well. Steve Wacker is here as well.

12:35- Bendis on Ultimate Spider-Man. Spider-man puts the suit back on. He'll take on Roxxon, who has been creating all these super-powered beings. They're going to take the fight to Roxxon. Ultimate Taskmaster will appear.

12:40- Ultimate Comics X-Men up. Axel says they're thrilled to have writer Brian Wood on board. "He writes characters authentically." Fialkov on Ultimates: "I wanted to do the craziest thing possible...so my pitch for the story arc was Hulk with two Infinity Gauntlets." Fialkov discusses the Dark Ultimates and how using their intelligence, they have been fixing the world's problems. "The book is a battle of wits between Reed Richards and Tony Stark... Reed Richards won that battle by cutting off the top of Tony Stark's head."

Covers and interiors for the upcoming HUNGER mini-series

12:45- Fialkov on HUNGER, which has the 616 Galactus in the Ultimate universe, which is happening in July, according to the powerpoint. Fialkov: "The story starts with Galactus coming through. I've been a big fan of the cosmic universe." Adi Granov is doing the covers. They are incredibly pretty. Axel: "Who's going to survive and what is going to survive?" Leonard Kirk is doing the art on this book. ANNOUNCMENT: Cataclysm: The Ultimates Last Stand. Bendis and Bagley are working on it and it's a 5 issue mini-series. It involves Galactus coming to Earth. It will come out in November of this year. Bendis: "It breaks open the barriers between the Ultimate universe and the regular universe. The Ultimate characters have to find a way to defeat Galactus or sacrifice their world to save the others." It's going to have huge changes on the Ultimate Universe.

No Caption Provided

12:50 - Bendis says this new mini-series IS the sequel to SPIDER-MEN. It will party follow what happened in SPIDER-MEN.

12:55 - Question time... Will we see the Ultimate version of The One Above All? Bendis says there are no plans, but it's interesting. Bendis says there are other books, like in Infinity, that will feature some lesser used characters. At the end of Spider-Men, we see Peter look up Miles Morales, will we see what happens? Bendis says yes. Is Mark Bagley leaving Fantastic Four for this? Nope. Why doesn't the Hunger have a an Ultimate brand on it? Bendis says they didn't want to spoil it. Fialkov says it affects both universes. Would Miles get his own 616 universe book? Bendis says read Cataclysm. There's always a chance.

1:00- When is Peter Parker coming back to Ult? Bendis says he's dead, but there is a 200 issue coming out of Ultimate Spider-Man very soon. Cataclysm sounds very final. Will there be a future for the Ultimate universe? The panel says read Cataclysm. Prepare the rumor mongering on the internet!

1:05- The panel, mainly Bendis, is talking about starting the Ultimate Universe and how it came about. There's no way they'll get rid of the whole universe... That's my opinion, based on how they're talking about. Is there a plan to give the Ultimates a breather? There's always so much going on? Can they get a vacation or a baseball league? Lots of giggling. Will we see Johnny in Ulimates? Fialkov says he loves the Fantastic Four and Ult FF. He really wants to bring them back. "I'm doing everything I can to put them front and center in the Ultimate Universe."

1:10- Bendis on killing Miles' mother. "Miles hadn't had his Uncle Ben moment yet." Plans to create expand Miles' rogues gallery? Yes. Bombshell is coming back. Ult Taskmaster. New characters. Miles needs to beat Norman Osborn. Bendis says he'll create brand new villains.

Covers: Ult Spider-Man 28, Ult X-Men 32, and Ult X-Men 33

1:20- Do you think it's time Miles gets "Superior?" Asker thanks everyone for Miles and Ultimate Spider-Man. Kid asks if they're going to reboot the Ultimate universe. Axel says no, it's not broken and doesn't need a reboot. The kid asking wants new characters. Bendis says he just saw Thor 2, and the kid's mind was blown. Cue laughs and chuckles.

1:25- Last question: Any Ultimate video games coming out? Bendis says there was one for Xbox. There's the Marvel MMO which Bendis wrote. There's some Ultimate stuff in there. Bendis says he loves games and wants to see a "kick-ass game." Panel is over.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

First

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

At the edge of my seat here!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3 inferiorego  Staff
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The Ultimate Universe will be gone and the heroes will be in the 616

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And this is what I don't want to happen. -_-

mrpandopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrpandopool

Wait wasn´t there a rumor a year ago that talked about a series that would confront the ultimates with an event that will end up in a "broken barrier between the two earths (616 and 1610)" and the sacrifice of the ultimate earth for the greater good. Well two thigs about this rumor are now confirmed let´s hope that marvel doesn´t kill the ultimate universe.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That would be really weird and extremely stupid.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

O_o What kinda question is that at 12:55? TOAA exists in all realities, 616, Ultimates or otherwise. So there can't be an Ultimates version of that character.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess even Bendis gets forced into things sometimes...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

The Ultimate Universe is in for a ****storm!

