SDCC 2011: Warner Bros. Announces Booth "Toon Up" & Amazing Giveaways

Posted by G-Man (29478 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're going to or have gone to San Diego Comic-Con, you should know that the convention isn't just about the different panels and comic book creators attending. The different publishers and companies go all out in creating amazing booths showing off their products. This year, the Warner Bros. booth will get a family day "toon up" courtesy of Cartoon Network on Sunday, July 24.

Sunday is usually designated as Family Day and for the first time, Warner Bros. is partnering with their Time Warner sister company Cartoon Network. There will be signings by stars and creators from "Regular Show," "Adventure Time," "The Looney Tunes Show," "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" and "Young Justice. There will be a Dance Party with Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny and you'll have the chance to show off your hottest moves on a custom-made Liquid Fusion floor, which makes it look like you're walking on water.

35 workers will work over a combined 500 hours to engineer a Cartoon Network rebrand of the 3,600-square-foot Warner Bros. booth overnight to create an all-new environment for Sunday.

There will also be some pretty sweet giveaways.

== TEASER ==

There will be plenty of one-of-a-kind giveaways and premiums including the giveaway of the Tweety car.

The winner for the Tweety car will be announced on Sunday. Another giveaway will an exclusive Sword of Omens sword from ThunderCats!

Do I have to tell you how badly I would want that sword? Here's a video about how it was made. The first episode of ThunderCats premieres on Cartoon Network on Friday, July 29, at 8:00 pm ET/PT (and then will move to its regular time slot at 8:30 beginning August 5).

Be sure to visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you can win the Sword as well free foam replica swords. There will also be a screening/world premiere of the first episode Friday, July 22 at 3:30 pm in Room 6A.

Staff
#1 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

SWORD GOTTA THAT GET ME!!!!!

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

i.... want.... that..... SWORD!!

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross Hear that everybody? Aiden likes big swords.
#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: of course, i sword fight all the time :P
#5 Posted by longbowhunter (5868 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular Show is some of the funniest shit on TV. I'd kill to be there Sunday!
#6 Posted by Grim (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. killin it this year. i want that tweety ca-um.....er.... SWORD!!!

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11757 posts) - - Show Bio

i want both.
#8 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get them if the price is right.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice! Still, if only I could go :(

#10 Posted by The Impersonator (4315 posts) - - Show Bio

HOOOOOO!

#11 Posted by NightFang (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

I would kill for that Sword!

#12 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

Christ that car is ugly....

#13 Posted by teoP_ehT (155 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting...

#14 Posted by G-Man (29478 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Mistress Redhead.: Sure would be easy to find in a parking lot though. And you can't knock the price ('free').

Staff
#15 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@.Mistress Redhead.: Sure would be easy to find in a parking lot though. And you can't knock the price ('free').

If someone had not stolen it.. ;)

#16 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Is warner brothers offering anything to people who can't afford the arm and a leg to go down and stay for san diego comic con? cause if its not the ticket price that will get you, its the hotel prices.

#17 Posted by pikahyper (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

That car looks super gay lol, nice interior though :D

#18 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper said:
That car looks super gay lol, nice interior though :D
Jajaja is true!!
By the way, I prefer the sword!!
#19 Edited by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

That car looks cool, I'm glad they have a family day,  it's great for the folks who bring there kids. Wish I could go. Hopefully there will be some info on when young justice starts up again.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

How much you think you can sell that car for?

#21 Posted by GraveSp (318 posts) - - Show Bio

bought time we get some new episodes of Young Justice 

#22 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Young Justice back on air!!!  The episode already leaked online...boo for pulling the episode and putting the show on hiatus(???) lol

#23 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that sword is amazing!!
#24 Posted by Samimista (20220 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I could of go this year to get an autograph from Hideo Kojima

#25 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat stuff!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.