SDCC 2011: Day 01 Show Floor Wrap

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff! 
Some day i will be at comic con too.

#2 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw someone grope a statue!!! lol

#3 Edited by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao! "We're at the Mattel booth, they got a lot of cool 'Things' here" (*Shows The Thing, a kid touching The Undertaker's Thing, and that Thing that was supposed to be Parallax) awesome editing ^^

Also, Lilo with her Mul-Ti-Pass was sooooo HOT! and Sara I can't to see your new interview with Stan Lee (are you guys on a first name basis yet?)

#4 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Weeee

#5 Posted by MrMazz (975 posts) - - Show Bio

COMIC COOON man Tony needs to shave

grr no chris evans interview and whats with groping statues

#6 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome and the video editing looks great.  Can't believe Chris Evans' people blew off Sara like that.  It's not very American to turn down an interview request from a lady. Like I said on Twitter. She should of hacked in the SHIELD computers and downloaded Avengers movie information while all the hundred some people weren't looking. Maybe get Tony to distract them.

I don't blame you, Tony. There are a lot of Slave Leias. It almost makes you wonder if they have a quota they have to meet for that at every convention. Also, good for you for getting the Stay Puff air freshener.

#7 Posted by Jolt92 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I wish I could go to SDCC.

#8 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Man.. Sara is so tiny! Look at her next to Tony and those SHIELD agents.. 

Great coverage from day 1! Thanks, guys!

#9 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

i 'm so sorry babs i really am 
@Joe Venom said:

Lmao! "We're at the Mattel booth, they got a lot of cool 'Things' here" (*Shows The Thing, a kid touching The Undertaker's Thing, and that Thing that was supposed to be Parallax) awesome editing ^^

yeah whats up with that @xhavoc86 said: 
I saw someone grope a statue!!! lol

i know editing needed and why was he doing that i such a large crowd
#10 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1065 posts) - - Show Bio

that girl's Yoshi Backpack behind Sara at the end there was awesomely distracting. Or its just my ADD acting up. 

That sucks about not getting a Chris Evans interview. Considering how many times creators, artists, writers, and major names at the big 2 have done interviews I'd hope they'd be able to vouch for CV. I mean I'd think Joe Quesada would be able to pull some strings and say "5 minutes with Comic Vine is worth more to the fans than an hour with Entertainment Tonight." I guess the Hollywood types need everything approved by their managers, agents, and other handlers.

#11 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Sara I am so gutted for you!!! how dare they not let you speak to Chris Evans D: *shakes fist at mean people*

Otherwise, this all looks as awesome as always! GO NORM!

#12 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could go t comic-con but I live in Belgium.
and those SHIELD  agents were funny that's classified.

#13 Posted by RareCheshire (190 posts) - - Show Bio

The "thing" editing was genius!!!

#14 Posted by INCSlayer (9 posts) - - Show Bio

how awesome they have gotten microphones that say "Comicvine" on them just like news teams have

#15 Posted by SirSparkington (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I've learned things about Tony that I never wanted to know.

#16 Posted by Sammo21 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt: I doubt Chris even knows she asked. Probably his handlers keeping him from unofficial interviews.

#17 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz said:

COMIC COOON man Tony needs to shave

I meant to buy a razor when we landed in San Diego...but I forgot. I did shave this morning.

Staff
#18 Posted by rmanthorp (40 posts) - - Show Bio

COMIC-COOOOOOONN

Great video! Grats!

#19 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Such masterful editing. Joey making these recaps happen!

#20 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet G-Man likes Slave Leia. I think he wants to be Slave Leia....Ha Ha! No, that could never happen not with that manly 5:00 shadow. Dude. I thought I was looking at Hank McCoy!

Awesome effort by Sara to get some time with Chris Evans. Poor girl. This was fun!

#21 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

y'all are such people pleasers i love ya :) 

#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I want a Marshmallow Man air-freshener! Man, that really looks like fun though, but Im sorry you couldn't meet Chris Evans, Sara! :(

#23 Posted by buhssuht (14 posts) - - Show Bio

taking picture like a pro norm

#24 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (125 posts) - - Show Bio

The editing on these wrap-ups is always so great!