Avatar image for gambitpryde1993
    gambitpryde1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If this is going to be the end of the Ultimate Universe, it might as well be finished by its "founders" Bendis and Bagley. It would be awesome to have a Return of the Jedi type ending with Peter Parker, Wolverine, Professor X, and Iron Man. watching Miles, Kitty, Cloak and Dagger, and the Ultimates take down Galactus.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dabee

Can't wait to see what Bendis does with this.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

Theory: What if they are going the Earth 2 route DC did? You know kill a few of the major players, and then let a new generation/new people rise up to take on the role of the heroes and protectors?

simonchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By simonchan

heroes reborn much? :X

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

Theory: What if they are going the Earth 2 route DC did? You know kill a few of the major players, and then let a new generation/new people rise up to take on the role of the heroes and protectors?

They kind of already did that by killing off Peter-Parker and later most of the X-men with Ultimatum, as well as some of the Ultimates.

I doubt they'll destroy the Ultimate Universe. They have more freedom to do things there than they would in the 616, but I do think they want to mess with it a bit. The Ultimate Universe hasn't really had a huge event since Ultimatum and that went horribly. I just see this as a way for them to have an event in the company that's not part of the main universe so people don't complain about how one event follows the other and has no real consequences.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

They kind of already did that by killing off Peter-Parker and later most of the X-men with Ultimatum, as well as some of the Ultimates.

I doubt they'll destroy the Ultimate Universe. They have more freedom to do things there than they would in the 616, but I do think they want to mess with it a bit. The Ultimate Universe hasn't really had a huge event since Ultimatum and that went horribly. I just see this as a way for them to have an event in the company that's not part of the main universe so people don't complain about how one event follows the other and has no real consequences.

And Yet you still have the big three in the Ulitmate Universe. That's whom I was referring to when I mean that.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By PunyParker

PeterParkerPeterParkerPeterParker pleasepleaseplease!!!!!

Maybe....just maybe.....HERE is where Peter takes his body back.....just maybe.....concidering "Inhuman" event is in December and there's the Amazing costume Spiderman there....

And this Cataclysm event...before December.... :D

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

They'v had big events since Ultimatum

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

yes we were promised that it would never happen and that was what I loved about it. now i'm rather heart broken...BUT... loving how Ultimate Reed beats Tony! and Ultimate Taskmaster Better be as cool or cooler/funnier than his 616 counterpart and still keep his skull mask. actually don't mind being surprised about that.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that will happen.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to see any of these Ultimate counterparts pollute the Marvel Universe.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

They'v had big events since Ultimatum

I've only really counted the United We Stand/Divided We Fall story arc as a big event. Most of the other "events" they had were short mini-series that didn't cross over into other titles. United We Stand/Divided We Fall was really felt and had an effect on all the other Ultimate titles.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By lifeboy

I didn't get that joke at 1:20 about thor 2. Can someone explain it to me?? ?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost hope they just drop the Ultimate U. So much potential and what do they do? Tie it into 616 (which this U. is supposed to be a respite from.) Kill Spider-Man, Wolverine and Cyclops among others for Wolverine Lite, Spidey Lite and Captain Kitty, and pretty much just make it a terrible gaggle F***.

On the bright side, other publishers want my money. They can have it.

Drewyetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, i don't want the ultimate universe to be destroyed because they have spider-woman a female clone of Peter Parker which is cool and Miles Morales, an ethnic Spider-man with powers that Peter Parker lacked. What i think would happen is that the ultimate universe would be given a new name, which i would like to call the All-new universe e.g. All-new Spiderman (Miles Morales), All-new fantastic four (new characters - Siblings or a family of mother, father, sons & daughters), All-new x-men and All-new Avengers and so on.

The ultimate universe has so much freedom to experiment, although it hadn't been the same since that ultimatum such as killing off many characters as possible without giving much time on further character development.

Also the all-new x-men current comics should be renamed the nostalgic x-men because they're the x-men from the past being brought into the present.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

same

that makes sense

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@inferiorego: hi! Sorry to bug you but noone has answered my question of why the joke at 1:20 about thor 2 was funny... Can you explain it to me?? Thanks inferiorego...

PowerCourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ultimate Spider-Man with Miles Morales is the best out of the Ultimate Series

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

who is the one above all???

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

They wanted to increase readership, thus sales, and particularly among young readers. Understandable. Unfortunately, they decided not to focus on little things like "details" as to how some of the stuff they insist "still counted" could've happened if everything else is wiped away. It would have been better to take a page from Marvel's guidebook and create a separate universe line.

ipesdu27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter. I agree that Deborah`s c0mment is good, on friday I got a gorgeous Cadillac sincee geting a check for $7338 this last month and-a little over, $10,000 lass-month. with-out a doubt this is the nicest work Ive had. I began this four months/ago and almost straight away got me over $70, per/hr. I use this website,, http://www.zee44.com

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.