SDCC 2011: Bruce Timm 'Batman: Year One' Interview

Posted by JoeyF (167 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by RedRobin92 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm is still a genius 

#2 Posted by NightFang (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you just love Bruce Timm!

#3 Posted by Scodiac (38 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy does great work. 

#4 Posted by SpaceCommander (37 posts) - - Show Bio

DC animation should seriously do a Flash feature film.  They have basically done all the major DC characters except for Flash... and Aquaman.

#5 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to produce a hush film. I want to see Batman Hush and the movie should be 90 mins long.

#6 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone loves Bruce Timm! Can't wait to see what he's working on next after Batman Year One

#7 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony is great interviewing stars and comic big wigs.

#8 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly a man who knows what he's talking about

#9 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my idols in the comic industry.  I love it!

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
Bruce Timm = amazing
#11 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie does seem shorter than expected, its only an hour and a few minutes I think ...

Looking forward to this, I have this preordered along with Arkham City, October 18 is gonna be a great day lol

#12 Posted by csl316 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

He can do no wrong.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wickedly awesome interview! 

#14 Posted by G-Man (30358 posts) - - Show Bio

@quiksilver70777: What about The Killing Joke?

@alwaysbeclothing: @RedheadedAtrocitus: THANKS!

Staff
#15 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see three animated features from DC and Mr Timm 

The Flash 

Aquaman 

Kingdom Come
#16 Posted by Zuckuss_02 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Bruce Timm one day get back to the DCAU & make another great series. Until then, I will continue to buy these animated movies on blu-ray. I still want a Flash animated movie & please make more shorts. I heard that the Catwoman one was gonna be the last one, but I hope they change their minds.

#17 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Flaming C series. Make this happen.

#18 Posted by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

While DC overall movies are generally meh they do an amazing job with their animation thanks to this man (and a few others).

#19 Posted by kennybaese (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@sammo21 said:

While DC overall movies are generally meh they do an amazing job with their animation thanks to this man (and a few others).

I think that a lot of the team movies that they do are meh (the one that immediately comes to mind is JLA: Crisis on Two Earths, or whatever it was called) but the solo character stuff tends to be, for the most part, pretty fantastic. Green Lantern: First Flight was pretty good and both Batman: Under the Red Hood and All Star Superman were amazing.

DC Animation has earned my trust implicitly with Batman, so I'm looking forward to this hitting DVD.

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love for them to begin making something out of the Teen Titans.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14451 posts) - - Show Bio

Great guy

#22 Posted by lapis2 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

they announced the next few movies.  I think the JLA babel story is next, cant remember the 1 after that, but then.......A 2 PART DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE RETURNS!!!!! cant wait! 

they should let Tims team do a live action movie, or at least write the screenplay.  If you go back and look at batman, superman, jla, batman beyond, brave and the bold, ect they seem to be able to tell a better story in 22 minutes than most live actions movies tell in 2 hours, and obviously the feature length stuff they do is great.

#23 Posted by sinful (149 posts) - - Show Bio

He not pretty :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.