SDCC 2011: Dan DiDio Interview

#1 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

It actually made me smile to see that quick shot of the new Justice League. I think I'm warming up to the changes. :)

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunny suit lol. That was funny.  Alright I can buy Supes not being with Lois yet since as of right now he's still coming to his own and is on his own road to self discovery (Didio's words). Still think its funny though that Didio said the new changes being made now he had wanted for like 5 years now...well why did those not come out with the conclusion of Infinite Crisis hmm? Still seems nobody wants to admit that the Superman lawsuit may have been the prime motivation behind all this. 

#3 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Reboot Superman is pretty much a 48 issue limited series. Just sayin' 
..and now a word from DC comics. I hear Jock & Snyder are killing it on detective!

#4 Edited by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

Good interview! I love listening to the creators of comics, and their reasons for changes.
Can't wait to see what the relaunch has in store!

#5 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been fluctuating between optimistic and skeptical about the DC relaunch. DiDio, unfortunately, put be back on skeptical. The fact that Lois Lane's marriage to Clark Kent never happened sounds a little "One More Day" to me. That and the fact that The Killing Joke and Cassandra Cain's stories probably never happened. I like that they're making a big attempt to tell new and different stories, but I just resent it when creators get rid of any character development they want because they think it's what's best.

#6 Posted by Night Thrasher (3681 posts) - - Show Bio

Q: Why reboot DC into "new 52"? 

A: Heroes Reborn got a bum rap! 

Lame!!!

#7 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan DiDio is such a likeable person. 

Nice Interview! 

#8 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman lawsuit had nothing to do with the changes.   rightttttt !!
#9 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Not quite sure what's more entertaining. The awesome interview or the amazing crowd passing buy in the background. Hard to focus on both of those.

#10 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Man.. This guy needs an inhaler.

#11 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's old and I've harped on it before but i just can't get past the blatant lying. DC: "it's not a reboot." DD: "We didn't get rid of the marriage, the marriage never happened."

#12 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

i want xombi

#13 Posted by Outside_85 (8720 posts) - - Show Bio

While I hate the guy's writing and I am not a fan of the rehoot, I think I'd like Dan as a person a fellow comic-enthusiast and i have to hand it to him, at least he seems really into the whole thing, despite it being a minefield (and he knows it). 

Btw, am i the only one that has the feeling the DC people who appeared at SDCC all went to some kind of bootcamp where they were trained to auto respond to certain questions that end up with; 

Read Flashpoint 5. Barry is the Flash. Wait till September. It's a new continuity 'stuff' never happened? 

#14 Posted by cdeoleo (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited about day and date release that DC is doing. I was so excited about I had not noticed that it is actually going to be more expensive to get digital. WTF!!!! its digital as in you do not have ship it, print it, or pay diamond. So basically we are paying more for a product that will be cheaper for them to make, when we already pay too much for comics. Print is dead people so why force us towards print with a higher price on digital :@

#15 Posted by inferi22 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on what he said I hope Superman is gay with Jimmy Olsen

#16 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get Didio's way of thinking there about Batgirl.

So when you ask general people they say that Batgirl is Barbara Gordon.

Yet you get rid of the orignal Blue Beetle in this reboot and keep his replacement. That makes no sense.

#17 Posted by sinful (149 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.