I like how that one guy was quick to put his hand on that booth babe's hip. That whole "getting a picture with a booth babe" thing seems really weird to me.

Good to see Norm working hard!

And I bet Chris himself wouldn't have minded talking to Sara. Just peeps doing their job!

#25 Posted by StriderNo9 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, I want to go next year.

#26 Posted by Dany (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn norm.

#27 Posted by caladbolglight (90 posts) - - Show Bio

He smells good...BAHAHAHAHHAHA, oh Sara, what a hoot. What's the point of him being there if you can't meet him...trying to figure that out.

#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Evans "smells nice"?? Oh my, I think our Sara is a little smitten :}

Good luck, Sara! I'm sure you'll catch him soon!

#29 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man's shirt is awesome.  

#30 Posted by SuperCoonce (425 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome wrap-up video!

great turn around guys!

Staff
#31 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone thinks Norm taking pictures is all fun and games but as you can see it is serious work. I go through his cosplay pictures all the time and lose hours of time.

#32 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Very fun start to the show coverage. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next.

#33 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

COMIC CON! 
BALLOON SHARKS! 
SLAVE LEIAS! 
CHRIS EVANS! 

#34 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, that looks freaking awesome. I would have loved to play an official SHIELD agent at Comic-Con, although I probably would have gotten bored and started making stuff up when asked.

#35 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Chris is just playing hard to get.  

#36 Posted by ParaDemise (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, sweet Sara, you're amongst the most prettiest girls I've ever seen... *Sigh*
#37 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8753 posts) - - Show Bio

great video guys

#38 Posted by Giantblue (8 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like fun, maybe next year.

#39 Posted by ThePickle (10 posts) - - Show Bio

So, this is all well and good and all, but one question was left unanswered:

How rock and roll were the toilets? Also, why are ComicVine the only ones with the cool mic things that say "ComicVine."

#40 Edited by ntb1124 (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, best part is when she says she is gonna find chris evans and asks what he is going to do, then he gives the look back at the extremely nice scenery at the Mattel booth, great facial expression!!!  Ok that and the Slave Leias, but so sad you did not get to talk to Chris Evans....

#41 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

@handsomedevil: It might be kinda weird if other people use mics with a Comic Vine logo on it.

Staff
#42 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha Chris Evans slowly looking up in B&W cracked me up. Oh yea and, "Multipass"

#43 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

the best thing for a S.H.I.E.L.D. standee at the avengers panel: "i am sorry but we can not disclose that information". good one! most of the folks they get for events are just picked up off modeling pages anyway, so the only primer they get is "just say you can not say anything!" it is pretty cool that guy may read comics though because he dropped the shield name! WIN! 

#44 Posted by ThePickle (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@handsomedevil: It might be kinda weird if other people use mics with a Comic Vine logo on it.

Well that may be. How about mic things that say Giant Bomb or Screened? What are those things even called?

#45 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun day.  Went to a restaurant where comic artists draw on the walls.  And I went to the Coco Moca, Conan O'Brien Museum of Art, where I got to add to a collaborative work of art.

#46 Posted by JoeyF (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@handsomedevil: Mic flags!

Staff
#47 Posted by ThePickle (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeyF said:

@handsomedevil: Mic flags!

Yeah. those things! Giant Bomb needs mic flags. They do enough interviews where that would make sense. Need to get that brand out there! Synergy!

#48 Posted by Razeil (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Bab's say that Chris Evan's gave her a boner?

#49 Posted by nazer858 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528 said:

Haha Chris Evans slowly looking up in B&W cracked me up. Oh yea and, "Multipass"

Hah I thought the same thing - great video

#50 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome video! It's nice to be able to catch a bit of Comic con thanks to ComicVine^^
Great wrap up, looks like both of you guys saw lots of fun stuff there^^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.